Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Is Flygon now viable? I can see Dragon Dance + Roost being a potential niche.
It probably will be more usable than before. But is probably going to be outclassed by DD Zygarde 50% and DD Zygarde 10%.

It may hold a niche over those 2 thanks to Levitate tho

Is Flygon now viable? I can see Dragon Dance + Roost being a potential niche.
Not really. Mega Charizard X exists, and does almost everything every other Dragon Dance user out there can, except better.

Besides, there's Zygarde 10%, which is faster, Gyarados, Dragonite and Altaria (although if the meta starts running around the same things as late ORAS, Flygon will have an edge over Altaria).

On lower tiers, however (likely UU), I can see Flygon taking the Dragon Dancer niche over Salamence (and... well, Haxorus) as it can actually damage Fairies with a STAB move while not being slower than either, resisting Stealth Rock (compared to Salamence), and having room for an utility move (like Roost or U-Turn) if you wish (compared to... well, Haxorus).

Best natures for UBs and Tapus?

So I currently finished the game and want to start cathcing the UBs and Tapus, but I want to have them as competitive as possible, I know the meta hasn't stablished yet, but I suppose there are some standards so far so if anyone could give me natures and movesets for these pokemon it would be appreciated

Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Fini
Tapu Bulu

Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Kartana
Celesteela
Guzzlord

Necrozma

Sorry if I'm asking for much....

Maybe the wrong simple question/ answer thread to post this in but I was wondering if Minior's Shield's Down Forme color is totally random or if it's passed down by breeding.

Tapu Koko - Timid makes the most out of that ridiculous speed tier. Naive or Hasty are probably fine if you plan on going mixed, but so far special is much better than mixed or physical
Tapu Lele - Timid or Modest, 95 is a speed tier where you can get away with running +SpAtk if you wanted
Tapu Fini - Timid for stallbreaker or Bold for more defensive sets
Tapu Bulu - Adamant / Jolly for offensive ones, Impish for defensive

Nihilego - Timid, outrunning Base 100s + Lando-I + Garchomp is quite nice
Buzzwole - Bulkier sets should run Impish / Careful / Adamant, offensive ones should be Jolly / Adamant
Pheromosa - Should be speed boosting unless you're planning on running scarf. Naive if mixed, Jolly if not
Xurkitree - Timid
Kartana - Jolly
Celesteela - Careful seems to be favored atm, offensive sets seem gimmicky
Guzzlord - ??? no one's found an actual use for guzz yet, it's stat spread and movepool is kinda weird to do one thing in particular.

Necrozma - kinda similar to guzz in that it can probably do several different things but doesn't call to one particular moveset

Is showdown adding maxed out IVs gained from hyper training into the simulator, like if you need imperfect IVs to get a specific HP move does it, max you out to 31 all?

Last edited:
Hi people, I'm having trouble with this metagame and it isn't something I'm taking to at all. I cannot seem to wrap my head around the different archetypes of teams being populated right now. As a visual learner, I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide me with any cool infographics pertaining to this. Thanks a lot for the help to anyone who responds!
Why, I just happened to cook up this spicy infographic!

Is T-Wave + Gyro Ball Ferrothorn worth using? I know T-Wave conflicts with Gyro but with the paralysis nerf I thought maybe it's not as bad as it used to be...

Is T-Wave + Gyro Ball Ferrothorn worth using? I know T-Wave conflicts with Gyro but with the paralysis nerf I thought maybe it's not as bad as it used to be...
Even with Ferrothorn's minuscule speed, gyro ball would do less damage than iron head (bp 80) to almost any paralysed pokemon. So that would imply it is either T-Wave or Gyro Ball.

You can persist with them both, but it seems a bit of a waste of one of the two moveslots.

1) If a Ditto switches in against a Blade Form Aegislash, can it change form if it uses King's Shield?
2) If a Ditto switches in against a Shield From Aegislash, does it change to Blade Form when attacking?
3) If a Ditto switches in against a Battle Bond Greninja and kills something, does it change form?
4) If a Ditto switches in against an Ash-Greninja, does it copy Ash-Greninja or regular Greninja?
5) If a Ditto switches in against a Pixie Plate Arceus while itself is holding a Splash Plate, does it change into Water Arceus or Fairy Arceus or Normal Arceus? In this case, what will be the type of Judgement?
6) If an opponent uses a Z-Move (say, Hydro Vortex) and I use Mirror Move, do I copy the Z-Move or the base move?
Reasking this because I do not know the answer to these.

Reasking this because I do not know the answer to these.
The smogon description for transform is: "Transforms the user into the target, copying its type, stats, stat changes, moves, and ability."

And for imposter (Ditto's hidden ability) you "transform into the opponent" upon switching in.

Logically, if you copy an ability and the moves of a pokemon, your ditto acts exactly like the pokemon it transforms into. With imposter you even get any boosts the other pokemon has gained before you transformed/impostered.

Therefore:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Ash-Greninja

My hunch for 5 would be that you becomes a water Arceus as you keep your original item. So in this reading you would: i. transform into pixie Arceus, then immediately your plate would activate and it would become water.
But 5 is harder to work out (though the least likely of these to happen), and I am not too sure about my response. I could imagine it going either way - I guess the question is 'what happens when Arceus receives another plate', for instance if you trick it a different plate, or even another item and remove its plate via trick. This I am unsure about.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)