Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

It’s usually paired with screens. You can also use LO or Lum though
Behind dual screens, you gain its boost when struck by a super effective move, which makes Dragapult even harder to deal with :)
So I ran into a weakness policy Dragonite today on a ladder, not a screens team, but it reminded me of how that was a popular set for Dnite in XY. And it had me thinking about my own HO, where I'm debating between using Heavy duty boots or Weakness policy on a screens HO for Dnite.

So I ran into a weakness policy Dragonite today on a ladder, not a screens team, but it reminded me of how that was a popular set for Dnite in XY. And it had me thinking about my own HO, where I'm debating between using Heavy duty boots or Weakness policy on a screens HO for Dnite.
weakness policy can work but then you need VERY good hazard control, as the whole point of that set is multiscale abuse, but a good thing is that weakness policy allows you to use special attacks as well, like flamethrower to break through steels

weakness policy can work but then you need VERY good hazard control, as the whole point of that set is multiscale abuse, but a good thing is that weakness policy allows you to use special attacks as well, like flamethrower to break through steels
So two defog/rapid spin users for example

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Is the Mandibuzz set from its smogon page still the one being used or is there some other ev spreads that are meant for something specific?

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Is the Mandibuzz set from its smogon page still the one being used or is there some other ev spreads that are meant for something specific?
Currently the best spread is 248 HP / 92 Def / 152 SpD / 16 Spe Impish.
This survives two Choice Specs Draco Meteors from Dragapult, two Choice Band Smart Strikes from Kartana, and outspeeds Azumarill.

Is there a viable stored power set for clefable? It's hard to choose what moves i need, should i go cosmic power? should i go calm mind? the list just goes on.... Help for stored power clef could be appreciated

Is there any reason smack down isn’t more common on utility Lando?
From experience, it competes with Stone edge, toxic, u-turn, knock off and even defog for me since when I'm not running suicide lead lando or Offensive sweeper lando , stealth rock and eq take up two slots, making it hard to fit the other desirable options you may want on it.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
You would run Smack Down on offensive sets where you don't want Gravity, which can be for a number of reasons like utilizing your fliers such as Corviknight/Torn-T for defensive utility. Its a team specific tech really.

is screens offense still a good choice in OU as of now? many players say its trash, uncreative, or they just hate on it for some reason. is this actually true or is this bullshit?

Thoughts on Scarf Koko ?

In test playing a team HO built, I realized with the mons I had, I didn't really have sufficient speed control so I ended up trying Scarf Koko ( I could turn it into Screens Koko tho potentially)
is screens offense still a good choice in OU as of now? many players say its trash, uncreative, or they just hate on it for some reason. is this actually true or is this bullshit?
Screens is pretty common and its good.

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I run Brave Bird Corv for Bulu/Rilla, what's a sturdy Bisharp check? Or should I just run body press and figure out some other way to deal with grass types?
You could run both and skip U-turn. But if you want to run U-turn and Brave Bird, you could go for a partner like Tangrowth that helps out with Bisharp and alleviates pressure on Corviknight by helping check the threats you mentioned and also makes your match up better against RillaZone or RillaKart.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
what are some of the best scarfers right now for HO?
Hyper offense teams rarely use choice locked Pokemon in their teams, as they can drain momentum, while being choice locked in a move. Hyper offense teams prefer support, be it via entry hazard stacking, setting dual screens, or other supportive aspects, and they have their respective setup sweepers or breakers in the back. But being choice locked on hyper offense teams can be exploited and you have to switch out your choice locked Pokemon in the worst case, and this can lead, since hyper offensive teams dont have much defensive counterplay, that you have to probably sack a Pokemon.

I would stray back from using a Choice Scarfer on a hyper offensive team at all, and use this particular Pokemon rather as a wallbreaker or setup sweeper, to ensure the brute force which comes with hyper offensive structures to break through the opposition.

hope that helped :)

Hyper offense teams rarely use choice locked Pokemon in their teams, as they can drain momentum, while being choice locked in a move. Hyper offense teams prefer support, be it via entry hazard stacking, setting dual screens, or other supportive aspects, and they have their respective setup sweepers or breakers in the back. But being choice locked on hyper offense teams can be exploited and you have to switch out your choice locked Pokemon in the worst case, and this can lead, since hyper offensive teams dont have much defensive counterplay, that you have to probably sack a Pokemon.

I would stray back from using a Choice Scarfer on a hyper offensive team at all, and use this particular Pokemon rather as a wallbreaker or setup sweeper, to ensure the brute force which comes with hyper offensive structures to break through the opposition.

hope that helped :)
Interesting. So Choice banded and Choice Scarf pokemon make more sense on Bulky offense or balance teams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)