Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Now that dyna is gone, how does this simulate in game? If we wanted to use smogon rules and clauses and wanted to play OU on cart, it's impossible to disable Dynamax I believe? Would it just be a gentleman's agreement not to use dyna, and if they do on accident (they forget, finger slipped, ect) is that an auto forfeit?
It's impossible to disable your opponent bringing a Zacian as well, or a Pokemon with Evasion moves, etc. All cart battles done with Smogon tiers are based on gentleman's agreements, and yes, if any of the applicable clauses or bans are violated that usually counts as a forfeit/disqualification for the purposes of tournaments and the like.

Now that dyna is gone, how does this simulate in game? If we wanted to use smogon rules and clauses and wanted to play OU on cart, it's impossible to disable Dynamax I believe? Would it just be a gentleman's agreement not to use dyna, and if they do on accident (they forget, finger slipped, ect) is that an auto forfeit?
That's how it would work with Sleep Clause and Evasion Clause too.

Just bumping this, mainly to know how much I should invest on speed. Would be glad if anyone can help with that.

I asked a question about Grimmsnarl sets two days ago and I just want to complement that. I'm thinking of going with the aggressive Bulk Up set and I'm seeing three different spreads: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 SDEF, 232 HP / 252 ATK / 24 SPE and 224 HP /252 ATK/ 32 SPE. Is any of them agreeably the better one? What are we trying to outspeed with these speed EVs? If I'm going with leftovers/subs, which is the better HP spread? And lastly, life orb or leftovers?

After those, I swear I'm done with the Grimmsnarl inquisition. Lol Thanks to you all!

What are the last two moves being run on Scarf Flygon atm (assuming U-turn and EQ are the first two)? Are they Fire Punch and Outrage? Are options like Stone Edge or First Impression viable?

What are the last two moves being run on Scarf Flygon atm (assuming U-turn and EQ are the first two)? Are they Fire Punch and Outrage? Are options like Stone Edge or First Impression viable?
I'd assume fire punch and Outrage. I'm not a fan of First impression on a scarfer, especially as now you don't have to worry about max Airstream speed boosts and most scarfers are revenge killers (unless you wanna use a hit and run approach or potentially snipe faster scarfers with the priority).

With dynamax out the window will this help Goodra be more viable in OU? Yeah I know the metagame has just shifted so everything is new but I'm interested if anyone has takes on what they would think maybe a good set to run now that it doesn't have to face so much hyper offense from dynamax.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Is Reuniclus a solid pick in OU this Gen?
It certainly has merit as a defensive win condition, but it is not the most consistent pick.
With dynamax out the window will this help Goodra be more viable in OU? Yeah I know the metagame has just shifted so everything is new but I'm interested if anyone has takes on what they would think maybe a good set to run now that it doesn't have to face so much hyper offense from dynamax.
Maybe, seeing as it can check Rotom forms, which are particularly troublesome with Nasty Plot atm, but it will not be a common pick regardless. Fringe viable at best.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Why is flareon used over arcanine? Is it just because the former has better natural SpD and Atk? I'd think arcanine would be a better darm check since it can intimidate it on the switchin and heal up with Morning Sun, which flareon does not get.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is flareon used over arcanine? Is it just because the former has better natural SpD and Atk? I'd think arcanine would be a better darm check since it can intimidate it on the switchin and heal up with Morning Sun, which flareon does not get.
Flareon gets Wish which gives it a slight edge in utility over Arcanine. Morning Sun is also reliant on better weather circumstances, which during Dynamax era was a bit rougher.

Dynamax disappearing might make it more viable. Only time will tell.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can someone please tell me why the Tyranitar in the team in post one of this thread has 27 speed IVs (NOT EVs)? It's been killing me for WEEKS now. What on earth does it want to outslow?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/swsh-ou-bazaar.3656490/
It’s to underspeed -Speed nature Aegislash to lure it into using CC and ohko it after it changes to Blade form. Not sure why it’s 27 instead of 28 speed IVs but probably doesn’t matter, maybe it’s to also catch 30 iv aegis that try to underspeed other aegis while still being faster than random stuff 0 iv couldn’t hit

As someone that prefers cart over Showdown, has there been attempts to "reserve" a specific Link Code where ideally users do follow the "Gentleman's Agreement" for OU without Max (or one for UU, one for LC, etc etc). Obviously it won't be perfect but it would be nice where there would be a specific Link Code where your chances of playing this way with a random trainer following the same rules are much higher.

Alstone

Banned deucer.
Should teams usually have a good g-darm switch-in?
Since I just recently learned that Dynamax is gone, you COULD use something like a pokemon with the item Eject Button that doesn't mind taking a hit from Darmanitan and switch into your item Choice Scarf Dugtrio. I don't have any good examples, but when I play in the Ubers tier, my Pokemon team is not great for lead choices when I see a Darmanitan at Team Preview. So I added Choice Scarf (Scarf for short) Dugtrio on my team with Stone Edge and run Adamant Nature, so I can hopefully hit my attack move and faint the Darmanitan turn 1.

I guess good pokemon with Eject Button could be feasiable Water types like Toxapex or Rotom-Wash, or Fire Types like Rotom-Heat, since they are great for it's usual movepool choices Icicle Crash/Flare Blitz/Earthquake/U-Turn. I am open to more ideas for that subject, I just believe Darmanitan (Especially Choice Band ones) are a bit out of reach in terms of reliable "switch-ins" because of it's mobility and attack moves hitting harder than a truck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)