Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

for purely offensive Dnite with 3 attacks i think DWB, Ice punch and eq makes the most sense.

If you want roost, dropping dwb seems fine as you are only walled by like buzzwole I think.

If you want roost and heal bell, then keeping dwb seems to make a lot of sense as at that point you're running more of a bulky dd set up set for sure so I don't think ice punch is as essential since you can't be statused and are healing up a lot so getting enough boosts to break through zapdos/defog corviknight/ and spdef lando t seems probable.

3 attack DD Dnite seems like such a waste of Multiscale. 1 attack version can work well but EQ for Pex makes things so much easier. If you have an answer to Zapdos and Garchomp Dual Wingbeat > Ice Punch for me.

What are your favourite stallbreakers on a Bulky Offense team? Lets assume there's no room for something like Crawdaunt. I've seen a lot of praise for NP/Taunt/Hurricane/FB Torn in the showdown OU chatroom but I'm not sure that could consistently be relied upon.

3 attack DD Dnite seems like such a waste of Multiscale. 1 attack version can work well but EQ for Pex makes things so much easier. If you have an answer to Zapdos and Garchomp Dual Wingbeat > Ice Punch for me.

What are your favourite stallbreakers on a Bulky Offense team? Lets assume there's no room for something like Crawdaunt. I've seen a lot of praise for NP/Taunt/Hurricane/FB Torn in the showdown OU chatroom but I'm not sure that could consistently be relied upon.
3 attack ddnite is mostly an ho set since you shouldn't really be roosting most of the time to maintain momentum , and having all 3 moves means it's easier to keep momentum and actually set up and sweep mid game since very few things wall that combination of coverage.

As for stall breakers been liking melmetal a lot.

3 attack ddnite is mostly an ho set since you shouldn't really be roosting most of the time to maintain momentum , and having all 3 moves means it's easier to keep momentum and actually set up and sweep mid game since very few things wall that combination of coverage.

As for stall breakers been liking melmetal a lot.
True, but SD Chomp/Kart have a similarly easy time switching and tend to be much scarier (at least in my experience). I'm not saying 3 attack DDnite can't cause problems, but Multiscale is too good of an ability to not abuse more than once per battle. A DDite with roost is such a powerful tool against Stall (with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy Support), Rain, Sun, in addition to being able to tank a hit of basically anything else (lets forget about Triple Axel..). Dnite doesn't have much wall-breaking potential from turn 1 unless you've gone for a really weird set.

True, but SD Chomp/Kart have a similarly easy time switching and tend to be much scarier (at least in my experience). I'm not saying 3 attack DDnite can't cause problems, but Multiscale is too good of an ability to not abuse more than once per battle. A DDite with roost is such a powerful tool against Stall (with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy Support), Rain, Sun, in addition to being able to tank a hit of basically anything else (lets forget about Triple Axel..). Dnite doesn't have much wall-breaking potential from turn 1 unless you've gone for a really weird set.
I agree with you since DD Dnite likes having roost on BO/Balance teams. when i said HO i had Dnite with screen support and weakness policy in mind, where ideally you have Regieleki as the screen setter since it also compresses rapid spin so Dnite can sweep mid- late game. It's definitely not a wallbreaker set but is a mid to late game sweeper that comes in after your intially screens setting and wall breaking partners do their job. So there it's pretty likely you, after factoring in screens and multiscale, you end up being at +2 attack and +1 speed and can sweep the rest of the team so you're scarfer can clean up assuming Ddnite doesn't just finish things off on it's own, and given the fast pace nature of the team roost likely isn't worth the momentum sink and lack of coverage here.

However, now that I think about it, there is some merit to having a roost set even with screens support so i can think it could potentially work even on HO, depending on what role you wish Dnite to fill.

blooclipse

formerly Bluecliqse
go to the metagame discussion for this but ill still answer
my favorite stallbreaker so far is specs eleki. Its extremely niche and doesn't fit on a lot of teams but it does insane damage.
Other than eleki, I'm having a lot of fun running subcm blacephalon. It can setup to +6 on blissey and a lot of other stall mons, and then just win.

Reactions: odt

blooclipse

formerly Bluecliqse
I don't use rain but it's usually something like pelipper, barraskewda, seismitoad, ferrothorn, zapdos, and you can put any 6th mon here. Correct me if I'm wrong tho
seismitoad usually isn't always necessary, its thost 4 + 2 filler.
The 2 fillers can be a thunder abuser, Weather Ball abuser, another swift swimmer, Dry Skin mon, really whatever

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
What is the most standard cookie cutter Rain team in the current meta?
In addition to everything said, I generally like lando-t on my Rain teams. Lando in Rain can laugh at Heatran and lets Ferrothorn run Spikes over SR. Spikes are darn-near necessary on Rain IMO, if you get a layer down with SR a lot of Rain checks suddenly can't switch into Barraskewda.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
is there a good ev spread for np hydregion i can see?
Generally they just run max speed+ and max satk, but you can EV around certain things depending upon your item, set, team, etc. without committing too much, which can sway some match-ups. Some examples below:

252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Hydreigon: 129-152 (39.6 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hydreigon: 274-324 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 56 SpD Hydreigon: 138-162 (42.4 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
16 SpA Arctozolt Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Hydreigon: 240-284 (73.8 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Obviously you lose some damage output, so it's a give-and-take, but it can be worthwhile on certain teams!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What is the best moveset for a standard pex?
Really depends on the team. Generally scald knock revive haze is the most common, but you can see toxic or even baneful bunker/light screen fitting over one of the attacking moves depending on the team. Occasionally Poison Jab shows up for CM Fini, too.

can a base team structure consisting of Hippowdown, Tyranitar, Excadrill and Dracozolt work out even with the multiple shared weaknesses?

not with all four, but maybe with three
I was thinking about all four for a sand team bc i already run 3 of them on sand teams but usually ttar gets the defensive setter role and ends up with almost no presence, i thought hippowdown could fullfil this setter role and give ttar the opportunity to have a more offensive presence.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
I was thinking about all four for a sand team bc i already run 3 of them on sand teams but usually ttar gets the defensive setter role and ends up with almost no presence, i thought hippowdown could fullfil this setter role and give ttar the opportunity to have a more offensive presence.
It will be impossible to fit all four. It's already very hard to fit three. Generally you see two, but double rusher can work if you're really desperate for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)