Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I got a couple questions about improvement.

Does reviewing replays or important battles help?

Do well built teams influence player capability at higher levels of play?

And is there a source to help improve your team building?

I got a couple questions about improvement.

Does reviewing replays or important battles help?

Do well built teams influence player capability at higher levels of play?

And is there a source to help improve your team building?
1. Yes, because it helps u from learning your mistakes
2. It’s not that every low laddered players make bad teams and high laddered players make good teams, but normally, yes.
3. The RMT on Smogon can potentially help with team building, oreven the showdown discord server

Two questions guys:

1-after the eventual ban of Gdarm, which ice pokemon will be he star of OU?

2-Can we finally expect Kyurem (when it becomes legal) to finally be OU by usage?

Hi,
I have a small question but i'm not sure if it is the right place to ask.
I want to play with overused rules on out Switch with a friend, but there is a 20 minutes timer on the game. Is there any way to have non timer battle ?

Two questions guys:

1-after the eventual ban of Gdarm, which ice pokemon will be he star of OU?

2-Can we finally expect Kyurem (when it becomes legal) to finally be OU by usage?
1. The most used Ice types in UU as of most recent usage stats were Mamoswine, Weavile, Cloyster, Avalugg and Frosmoth. I've seen a handful of Mamo and Cloyster on the ladder, so it seems those are the most likely ones.

2. With 660 BST, great coverage with Ice Beam, Earth Power and Freeze-Dry, I don't see why Kyurem wouldn't at least be OU.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi,
I have a small question but i'm not sure if it is the right place to ask.
I want to play with overused rules on out Switch with a friend, but there is a 20 minutes timer on the game. Is there any way to have non timer battle ?
Nope, atleast not that I've heard of. Though, a metagame with a 20min timer where the win condition is to just maintain more KOs than your opponent could be a neat twist for a metagame, so there is a part of me that hopes it gets explored a bit. I would imagine its very stall heavy, though.

What is Copperajah used for in OU?
Pprizrak Copperajah is primarilry used on Trick Room teams thanks to its good attack and powerful coverage moves. The most common set I've seen is:

Copperajah @ Life Orb
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip
- Play Rough / Earthquake

or something to that effect. It also could be a half-way decent Stealth Rock setter.

1. The most used Ice types in UU as of most recent usage stats were Mamoswine, Weavile, Cloyster, Avalugg and Frosmoth. I've seen a handful of Mamo and Cloyster on the ladder, so it seems those are the most likely ones.

2. With 660 BST, great coverage with Ice Beam, Earth Power and Freeze-Dry, I don't see why Kyurem wouldn't at least be OU.
Thank you :3

So do you mean to say that Kyurem might be pumped to ubers?

So do you think we will have some ice types ( if any) that are OU by usage? As in not BL?

Thank you :3

So do you mean to say that Kyurem might be pumped to ubers?

So do you think we will have some ice types ( if any) that are OU by usage? As in not BL?
Too early to say on Kyurem, but 660 BST and good coverage might be too much for the tier when you consider the big drop-off in overall power after Dexit.

I think it'd be tough for any new ice types considering the higher cut-off for OU this gen, being 4.52% instead the previous 3.41%. Mamoswine and Cloyster seem the best bets, but it's all theory crafting rn considering how drastically the tier could change in the coming weeks.

Too early to say on Kyurem, but 660 BST and good coverage might be too much for the tier when you consider the big drop-off in overall power after Dexit.

I think it'd be tough for any new ice types considering the higher cut-off for OU this gen, being 4.52% instead the previous 3.41%. Mamoswine and Cloyster seem the best bets, but it's all theory crafting rn considering how drastically the tier could change in the coming weeks.
I understand thank you again for ypur reply.

I just hope OU won’t remain devoid of Ice types post G-Darm.

Does stall have any way of dealing with Calm Mind Hatterene?
Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Draining Kiss
-Mystical Fire

The only defensive mons that can check it are Centiskorch and Flareon, and possibly Arcanine, but they're all mediocre and don't fit onto stall well. Even specially defensive Steelix (which Wheezer has used iirc) is outsped and takes 37% minimum from an unboosted Mystical Fire and fails to OHKO with Heavy Slam. My best idea is using Reuniclus to win the Calm Mind war with Psyshock but idk how reliable that is.

Edit: chimp
0 SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 144-170 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

0 SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Corsola-Galar: 127-150 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Neither can reliably switch into Hatterene, and Corsola can't even use Strength Sap to heal since it gets bounced back. Even if they're both EVd to outrun Hatterene it's not enough.

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hatterene @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Draining Kiss
-Mystical Fire

The only defensive mons that can check it are Centiskorch and Flareon, and possibly Arcanine, but they're all mediocre and don't fit onto stall well. Even specially defensive Steelix (which Wheezer has used iirc) is outsped and takes 37% minimum from an unboosted Mystical Fire and fails to OHKO with Heavy Slam. My best idea is using Reuniclus to win the Calm Mind war with Psyshock but idk how reliable that is.
My first bet would be a Haze user. You could try speed creeping a Toxapex with around 12 EVs to bring it to 109 speed, since most CM Hatterenes will go 56 speed EVs in order to hit 108 and outspeed most Toxapex sets. Corsola-G also gets Haze.

hero

amiwos :J
What's the standard set for Xatu in OU right now?
People tend to use Psychic, Roost, Teleport and then a coverage move like Heat Wave or maybe some utility with Thunder Wave. Teleport is nice because it is a move with negative priority that lets you switch out, so it's excellent for pivoting. As far as investment goes, one can usually go physically defensive with enough speed investment to hit 250 so you can outspeed banded fish, but depending on your team that may be unnecessary. Either way most of the time Xatu will be switching into more passive mons and making sure you can get things in safely.

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Draining Kiss
-Mystical Fire

0 SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 144-170 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

0 SpA Hatterene Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Corsola-Galar: 127-150 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Neither can reliably switch into Hatterene, and Corsola can't even use Strength Sap to heal since it gets bounced back. Even if they're both EVd to outrun Hatterene it's not enough.
A Gastrodon with some SpDef investment and Clear Smog can keep that specific set in check. It has to be careful when switching in tho, because if it's Specs or LO things can get ugly, and of course if you get toxic'd you can't beat it either.

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas

Obviously it will require playing around the Hatterene a little bit, but the idea is that you remove the boosts than go into something that can take care of it while it tries to re-set up. there are ways to bait in a DK to bring in Toxapex safetly, for example. Maybe it will be more useful if you post the team you're working with? If you consider CM Hatterene to be a big enough threat, it might be worth it to consider re-working some elements of the team itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)