Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Yes, especially when the only Arena Trap Pokemon is Dugtrio, which has a lot less at its disposal than Gothitelle.
I think that the main reason why they banned shadow tag is to prevent setup, as gothitelle's Evolution line has access to great setup moves and would otherwise take advantage of defensive mons and sweep to victory. On the other side, dugtrio and the more gimmicky anchor shot Dhelmise lack those setup moves and in dugtrio's case, it even lacks survivability, the fact that it only ever runs a focus Sash, reversal sets really speaks to that, a reversal that does pretty lackbuster damage against anything remotely defensive. Should they ever received any noteworthy boosting moves, they would probably be banned. But dugtrio's horrible bulk means that prediction+Stealth Rock means instante death, and if it avoids it, it is only trading pokémon, because he isn't pulling Off a sweep any time soon. Thus actually making them fairly balanced on the whole.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I think that the main reason why they banned shadow tag is to prevent setup, as gothitelle's Evolution line has access to great setup moves and would otherwise take advantage of defensive mons and sweep to victory. On the other side, dugtrio and the more gimmicky anchor shot Dhelmise lack those setup moves and in dugtrio's case, it even lacks survivability, the fact that it only ever runs a focus Sash, reversal sets really speaks to that, a reversal that does pretty lackbuster damage against anything remotely defensive. Should they ever received any noteworthy boosting moves, they would probably be banned. But dugtrio's horrible bulk means that prediction+Stealth Rock means instante death, and if it avoids it, it is only trading pokémon, because he isn't pulling Off a sweep any time soon. Thus actually making them fairly balanced on the whole.
Gothitelle can use CM to sweep, but more importantly it has Trick to cripple bulkier Pokemon and make them ineffective defensive answers to offensive teammates. Gothitelle having CM is a bonus, but it is not really why it was banned at all. It was banned in previous generations without relying on a CM set as much and while this can lead to games snowballing out of control, the sheer ability to trap and cripple or kill things with such reliability, especially without Pursuit in the tier, was largely why.

Dugtrio can do similar things on a much less consistent basis due to lack of Trick, worse bulk, and reliance on a few more things in terms of game state. It is still effect and may get banned eventually like it has in previous generations.

[QUOTE="Finchinator, post: 8326486, member

Clefable, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Rotom-Mow, and Reuniclus all do the trick
[/QUOTE]
I can add one to the list, eldegross, monograss isn't the best typing but unlike ferrothorn isn't 0HKO by any fire type, and can actually withstand fire blast from dragapult, and if it land Leech seed on that turn, can Heal back up with Protect and Leftovers and take another one, it also has synthesis for reliable recovery and rápid spin. It is also very easy to keep healthy due to it having a great ability in Regenerator. I know it's not OU, the team I'm using it on is working well and if I reach a good placement with it I'll nominate it with further knowledge. But regarding seismitoad, you can l safely Leech seed and either sap him or whoever he Switches into, as no one wants to risk eldegross having a grass type attack.

P. S. : almost 2020 here on Spain, Happy New Year in advance everybody!!

I've been using 24 speed IVs on Flareon to creep standard LO Clef and uninvested Corv and then the rest in SpDef. Not sure how necessary that is, but it helps. I also tend to prefer wisp over yawn for the long-term play, but both have their upsides.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Are there any decent answers to NP 3 attacks Hydreigon on balance? It seems like you have to let a mon die and try to revenge kill it in order to have a chance.

Are there any decent answers to NP 3 attacks Hydreigon on balance? It seems like you have to let a mon die and try to revenge kill it in order to have a chance.
Spdef Pex can take a hit and poison it.
Ferro can seed it.
etc.
Unfortunately, the most effective answer would be to have to revenge kill it after afflicting it with said condition.

Sylveon can do it too with a bit of SpDef investment, it’s capable of taking a +2 Flash Cannon and OHKOing in return with Hyper Voice. Bit of a niche option, but good at checking Hydreigon, Dragapult, and other special attackers.

Specially Defensive Clefable and Specially Defensive Sylveon live a +2 Flash Cannon and KO it back. 252 HP/124 SPD Sylveon is able to live a hit after rocks 100% of the time as well +2 252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 124+ SpD Sylveon: 291-343 (73.8 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

What Pokemon of Stall is capable to counter Toxtricity specs ?
I'm very new to this stall thing, but ferrothorn handles him just fine, eldegross works well if you confirm no sludge bomb, and can take one in a pinch, and then you have the ultimate counter to toxicitry, excadrill, it's not a stall staple by any means but in my team, which is semi-stall(just made that term up), he works very well as an inminent threat offensively, especially to the rotoms, aswell as a backup spiner.

P.S. your name is amazing, must be scary to see it on team preview. Kind of like "Winter is coming".

Is there a „sample teams“ topic for OU (just saying to make sure lol) somewhere yet? Cuz as always I can’t make my own team (there are too many cool Pokemon on the VR haha) but I wanna get started in this meta.

Is there a „sample teams“ topic for OU (just saying to make sure lol) somewhere yet? Cuz as always I can’t make my own team (there are too many cool Pokemon on the VR haha) but I wanna get started in this meta.
There’s a sample team thread pinned, it’s not up to date though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)