Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

What team of 6 would be the best possible stall killer squad? I emphasize again, I don’t care about any other matchup or ladder viability, I just want a team comprised of mons that all do best against stall for matchup fishing/boredom.
You can also try Bulk Up Guts Leftovers Conkeldurr and just get the burn against Pex.
Or SD Guts Flame Orb Heracross if you want something more straightforward.
And a personal favorite is Scarf Male Indeedee. Hits like a truck with Expanding Force and can Trick the scarf to the pink blobs or something else.

I've been thinking since we'll be seeing a lot more Legendaries again in The Crown Tundra...Do you think we should have some sort of Premier Cup-like metagame separate from the one we have now that forbids us from using all Legendary and Mythical Pokemon (including Tapu Lele and Landorus-T)? In my opinion, I think it would make things a lot more interesting. I've got that idea after seeing that Pokemon GO did it with their Premier Cup rules.

I've been thinking since we'll be seeing a lot more Legendaries again in The Crown Tundra...Do you think we should have some sort of Premier Cup-like metagame separate from the one we have now that forbids us from using all Legendary and Mythical Pokemon (including Tapu Lele and Landorus-T)? In my opinion, I think it would make things a lot more interesting. I've got that idea after seeing that Pokemon GO did it with their Premier Cup rules.
Jesus Christ, not this again...

The only thing that makes a legendary Pokemon a legendary Pokemon is that Game Freak arbitrarily decided to give it a little badge that says "legendary". Removing legendary Pokemon just for being legendary makes as much sense as removing purple Pokemon just for being purple, which is to say it's completely arbitrary and really dumb.

I should copy this down somewhere. This idea gets proposed often enough that I'm getting tired of writing it all out every time.

Jesus Christ, not this again...

The only thing that makes a legendary Pokemon a legendary Pokemon is that Game Freak arbitrarily decided to give it a little badge that says "legendary". Removing legendary Pokemon just for being legendary makes as much sense as removing brown Pokemon just for being brown, which is to say it's completely arbitrary and really dumb.

I should copy this down somewhere. This idea gets proposed often enough that I'm getting tired of writing it all out every time.
Sorry, it's just a thought that came into my head after playing Pokemon GO. There is no need to get all personal about it. May I ask, when was the first time this sort of 'proposal' was done before?

Probably since Pokemon was first released. As for the most recent one before you, last week to my knowledge. It happens with enough frequency that I find it very frustrating.

I should probably write that copypasta to not be super aggressive.
Ah, I see. I didn't know the idea was rejected enough considering I don't read much on here nowadays aside from the tier changes and my team feedbacks. We'll just wait and see how the metagame goes when The Crown Tundra arrives.

I often see 2 variants of Hex Dragapult, one with Modest 252 SpA / 252 Spe with TWave/Draco Meteor/U-turn/Hex, and the other with Mild 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe using Dragon Darts instead of Draco Meteor.

Generally speaking, when would you want to use one of these over the other?

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I often see 2 variants of Hex Dragapult, one with Modest 252 SpA / 252 Spe with TWave/Draco Meteor/U-turn/Hex, and the other with Mild 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe using Dragon Darts instead of Draco Meteor.

Generally speaking, when would you want to use one of these over the other?
Dragon Darts improves Dragapult's matchup against Volcarona, Alakazam, and Blissey, among other specially defensive Pokemon. If your team already has sufficient counterplay to these, you can run a full special set instead, as it improves Dragapult's overall damage output against other Pokemon.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Does Corrosive Gas remove the target's item or leave it on and render it unusable? The Showdown description says the first one but Bulbapedia says the second.

7453290D-4B18-4CC3-BDF9-1E9B02305394.jpeg

I’m looking into Scarf Drag primarily as an anti weather / setup mon. What is the best set and nature? I think outrunning jolly Exca is probably worth running a +speed nature, no?

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 271480

I’m looking into Scarf Drag primarily as an anti weather / setup mon. What is the best set and nature? I think outrunning jolly Exca is probably worth running a +speed nature, no?
I can tell you that you need 196 EVs with a +Speed Nature, but I don't think that it is viable, since most Drill are Adament and besides that you can run Corv or Skarm or a defensive Grass.
You can run outrun the other weather sweepers (Venusaur and Kingdra) with max speed and scarf (or 160 EVs in Speed to outrun Kingdra in rain with a scarf), but I also don't think that scarfpult is that viable.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hi.
I wanted to create a new meta.
I started with Necrozma.
Best partners for Necrozma in you opinion?
first of all you should decide on a set to use for necrozma, but since it is used on hyper offensive teams it has either the power herb meteor beam-set or the lead-set with stealth rocks to lay out some entry-hazards. the movepool is heat wave, meteor beam, photon geyser or psyshock, depending, if you want to catch chansey / blissey, since you hit them harder on their physical side.

common teammates are:
rillaboom: is an extremly good pkmn on hyper offensive teams as its swords dance-set is extremely powerful and after a +2 there are only a limited amount of switchins into its stab grassy glide and its coverage-options in high horsepower or superpower. it can provide momentum with u-turn as well.
hawlucha: paired up with rillaboom, that pkmn builds up a nice offensive core as this can abuse grassy seed to get the immediate boost with unburden and roost, close combat, acrobatics and swords dance is a very great set which also provides longevity.
crawdaunt: is very solid on offensive team structures as it has a massive breaking power with swords dance + 3 attacks with even a strong priority move in aqua jet, the remaining moves are stab-knock off and stab-grabhammer.
primarina: can abuse rillabooms grassy terrain together with leftovers to maintain itself healthy when it uses the substitute + calm mind set. rillaboom with u-turn is a blessing there to get it in on a safer spot, so you can start to set-up. moonblast + scald are the stab options.
toxtricity: this mon recently rises in popularity and usage as the shift gear set + drain punch is optimal to help against bulkier teams with blissey as a common special defense sponge. drain punch helps bypassing this pink blob.
excadrill: if you dont have a entry-hazard-setter, drill here can work wonders for setting up rocks and for removing them with rapid spin as well. excadrill in general is a nice common lead on ho-teams.
dragapult: dragon dance + 3 attacks is extremly powerful and the last slot can be even fire blast for the option to bypass ferrothorn, as iron barbs + rocky helmet is a huge damage against dragapult.
urshifu (fight/dark): either bulk up + 3 attacks with sucker and black glasses as an item or choice band-set with u-turn can be an optimal partner for necrozma.
volcarona: has many sets to abuse, but it depends on the team structure and what exactly you want, but commonly it runs either the offensive set with quiver dance and bug buzz, fiery dance and psychic, or a bulkier version with flamethrower and bug buzz + roost and sometimes safeguard to not get hindered by toxics and t-waves from chanseys and blisseys, so it can setup safely.

these are common teammates for necrozma, i hope the answer helped you to gain some input about this mon.
(sry that the answer is so long btw, forgive me!)

Last edited:
What are some good mons to use with dry teleport clefable? I was thinking Specs Pelliper and Volcorona to catch Excadrill switchs but does anything else come to mind?

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

What are the best nature and EV spreads for this set? Smogon dex recommends 56 HP to make 101 HP subs, 200 Spe+Jolly to always outspeed Excadrill, and 252 SpD to idk what apart from surviving Clef's moonblasts. Are there other alternatives?

Last edited:
Any good mons that can support Magnezone? the ones that come to mind are rilla and tangrowth because the former can resist earthquake and has an ability that weakens it, while the latter also resists, and is bulkier

How fun is the scene right now? How easy is it to get into? Do you anticipate large changes (pokemon presently unusable becoming available in the future, e.g.)?

Katy

Banned deucer.
Any good mons that can support Magnezone? the ones that come to mind are rilla and tangrowth because the former can resist earthquake and has an ability that weakens it, while the latter also resists, and is bulkier
good teammates for magnezone are:

rillaboom: cause they both form a really good offensive core with zone trapping corviknight and skarmory and zone can also take on mandibuzz furthermore zone can spread huge damage on toxapex with thunderbolt / volt switch whereas rillaboom can handle ground-types like hippowdon as well as excadrill with a strong priority in grassy glide.
tangrowth: is really bulky as you already mentioned and tangrowth is also able to take on ground-type pkmn, furthermore it has knock off to remove annyoing items thus zone has it easier.
dragapult: they can forme a volt-turn core and dragapult is immune to fighting-type attacks which zone usually fears and dragapult has also the attributes of resisting fire-type attacks.
hippo + drill: zone works well on sand-teams as it doesnt take any damage from the sandstorm made by hippo, furthermore zone can trap corviknight and skarmory for drill, so drill has it easier. hippo and drill can take on urshifu (fighting/dark) as hippo is bulky enough to tank a hit or two and with rocky helmet it can create necessary chip-damage during the long run.
amoonguss: it can also take on urshifu with the physically defensive rocky helmet-set as it also creates chip-damage during the long run.

Why some pokemons has 248 evs in hp and others 252? I know it is better odd hp for rocks. So, why, for example, leftovers tealth rocks tyranitar usually runs 252 hp and not 248 but amoonguss runs 248 hp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)