Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

The OU dex is being worked on actively -- we have a lot of contributors working on analysis. In the meantime, feel free to ask about what specific Pokemon use here.
A'ight then:]
I just wanted to search for ideas to add to a team around this set:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

(Mostly asking for teammates. I wanted to build an offense or balanced team around it. The more standard, the better)

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
A'ight then:]
I just wanted to search for ideas to add to a team around this set:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

(Mostly asking for teammates. I wanted to build an offense or balanced team around it. The more standard, the better)
Life Orb is pretty risky, so you might want to use it on a more offensive team that is able to get by without longevity vs Heatran. Perhaps a hyper offensive team with suicide lead Landorus-T or dual screens Tapu Koko can function well. If not, then it also does pretty well with the support of Stealth Rocks from a Pokemon that handles Corviknight -- Heatran and Trick Clefable are good examples.

Life Orb is pretty risky, so you might want to use it on a more offensive team that is able to get by without longevity vs Heatran. Perhaps a hyper offensive team with suicide lead Landorus-T or dual screens Tapu Koko can function well. If not, then it also does pretty well with the support of Stealth Rocks from a Pokemon that handles Corviknight -- Heatran and Trick Clefable are good examples.
Thanks, Finch!
And if I wanted to use this Chomp set on a balanced team, what would you suggest me? (apart from changing the item to something like Lefties, probably)

another great option for steel birds is magnezone, especially if you want to add more dragons to form a whats called drag mag core, since magneton is pretty good at removing things that usually annoy dragons. In this gen dragmag cores seem to be garchomp+magnezone+1 other dragon(latios or dragapult)
EDIT:magnezone not magneton, im dumb

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
And if I wanted to use this Chomp set on a balanced team, what would you suggest me? (apart from changing the item to something like Lefties, probably)
Heatran or Trick Clefable as the Stealth Rock setter for sure. You want to make sure you have a durable Ground immunity, too, as it is less likely you can fit Landorus-Therian then. Finally, something to break bulky Grass types like Tangrowth reliably can help compliment Garchomp well.

Heatran or Trick Clefable as the Stealth Rock setter for sure. You want to make sure you have a durable Ground immunity, too, as it is less likely you can fit Landorus-Therian then. Finally, something to break bulky Grass types like Tangrowth reliably can help compliment Garchomp well.
Perfect!
Thank you!

Having a lot of trouble dealing with kyurem + lele cores. The big pink wall is not holding up, I'm aware of sp.def corvi and scizor. Anyone got any other gems for me?

Katy

Banned deucer.
Having a lot of trouble dealing with kyurem + lele cores. The big pink wall is not holding up, I'm aware of sp.def corvi and scizor. Anyone got any other gems for me?
Blissey can deal with both but has to be very careful about Psyshock from Tapu Lele. Other Pokemon would be Slowking and Slowking-Galar, they can stomach a move or two by Kyurem and Tapu Lele. Heatran can deal with them, but not properly, as it has to watch out for Focus Blast by Kyurem / Tapu Lele or Earth Power by Kyurem. These are probably the most optimal choices you have, besides the even more niche Jirachi, which can stomach a hit or two especially with a Wish + Protect set, so it can scout what moves Kyurem / Tapu Lele might look themselves into.

Hope that helped.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
It's worth noting that I think most people when they build a team, they end up realizing at the end that they get 6-0d by Kyurem (or Lele, but more often Kyurem) :)

Lots of teams are very weak to one or both, just bc like? they're hard to deal with

Katy

Banned deucer.
What does the Iron Defense + Body Press set for Corvi look like?
Iron Defense + Body Press can run Impish nature with Leftovers as item, the EV spread could be 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD to get the maximum amount out of Body Press. Roost here is mandatory as it allows for longevity on Corviknight. Alternatively you can run Shed Shell, as Magnezone is rising again recently in usage, so Shed Shell might be a very considerable item choice.

Hopefully that helped.

which is better depends on what you want, bulk up sub is much better at pp stalling and scouting opposing moves, but ID has one more move slot that can be given to u-turn or defog, which allows it some pivoting prowess or role compression. It also depends on which typing move you want to use, as body press is fighting, while bulk up can use either brave bird or even iron head. Which of these is better depends on what the rest of your team uses.

I would still suggest some spdef investment even on the ID set, just because it lets it take hits from lele much better, and that is one of corviknight's best qualities in this meta IMO, and body press probably isn't sweeping so the extra damage I think is overkill, especially since it relies on a move that pokemon can be immune to.

Also yh shed shell is definitely worthy of consideration, magnezone just makes you sad

First time posting on here so I'll be asking a very simple question before I do anything wrong: let's say I want to post something about a specific playstyle, what I think makes it viable in a metagame should I post it in the metagame discussion thread or somewhere else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)