Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I know about those two listed sets but I was interested in finding the sp def one if there were direct evs listed. The spdef set's not listed
dk them exactly either
ik some people run max hp/spdef with a positive spd nature
ian_yo from the ou room said: Max hp speed for ttar, daunt or min speed maybe offensive tran if you feel like it then rest in spdef

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
does anyone have a link to usage stats rn? trying to find an underrated threat to teambuild around and dont have it anymore -
edit: found the usage stats link edit: no i dint
or if someone knows some low usage threats rn that can help a lot too ty
You can find usage stats here: https://www.smogon.com/stats/2022-08/ (just ctrl f OU)
If you want to find this link easily (and more) you can write /rfaq usage in the OU room on PS

I know about those two listed sets but I was interested in finding the sp def one if there were direct evs listed. The spdef set's not listed
The set on the smogdex page is outdated, as yeah right now most Lando-T are specially defensive. As wut said, the standard is 252 HP and 252 SpD. The main reason is to use it as way to deal with Heatran/Tapu Koko and to help against Pokemon like Dragapult.

You can find usage stats here: https://www.smogon.com/stats/2022-08/ (just ctrl f OU)
If you want to find this link easily (and more) you can write /rfaq usage in the OU room on PS

The set on the smogdex page is outdated, as yeah right now most Lando-T are specially defensive. As wut said, the standard is 252 HP and 252 SpD. The main reason is to use it as way to deal with Heatran/Tapu Koko and to help against Pokemon like Dragapult.
there is a 0 vers, a 1500 vers and a 1825 vers i dont understand what exactly they represent
is it usage by elo?

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
there is a 0 vers, a 1500 vers and a 1825 vers i dont understand what exactly they represent
is it usage by elo?
If I'm not mistaken 0 means it's usage stats on the whole ladder and 1500 means it's only from games above 1500 elo (same for 1825). I would recommend looking at the 1825 one.

Hi guys, I was trying to find a resource I previously used to identify percentage usage of moves / items for individual Pokemon. This is on top of the general usage statistics.

I cannot for the life of me remember what it was, or if it was smogon based vs external. It was extremely useful for identifying OU specific lure options, hence why I'm asking here and not in the general smogon sqsa thread.

If anybody has any idea what I'm talking about, could you let me know where I can find it? Thank you.

Hi guys, I was trying to find a resource I previously used to identify percentage usage of moves / items for individual Pokemon. This is on top of the general usage statistics.

I cannot for the life of me remember what it was, or if it was smogon based vs external. It was extremely useful for identifying OU specific lure options, hence why I'm asking here and not in the general smogon sqsa thread.

If anybody has any idea what I'm talking about, could you let me know where I can find it? Thank you.
pikalytics?

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor

General Usage: https://www.smogon.com/stats/2022-07/gen8ou-1825.txt
Set Usage: https://www.smogon.com/stats/2022-07/moveset/gen8ou-1825.txt

I personally get these through the rfaq command in the ou room (scroll all the way to the bottom), but I believe there's also a smogon thread

pikalytics?
You're a gem! That is exactly the one I was thinking of. Thank you.

General Usage: https://www.smogon.com/stats/2022-07/gen8ou-1825.txt
Set Usage: https://www.smogon.com/stats/2022-07/moveset/gen8ou-1825.txt

I personally get these through the rfaq command in the ou room (scroll all the way to the bottom), but I believe there's also a smogon thread
I was aware of the general usage stats, but had forgotten about moveset stats in the stats section of the site. Thank you for that, I'll start using rfaq as well!

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Is "slate time" in viability ranking threads basically a time to not post in threads like those and to have rankings changed?
Slate time is a short period of time (Usually max 3 days), where the council votes on all the nominations that were proposed during the "slate", which is the period of time between last Slate time and this current slate Time. The current thread is closed because they will not accept any more nominations until the start of the next Slate, and their votes will be reflected on the viability rankings once they have finished with the current slate.

Slate time is a short period of time (Usually max 3 days), where the council votes on all the nominations that were proposed during the "slate", which is the period of time between last Slate time and this current slate Time. The current thread is closed because they will not accept any more nominations until the start of the next Slate, and their votes will be reflected on the viability rankings once they have finished with the current slate.
Oh, ok-I understand. So basically what I said yeah, rankings getting changed, but based off of the council members' votes. Thanks for answering.

What is a common set for Specs Eleki?
You'd probably want Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, and Rapid Spin, and then there's a few options for the last move. For the last move, Electro Ball is an option that hits certain slow switch-ins hard (namely Ferrothorn, Slowking-G, Blissey), Ancient Power lets you chip Landorus-T, and Explosion is a pinch move that works against certain targets that your other moves are ineffective against (namely Scale Shot Garchomp, maybe Zeraora and Gastrodon).

As for the EV spread, the 252 SpA / 252 Spe spread with Timid works fine. You can drop Speed to 172 (minimum to outspeed Scarf 110s) or 160 (minimum to outspeed Scarf Kartana) and invest the rest into HP. You can run Atk investment and Hasty Nature (better than Naive because Regieleki can switch into Torn-T and Zapdos in a pinch) if you're using Explosion. Keep in mind that you need a Speed-increasing nature to outspeed Scarf Kartana.

Is Mew more viable offensively or defensively? I'm trying to build around it, but I'm suffering from 4MSS a little bit. Spikes or Rocks? Wisp or Toxic? Knock Off, and then what else? Roost? Taunt? That's just for defensive/utility. It's dependent on the rest of the team, but I'd like to make Mew the star and try to play to its strengths as much as possible.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Is Mew more viable offensively or defensively? I'm trying to build around it, but I'm suffering from 4MSS a little bit. Spikes or Rocks? Wisp or Toxic? Knock Off, and then what else? Roost? Taunt? That's just for defensive/utility. It's dependent on the rest of the team, but I'd like to make Mew the star and try to play to its strengths as much as possible.
Offensively probably. Be it as a suicide lead or surprise booster, it functions more consistently. Utility sets are fringe and niche at best.

Thank you! What about Protective Pads? I saw a Kartana running it recently, but it feels like a strange pick to me over Band or Life Orb. Is it a real thing or a meme thing?

It's a real thing and mainly to avoid chip damage from Rocky Helmet (Clefable, Ferro, Buzzwole), Rough Skin (Garchomp), Flame Body Heatran, and especially Static Zapdos.
Whoa, so does protective pads protect from flame body burns from Heatran and static paralysis from Zapdos?

That's really cool. I've known that it protects from chip like those, but to know that it prevents status as said above is quite the gamechanger.
Specifically, it will protect from ANY negative effect that happens as a result of Contact, those above just being the most relevant in OU. I think some Melmetal sets run Pads for the same reason, especially since the main STAB is a 2 hit.

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Why did Moltres-Galar rise in latest VR update, even though its best counter in Ttar is better than ever?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)