Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I have a team of Three Attacks + TWave Melmetal, Specs Dragapult, Scarf Fini, and defensive Lando/Ferro core. Which other mon is a good option for the last slot?
(Assuming that Fini and Lando are hazard removal and Ferro as the hazard setter)
This looks to be a balance team-so I think you could use another offensive mon of some sort-maybe SD Weavile, as it has good defensive synergy with Dragapult and is just generally an excellent offensive Pokemon.

Why did Moltres-Galar rise in latest VR update, even though its best counter in Ttar is better than ever?
You can ask this in Viability thread. I think for a few days (still ongoing ATM) after a new slate, they will answer questions about that slate's changes, as far as the Council's thinking or observed trends that informed them.

Why did Moltres-Galar rise in latest VR update, even though its best counter in Ttar is better than ever?
My guess is that it's because ttar isn't on every team and with its rest dual dance set goltres pretty much threatens everything else bar unaware clefable while providing an invaluable ghost resist to check the up and rising ghost types

I have a question, can the damage calc ever be wrong?
My opponent's Dragapult used a Draco Meteor on my Dragonite and it dealt 90% even though the damage calc says that at max Dragapult could've dealt only 88%. Does anyone know what could've happened?

My opponent's Dragapult used a Draco Meteor on my Dragonite and it dealt 90% even though the damage calc says that at max Dragapult could've dealt only 88%. Does anyone know what could've happened?
it's unlikely the damage calc is wrong. More likely, you dont know the ev investment of the opposing Dragapult, Dragonite with multiscale, and investment in health/defenses can be very bulky but Dragapult can be modest Specs as well.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
it's unlikely the damage calc is wrong. More likely, you dont know the ev investment of the opposing Dragapult, Dragonite with multiscale, and investment in health/defenses can be very bulky but Dragapult can be modest Specs as well.
yeah if i had to guess its probably an unusual modest dragapult

You are right, i didnt took in account the fact that Dragonite was already damaged, so multiscale didn't activate. Thank you.

Unless, the Dragapult you talked about before was a Shadow Ball Specs Dragapult, and this one is different, using Hex instead of Shadow Ball? Is this a new team you are talking about now?

How do people get custom sprites in PS? Do you just have to be really good?

Why is Baton Pass banned everywhere? I only started playing in Gen 6 OU, so I never saw what it did. Was it that sucky to fight against?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Why is Baton Pass banned everywhere? I only started playing in Gen 6 OU, so I never saw what it did. Was it that sucky to fight against?
Being a notable member of community, prize for team tournament/certain regular tours, etc.

Because it's broken to varying degrees in the formats it's banned in, and yes.

Baton pass passes multiple things you currently have (like substitutes or stat boosts) onto another pokemon. So imagine a banded urshifu rapid with +2 attack and +2 speed right now. Yeah.

What are tours and how do you even join a team for a tournament? Is there like a guide on that or something? I just played with randoms the past few years tbh

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
What are tours and how do you even join a team for a tournament? Is there like a guide on that or something? I just played with randoms the past few years tbh
There's a lot of different types of tournaments here and on PS. You'll find some tournaments in the OU forum (like OU Room Live Tours), but most of them are hosted in the Tournament subforum. Best way to know that a new tournament is starting is to check Smogon news on Discord as they are announced there. As for the Tournament subforum, it can be a bit hard to not get lost at first, so I would advice lurking a bit there to get more familiar with how it is organised. You can also read the tournament intro to get more infos on how tournaments are run and what their rules are.

As for team tournaments in particular, most of them are done through auctions. Basically, players sign up for the tournament during the first 1-2 weeks and then the different team's captains are given an amount of virtual money to buy players for the signup pool (so you'll have to show them you are worth getting chosen).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)