Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Why are Baxcalibur and Roaring Moon as low as they are, and Tauros-Water as high as it is? I assume for the dragons it's related to chien-pao outclassing them, and tauros being a check to sacred sword or tera blast lacking pao sets. Pao is banned now, so will their rank change soon?
Their ranks will change very soon because as you stated they were being outclassed by Pao but on top of that Zama-C was handling both of them pretty well.

hey forum staff, could i create a "Personal SVOU Viability Rankings thread?
since this https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/personal-ou-viability-rankings.3714732/ is closed.
My assumption is no because the reason the thread is closed is because the meta is rapidly changing and the official viable rankings is still not out yet.

Is Iron Moth going to the High Viability category?

Its been one of the best special attacker’s introduced this generation. I see speed boosting Iron Moth still making an impact on the metagame once it settles down a bit more.

What is the best 4th moves for defensive lando-t with eq, stealth rock & u-turn?
You've got a few options that are all mostly niche compared to the aforementioned 3 moves.

There's grass knot to chip down common switch-ins like great tusk and dondozo. (probably my favourite choice)
Taunt can be used to deny opposing hazards, and stop lando from being settup fodder from ground immunes.
Protect can be used for extra leftovers recovery + choice item scouting.
And finally smack down to give lando some means of pressuring ground immune pokemon offensively.

Hope this helps

Intresing what's the exact set for articuno-g?
Probably this set

:articuno-galar: Articuno-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Fairy / Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Stored Power
- Tera Blast / Recover
- Calm Mind

Fighting Tera is for Dark, Ice and Rock
Fairy Tera is for those mostly dead but pesky ghost/dark mons
Tera Blast is for coverage and recover is for the chance to set up again

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Is Iron Moth going to the High Viability category?

Its been one of the best special attacker’s introduced this generation. I see speed boosting Iron Moth still making an impact on the metagame once it settles down a bit more.
Right now what's going on is new toy syndrome but Iron Moth will eventually I think stay high viability category because of Booster Energy / Fiery Dance and overall Poison type is nice for Toxic spikes. Remember it's very early in the meta so it's tough to tell.

Probably this set

:articuno-galar: Articuno-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Fairy / Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Stored Power
- Tera Blast / Recover
- Calm Mind

Fighting Tera is for Dark, Ice and Rock
Fairy Tera is for those mostly dead but pesky ghost/dark mons
Tera Blast is for coverage and recover is for the chance to set up again
Fighting tera hits dark, steel, ice and rock, the Dark and Steel types in particular really annoy it, and otherwise gambit completely walls it.

Its like I said in the past, Articuno-Galar was one aura sphere/focus blast away from being really good

Asking the same here: Why is G-Articuno on High on the Home viability ranking? It is because is the new "flavor of the month" Screens team Stored Power user?? or is any good outisde of cheese HO?? I mean was a PU mon last gen

Asking the same here: Why is G-Articuno on High on the Home viability ranking? It is because is the new "flavor of the month" Screens team Stored Power user?? or is any good outisde of cheese HO?? I mean was a PU mon last gen
It is certainly better than PU even without screens due to getting a massive buff for it in the form of Tera being able to change a very average defensive and offensive typing. With screens as an archetype thriving however, it's going to be even better as it's easy to slap on as a new stored power abuser with other abusers like Sneasler and Volcarona.

So I personally believe it'll be better than PU this gen, but its viability in OU remains to be seen after more bans happen and potentially screens stops being run as often.

Last edited:
It is certainly better than PU even without screens due to getting a massive buff for it in the form of Tera being able to change a very average defensive and offensive typing. With screens as an archetype thriving however, it's going to be even better as it's easy to slap on as a new stored power abuser with other abusers like Sneasler and Volcarona.

So I personally believe it'll be better than PU this gen, but its viability in OU remains to be seen after more bans happen and potentially screens stops being run as often.
Tbh given all that's been said, I think unless terra is banned it will likely be uu or ru tbh, it's just one of those mons that terra is a game changer for

Why is pincurchin in medium and not in the low tiers? I get that it provides electric terrain which is very useful for quark drive abusers like moth, Valiant etc but it still has shitmon stats and to my knowledge nothing has changed that much in the post-home metagame for it, right?

Also, is mew as high as it is for the hyper offense lead set from last gen or is it something else?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Why is pincurchin in medium and not in the low tiers? I get that it provides electric terrain which is very useful for quark drive abusers like moth, Valiant etc but it still has shitmon stats and to my knowledge nothing has changed that much in the post-home metagame for it, right?

Also, is mew as high as it is for the hyper offense lead set from last gen or is it something else?
There was an electric terrain team with gear p high up day 1, really should move down now tho

My only guess is that Terrain-for-Terrain's sake gained a bit of value with Rillaboom's terrain being a tool some teams might use, another abuser in Sneasler, plus the latter having Sleep procs as a concern to value Electric Terrain's Sleep prevention.

I don't think it would get it listed but off top of my head that's the main things I could think of that changed.

That and I guess what Finch mentioned probably makes more sense.

Maybe, psychic lead is good in Tusk infested meta as main spinner, though I like Azelf better as a lead

:Mew: can also act as dragon dance sweeper, which is my favorite set :
Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)