Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I swear it simply gets OHKO'd by most things though and even at +6 attack I'm sure it's stopped by ferrothorn.
Rather than give a long explanation or try and explain why it's broken, I'll instead direct you to the moody suspect discussion and unlike the trainwreck that is ou suspect discussions, we actually don't start pulling out random arguments that are inccredibly flawed.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-bw-ubers-suspect-round-3-dazed-and-confused.3481656/

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
I swear it simply gets OHKO'd by most things though and even at +6 attack I'm sure it's stopped by ferrothorn.
Moody is not so much overpowered as it is absolutely toxic to the metagame. Due to the random nature of the boosts and those frail mons' absolute dependence on the right boosts it is too inconsistent to ever top the ladder or anything, but nonetheless it can on occasion be so powerful that even a complete beginner can win against a highly skilled player with a very well-built team. Moody abandons skill for luck, and occasionally pays off. It contributes nothing desirable to the metagame.

Rather than give a long explanation or try and explain why it's broken, I'll instead direct you to the moody suspect discussion and unlike the trainwreck that is ou suspect discussions, we actually don't start pulling out random arguments that are inccredibly flawed.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-bw-ubers-suspect-round-3-dazed-and-confused.3481656/
So moody is banned because obviously 32 stat boost virtually uninteruptable is kinda broken. Also i guess the random nature of it breaks the game.

Literally the only problem I see is smeargle passing a couple of super lucky evasion boosts. Bibarel doesn't have a hope of sweeping at +6 attack and +6 speed and the others are probably even worse. The day mewtwo gets moody, I'll agree with its ban.

Haruno

Literally the only problem I see is smeargle passing a couple of super lucky evasion boosts. Bibarel doesn't have a hope of sweeping at +6 attack and +6 speed and the others are probably even worse. The day mewtwo gets moody, I'll agree with its ban.
Sub + protect + dive + toxic

You're welcome

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, in all likelihood every player (even the highly respected ones) that voted for the ban of Moody was merely incompetent and your inferior, and by extension the ban unfounded. Please revise all clauses and regulate the banlists for us, as we are clearly incapable of doing so ourselves, and democracy sucks.

Was that really needed? All I was saying was that bibarel can't sweep with all the boosts it wants lol

So people are saying it was banned because of how unpredictable it is. Why isn't metronome banned?

js get your facts straight, were you there during the tests? Bibarel could very easily sweep and couldn't be taken out after evasion/defense boosts. Smeargle could pass its boosts to more threatening mons and heck even Glalie did solid work. Stop using logical fallacies and illogical comparisons.

i'm not, I was just asking how it could possibly take down like a ferrothorn or giratina something (still, no one has told me). Smeargle is fair enough, so technically yes, moody should be banned through the 'no complex bans' thing anyway.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Drop the Moody Clause discussion, now. Moody was decided broken last generation, and it still is. Moody Clause and Evasion Clause are completely different. Moody may give you an instant +2 Evasion even if you just Protect, unlike Evasion Clause which requires a set-up turn which can turn to be deadly. Moody is literal hax. Moody is literally uncompetitive. Moody was, as Blue J said, Toxic (pun intended). Now drop your base stat arguments and get some real facts.

Moody is banned and will remain banned until the Ubers moderation team decides if it is worthy enough to test it again with the generation changes. Honestly? I doubt it.

Bibarel is not the only Pokemon to get Moody, you know. We had Glalie, which was by far the biggest threat as a Moody sweeper thanks to that Ice move that crits every time (meaning even if you got some Calm Minds up or something you're still destroyed), and we had Octillery, which had a fantastic movepool. Bibarel could just come after and clean or something. You have 6 Pokemon on a team. Pack a Magnezone and Ferrothorn goes down. Do not look on the Pokemon on its own. Look at its impact on the metagame.

All questions concerning unbanning a clause (remember, bringing up a "ban X" topic in Ubers is immediate infraction) from now on should be discussed in PM with a moderator.

Any more posts about Moody Clause can and will result in warnings. - Fireburn

Last edited by a moderator:

Haruno

So what are your thoughts on zekrom? Thanks to the decline of ferrothorn, zekrom no longer has to worry about its best check and instead is able to break down teams with ease with its various sets. Does this mandate a ground type on every team?

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Don't know if it mandates a Ground-type on every team but two Electric resistances should do fine. Zekrom became more of a threat this generation but still quite far from being a top threat.

ts;dr - suit yourself :toast:

How do i know in which Tier is the pokemon i'm training? for example Flareon, and how all of you decide where to give the EV's? I'm training my Flareon and it already has 252 EV in attack but i'm not sure in what else i should train....

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
Currently, the only tiers in Generation VI are OU and Ubers. Flareon's not banned from OU, so it's currently OU. However, considering that it was NU last generation (you can find out Gen V tiers by looking up Pokemon analyses on Smogon or skimming through the links here), it's not going to be as good as some of the other things running around in OU right now. When the lower tiers get constructed, Flareon will probably drop a bit before it finds a home tier.

As for EV spreads, I'm no expert, but I suppose you could always look at its Gen V analysis for ideas, though the sets are probably outdated by now.

Also, since Flareon isn't exactly a good choice in the Ubers meta, you should probably ask further questions about Flareon in the Overused forum.

I've got a simple question.

I have just catched Timid Xerneas, with this IV's:
30 HP / 24 Atk /31 SpAt/ 24 Def / 31 SpDf / 24 Spd

Are they OK?

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Is someone going to make an Ubers Viability Ranking thread? Cause the OU one is tiring and I want to see what ppl think of different mons this gen.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
another question: are we going to be removing the pokebank/official tags since pokebank is now the official meta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)