Singles Break that Core (Week 17: Hippowdon + Lucario + Dragonite) ~ VOTING (post #395)

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Throwing my vote for Vujigy this week and his cash Bulk Up SpDef Scrafty.
At first I was a bit hesitant to nom Scrafty, since I've remember getting some Moonblast Cresselia in Battle Factory. But after looking up on PGL, I realized Moonblast is almost nonexistent in BSS, so nice job!
Like ethan already mentioned, this thing threatens a lot of defensive teams, such as the Chansey + Slowbro core. Shed Skin is such a nice ability with a whopping 30% to remove status for free :3
Hydreigon is really great for dealing with this core also, although some Heatran carry HP Ice, especially annoying when not running Earth Power on Hydreigon.

EDIT: I'm so sorry, Lujigy.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was really unsure who to vote for this week. I like the look of Tyranitar as it can destroy Heatran with EQ, and can set up on Cres really easily (I nommed a Sub set way back in the old Victim of the Week thread for beating Cres), the problem is that he struggles against Heracross, he needs to be at +2 to have a shot at OHKOing bulky Mega Hera with Stone Edge... I have to admit that potential Heracross partners to this core is what's holding me back on all the nominated Pokemon here! Azumarill is pretty cool since he can basically Belly Drum on either Heatran or Cres and proceed to spam +6 moves, but +6 Aqua Jet doesn't OHKO bulky Mega Hera.. That's why I'm gonna vote for...

...6tennis's Life Orb Hydreigon! It can come in on Heatran and Cres pretty easily and go to work with Earth Power and Dark Pulse respectively. Cres can switch in on a predicted EP pretty easily but is 2HKOed by DP, and all it can do is Thunder Wave (actually pretty annoying) or Ice Beam. Heracross can't switch in as any damage it takes guarantees the OHKO from Fire Blast, and even if it tries to revenge kill, Fire Blast has a 44% chance to OHKO bulky Mega Hera anyway. So there, you have a Pokemon who can quickly deal with the core (and its most common backup) without any fancy set up or playing around!

Im voting for bobochan
I've actually been using sub cm suicune myself lately and it definitely puts in work against these two. Gets free subs against both of them and can set up for a while. I prefer a much faster spread on sub cm but his ev spread works fine for this.

voting for 6tennis.

Hydreigon's never done me any wrong as a special wallbreaker. With solid STAB's (and a boosted Draco Meteor being an absolute nuke) and fire/ground/fighting/steel as coverage options, Hydreigon is a solid choice to overwhelm this core.

I was very suspecious of nomming Hydreigon tho cause Cresselia can learn moonblast, it's very low in usage but it's still worth scouting for before you send him in as your definite answer to cresselia.

Why bobochan isn't winning baffles me. My vote is for cant say because spdef msableye with that set is fantastic. I talked bout it before in an old voting post for thundurus and gengar core iirc. Guess what, gengar and thundurus are common partners for these 2! In fact, just a few seasons ago I was soo ridiculously infuriated by Gengar-Cress! Also, Heatran plus Gengar and Tran-Cress which the core victim of this week are duos that are pretty effective! SpDef MSableye does not care for shadow tag and with stab snarl, calm mind, recover, and MAGIC BOUNCE, it can give zero craps about cress tran gengar! It can also weaken and potentially cause a disaster vs mons that decide to switch in vs sableye when sableye calm minds on the switch out! Also, Mega Sableye has respectABLE defense so after WoW, it can decimate the likes of non-Fissure Mamoswine! As a person who used cresstran for a big part of my laddering, I would hate to face SPDEF mega sableye! Mega Sableye would, even if i take it down, be the catalyst towards my defeat with its moveset, ability, and stats. Mega Sableye Volcarona is actually a nasty core!!!!! DragonWhale

Voting for cant say because this core has no reliable answers to SpD Mega Sableye once it's at +1. Like GroudonEmpire said, it does fairly against friends to this core like Gengar and Thundurus so that's a big bonus. Specs Heatran has to hope for crits or a burn if Mega Sableye's boosted already, and Cresselia can't do jack besides spamming Ice Beam and praying to the RNG gods.

Throwing my vote for Vujigy this week and his cash Bulk Up SpDef Scrafty.
At first I was a bit hesitant to nom Scrafty, since I've remember getting some Moonblast Cresselia in Battle Factory. But after looking up on PGL, I realized Moonblast is almost nonexistent in BSS, so nice job!
Like ethan already mentioned, this thing threatens a lot of defensive teams, such as the Chansey + Slowbro core. Shed Skin is such a nice ability with a whopping 30% to remove status for free :3
Hydreigon is really great for dealing with this core also, although some Heatran carry HP Ice, especially annoying when not running Earth Power on Hydreigon.
*Lujigy ahaha
Thanks. <333
Gl all, guys! :D

Ugh this is such a hard choice.

I would have went for bobobobobobobo but cant say Mega Sableye is great.

I'm only voting for it because it's my favorite Mega Pokemon. Mega Sableye is good in keeping Cresselia in check with Snarl and can easily set up against it with Calm Mind. That'll give Mega Sableye the edge later-game. Same thing goes for Heatran, as it lacks recovery. Mega Sableye can just use it as bait to set up as well. Magic Bounce very helpful in bouncing back Thunder Wave from Cresselia and Toxic from Heatran.

I'm voting bobochan because Suicune gets free sub against Heatran and Cresselia and it has a nice moveset and stats to combat this core.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Voting for Lujigy's scrafty because not only does it not care much about the damage from heatran or cresselia and also has an effective way to get rid of status and hit them back hard, but it also can become a wincon.

Last edited:
I'm voting Lujigy because Scrafty it's a threat vs this two Pokémon (if Cresselia doesn't have Moonblast but it's min usage) and Shed Skin is an useful ability. This Pokémon is also a win condition after boosts.

I vote for cant say.

There's nothing Cress or Tran can do to a specially bulky Mega Sableye other than Skill Swap+Toxic on Cress, and that's probably never gonna happen. I also really like the idea of putting 252 EVs in SpD, since that's actually getting boosted by Calm Mind, unlike defense.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cant say wins this week with his Mega Sableye nomination! That mega is definitely one of the most underrated ones in this metagame.

This week we are going to break a core that we analyzed before, but without mentioning the mega beforehand: Charizard and Hippowdon. NOVED won that week with his Thundurus nomination, but if we consider the possibility of Charizard X at team preview, is that really the best Pokemon to break this core?

Happy posting!

Landorus-I @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
252 S. ATK/ 252 SPE/ 4 ATK
Sand Force Ability

Grass Knot
Earth Power
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Hidden Power Ice/Focus Blast

Best way to tackle a sand support mon is to make him support you too.

Landorus' crucial base 101 speed allows it to outspeed Zard-X and Y out the gate and OHKO them with Rock Slide, Stone Edge or Earth Power respectively.

Though when it comes to charizard, I would pick Stone Edge over Rock Slide. Simply because if you're left to guess whether base charizard is X or Y, a sand force boosted Stone Edge can OHKO both, instead of having to choose between Rock Slide and Earth Power to get your kill.

As for the Hippo, the sand he sets up is yours to take advantage of, and he only does pitiful damage towards you while you can destroy it with Grass Knot, easy enough. He can phaze you out with whirlwind/yawn, but you'll do MASSIVE damage before he does get you off the field. so anyone else he drags out is likely gonna finish the job Lando started.

OFFENSIVE CALCS:

4 Atk Life Orb Sand Force Landorus Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X in Sand: 143-169 (92.8 - 109.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Landorus Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 211-250 (137 - 162.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

4 Atk Life Orb Landorus Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 291-348 (188.9 - 225.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Landorus Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Hippowdon: 161-190 (74.8 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

DEFENSIVE CALCS:

4 Atk Hippowdon Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 46-55 (28 - 33.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO

Charizard will do massive damage to you, but you're outspeeding, so just OHKO them.

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

I will be nominating Montsegur's ancient Mega Kanga & Friends team to tackle this core.
Lead with Talonflame 100% of the time: if you see Charizard Brave Bird will do, if you see Hippowdon try burn it Will-O-Wisp then possibly switch to Greninja.
Depending on lead match up, either Greninja or Talonflame can clean.

Some calcs

4 Atk burned Hippowdon Rock Tomb vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 68-80 (38.2 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
4 Atk burned Hippowdon Stone Edge vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 112-132 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 99-117 (64.7 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 130-153 (84.9 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 93-109 (60.7 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Expert Belt Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 82-101 (53.5 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I nominate Mega Altaria.

cloud nine (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 124 SpA / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell / Substitute
- Roost

Heal Bell is supposed to support the team by getting rid of burns and also this was paired with Rest Sleep Talk Suicune so that's why Heal Bell is here. It can be replaced with earthquake or Substitute though! ESPECIALLY SUBSTITUTE!

Yeah, this thing is Gold vs the Zards as long as you dont switch into a superpowerful attack from Zard X or you are facing off +2 Zard X. I have been severely lacking in my upload game on YouTube otherwise I'd have this particular video uploaded that showcases MAlt dominance vs Zard Hippo but alas, just take my word for it. If M-Altaria does not win this, I find it hard-pressed to win another victim of the week!

If curious how it wins, it can Roost stall ZardY until Sun is out and even hp ice variants will struggle to take it down before MAlt can take Zard Y down with Hyper Voice as long as lucky consecutive crits or Ancientpower boosts don't come in to play.

For Hippo, just don't get Yawned to sleep and have a Zard come in and demolish you and you can take care of Hippo too! Rest Sleep Talk Rocky Helmet Icy Wind Suicune shows why it is such a great partner in this context as it benefits from heal bell, can take the Yawn, can scald ZardY and Hippo, and can Lower Zard X speed with Icy Wind, as well as give ZardX rocky helmet recoil!

For Zard X, from a neutral situation both full hp unboosted, MAlt has advantage due to Resistance of stab moves and Roost on top of recoil ZardX will get by using its most likely move vs MAlt, Flare Blitz.

This ev spread is from a team I have. Don't wonder too much about it I got 1930 with it ingame so it definitely is good, regardless of how weird it looks!
Feel free to invest in Physical bulk more rather than spAtt though!

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick

- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
Latios can outspeed all Charizard-Mega-X (after or not a Dragon Dance) and hit it with Draco Meteor.
Latios can also use Trick to Hippowdon (blocking Hippowdon moves) and use Calm Mind + Draco Meteor for kill it.

cant say says: I had to delete about a thousand indents from the BB code of this post to make it readable. maybe next time just make it centred?

Last edited by a moderator:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ancient Power

If Charizard X leads:
Earthquake and Dragon Claw can't touch you. He'll likely Flare Blitz. Swords dance if he's greedy. Steel wing on rare occasion.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 132 Def Togekiss: 136-162 (70.8 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Steel Wing vs. 252 HP / 132 Def Togekiss: 108-128 (56.2 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Togekiss can tank it, but since it's a 2HKO she'd better T-wave. Air Slash after T-Wave has a good chance to buy you a turn. Dazzling Gleam will most likely finish off on the third turn. You can do two Air Slash's for a guaranteed 3HKO and more turns to heal.

124+ SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 69-82 (45 - 53.5%) -- 37.5% chance to 2HKO
124+ SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 75-88 (49 - 57.5%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO

Same deal with Char Y:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss in Sun: 145-172 (75.5 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tank a fire attack while T-waving first turn. Buy a turn or two with Air Slash.

124+ SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 54-64 (35.2 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Finish off with Ancient Power

124+ SpA Togekiss Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 116-140 (75.8 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As for Hippowdon, most can't really touch Togekiss due to only carrying EQ. Passive damage from sand is mitigated by Leftovers. Even though Hippowdon is immune to T-wave, Togekiss is naturally faster and still spam Air Slash with decent flinch chance. Even if Hippowdon yawns it's usually okay to stay in and sleep it out.

124+ SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 79-94 (36.7 - 43.7%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

124+ SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 84-100 (39 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Politoed@Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs:252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Focus Blast
-Encore/Toxic
-Ice Beam/ Psychic

The moves are pretty flexible, aside from Scald. Focus Blast, Ice Beam, and Psychic are all pretty weak from Politoed, but they provide some coverage(You'll always want Scald for Zards and Hippowdon, though.) Toxic and Encore are pretty much the only good support moves Politoed has, unfortunately, though I guess you could use Hypnosis or Endeavor.

Mega Charizard Y:
4 SpA Politoed Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Rain: 114-134 (74.5 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Charizard Solar Beam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Politoed in Rain: 68-80 (34.5 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Charizard Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Politoed: 67-79 (34 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

These calcs show Politoed can typically switch in, and will win for sure if it gets a free switch in.

Mega Charizard X:
4 SpA Politoed Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X in Rain: 73-87 (47.4 - 56.4%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 84-100 (42.6 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

Politoed is a pretty good answer to Zard X, though even physically bulky it's better vs Y. Politoed needs a free switch in, and even then it may still lose. That said, Politoed brings Rain to the field, weakeniing Zard X's strongest STAB.

Hippowdon:
4 SpA Politoed Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 110-132 (51.1 - 61.3%) -- 92.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Politoed Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 74-90 (34.4 - 41.8%) -- 65.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 54-64 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- 72.2% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage

252 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 67-79 (34 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage

The offensive calcs are for sand-Scald is always a 2HKO in on Hippowdon in Rain. Politoed can also outspeed and Encore a move like Whirlwind or Stealth Rock.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine (Pixilate)
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Roost
- Earthquake / Roost

Mega Altaria doesn't give a shit about the Zards and can set up on both of them, playing around Hippowdon can be a little tricky though. Substitute stops it from being able to Yawn you, but Roost is really good for health. I would probably go with Roost as being Yawned isn't the end of the world. 92 Spe allows you to outspeed +speed Zards (and other fellow base 100s) after one boost, the rest goes into HP for bulk. Cloud Nine allows you to take less damage from ZardY's Fire moves when you switch in on it, and stops Sandstorm damage from chipping away at you while you boost infront of Hippowdon.

ZardX:

Defensive:
  • 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 69-82 (40.3 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • +2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 138-163 (80.7 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Offensive:
  • 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 102-120 (66.6 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +1 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 153-180 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
ZardY:

Defensive:
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Overheat vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD non-mega Altaria (Cloud Nine): 62-73 (36.2 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Dragon Pulse vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD non-mega Altaria: 110-130 (64.3 - 76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ice vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD non-mega Altaria: 156-184 (91.2 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Overheat vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria in Sun: 93-110 (54.3 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ice vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 78-92 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 34% chance to 2HKO
Offensive:
  • 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 68-81 (44.4 - 52.9%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO
  • +1 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 102-120 (66.6 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 135-160 (88.2 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
Hippowdon:

Defensive:
  • 4 Atk Hippowdon Ice Fang vs. 164 HP / 0 Def non-mega Altaria: 120-144 (70.1 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 4 Atk Hippowdon Rock Tomb vs. 164 HP / 0 Def non-mega Altaria: 56-66 (32.7 - 38.5%) -- 97.4% chance to 3HKO
  • 4 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 58-70 (33.9 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
  • 4 Atk Hippowdon Ice Fang vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 52-62 (30.4 - 36.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
  • 4 Atk Hippowdon Rock Tomb vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 24-29 (14 - 16.9%) -- possible 5HKO after sandstorm damage
Offensive:
  • 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 72-85 (33.4 - 39.5%) -- 20.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +1 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 108-127 (50.2 - 59%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 144-169 (66.9 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +3 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 178-211 (82.7 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Gyarados @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Its immune to EQ from hippo, rock tomb doesnt do very much after initimidate, gyara can taunt to prevent rocks, recovery, and yawn/phazing and can hit hippo SE with waterfall. Gyara isnt 2hko'd by any of Zard Y's attacks, and ohkos with Stone Edge. Against Char X gyara can really neuter it with intimidate and thunder wave, and racks up nice damage with rocky helmet.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting time! Make sure to state your votes in bold

teamjohto : Rock Coverage Landorus-I
bobochan : LO Talonflame + Expert Belt Greninja
GroudonEmpire : SubRoost Special Mega Altaria
Lujigy : Trick Scarf Latios
surgical_tubing : Twave Togekiss
Omastar68 : Damp Rock Politoed
cant say : Dragon Dance Altaria
NOVED : Bulky Stone Edge Gyarados

My vote goes to GroudonEmpire. The relatively bulky altaria can take care of both zard forms and Hippo doesn't really appreciate getting hit by that hyper voice. I guess playing around yawn is a bit annoying, but it's still the best option imo.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
oh shit GE also nommed Altaria? good thing I at least went physical to be different...

I'm gonna vote for surgical_tubing coz I wanted to nom Togekiss originally. Paraflinching the Zards is really easy, and just straight flinching the Hippo is doable since it's a 3HKO so you just need the two flinches. All Hippo can do in return is Yawn you which admittedly is annoying (however none of the noms avoid that) but you can juts switch out and try flinching again when you come back in...

I would probably switch Ancient Power for Roost though, not really sure what it hits and you need the health (esp if you fall into a Whirlwind cycle against Hippo with rocks up).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)