Skateboarding

I just recently got into Skateboaring. Skating was something I always thought looked fun, and I did it as a little kid but never took it any further. I decided to give it a try because its spring break and I wasn't going on vacation so I wanted to start a new hobby. I am also going to college next year and it could be a great way to get to class. I have been skating for the past 5 days and had a great time practicing new tricks.

I am starting this thread to see who else skates. If you do skate, how long have you been skating? Do you use it as a form of transportation? Do you do tricks? If so, how advanced are you? How long did it take you to be competent?

Over the course of the 5 days I have been skating, I finally figured out how to Ollie, but that is about it.

This is my progress after 2 months(Sorry the 2nd clip is so blurry).

I have had a lot of fun practicing. Skateboarding is a cool way to get some exercise. I plan to learn some cool flip tricks next and hopefully learn to grind rails in the future.

This is my progress after 2 months(Sorry the 2nd clip is so blurry).

I have had a lot of fun practicing. Skateboarding is a cool way to get some exercise. I plan to learn some cool flip tricks next and hopefully learn to grind rails in the future.
Damn, that second clip reminds me of myself skateboarding and filming it (this was 2001).

I've been skating ever since I saw Rocket Power on television. They inspired me at the age of 6-7. I'm now almost 24 and I'm still skateboarding. Not as much as I used to though. Simply because lack of time and dedication. When I was 16-17 I was definitely at my peak. I'm still able to pull of a good kick/heelflip every now and then. But the days of hardflips and tre flips are over for me.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I used to skate hard back in Highschool, haven't really touched a board since Collage. Recently, my partner got me a new board for our anniversary and I love it. I've been dying to take it out but it's been rainy/too hot =[

I used to skate hard back in Highschool, haven't really touched a board since Collage. Recently, my partner got me a new board for our anniversary and I love it. I've been dying to take it out but it's been rainy/too hot =[
Do you perhaps live in The Netherlands? It's also been really hot/rainy here lately. I also want to skate badly!

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater? I used to be the shit at that game, with all them ollies, long ass grinds spanning miles, big air grabs, 1080s, etc...

Oh wait you mean real skateboarding...well I had one growing up as a kid until my younger brother broke it. Never did get one again after that, though I guess like most kids growing up back then I did like the whole skater culture stuff and watching it even if I sucked at it irl.

Since Middle School was my only way to get around all the way through high school until I got a car. The most I used to do was a kick flip mainly used it for transportation. Most of my friends were skaters so that's how I mainly got into it.

Last edited:

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Started skating about 10 years ago, never got that super technical but I was good at most of the basic tricks and could pop pretty high. Had no one in my age that skated so I skated with people 2-3 years younger than me, stopped skating pretty much the 2nd year of high school or so. Nowadays I mostly just ride longboards, I feel like you get better at actually riding a longboard if you've skated before since you've learned how to kick on boards with more friction.

But yeah you're progressing well Christo, gl in the future!

Almost forgot about this thread D: I have improved a bit since my last update!
Tricks I had down since my last update(Heelflip Vid July 23rd):
Pretty high moving Ollies(Could go up curbs pretty well/could ollie down a 3 stair).
Pop Shove it
Heelflip

Tricks I did in this update:
Frontside 180
Frontside Shove it
Kickflip
Half Cab 180

Really stoked to finally have my kickflips down! That is pretty much the most well known and coveted trick to learn on a skateboard so it is really cool to finally be able to do it. The only other basic trick I need to get down is the Backside 180. I find it really uncomfortable to try to do but I'm sure I'll get it soon with a bit of practice.

My next goal is to learn how to Boardslide a rail and 50-50 a ledge.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.

Almost forgot about this thread D: I have improved a bit since my last update!
Tricks I had down since my last update(Heelflip Vid July 23rd):
Pretty high moving Ollies(Could go up curbs pretty well/could ollie down a 3 stair).
Pop Shove it
Heelflip

Tricks I did in this update:
Frontside 180
Frontside Shove it
Kickflip
Half Cab 180

Really stoked to finally have my kickflips down! That is pretty much the most well known and coveted trick to learn on a skateboard so it is really cool to finally be able to do it. The only other basic trick I need to get down is the Backside 180. I find it really uncomfortable to try to do but I'm sure I'll get it soon with a bit of practice.

My next goal is to learn how to Boardslide a rail and 50-50 a ledge.

This is all actually pretty good for 7 months. I didn't start shredding the gnar until a year after I started. Tricks weren't ever really my thing, but everyone's gotta at least know the basics and a handful of non-basics for when girls / cool kids are watching.

Nice man. Been skating nearly 17 years and I can do every trick but full with the board 360 kickflips and shit. Switch or regular (but p haggard switch for 180 shit gimme a few trys).

Really satisfying to do first try Nollie 360s tho after all these years but I haven't done "high" drops in like 10 years haha.

Worth sticking through it even if the daredevil phase wears off fun af hobby

Get into your grinds (krooks 5-0s etc never smithed b4 but eh

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)