Sketchmons XY [Now Playable]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I plan to suspect mega gardevoir soon

Mega Gardevoir is one of the most dangerous sweeprs in the tier bringing a DANGEROUS boomburst, that's all for now. Discuss

V-Create, Superpower and Night Slash are terrific moves on Malamar, granting it almost impeccable coverage.

Just be sure to set up Substitute before a Prankster comes in.

Malamar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Substitute

And of course, Simple Bibarel, with a little luck, becomes the death of everything.

Bibarel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Acupressure
- Whirlpool
- Rest

Last edited:

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And I thought you were kidding when you said you would take away my servers' niches...
No harm done though, thanks for the implementation
I never said I'd take away your niches, just that I'm trying to get as many metas implemented in one place as I can so it's easier to find a game

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Return
- Earthquake

+2 Aerilate Extremespeed, gg meta. Stronger than Extremekiller, outprioritises and obliterates Talonflame. Usual checks and counters otherwise (Electric/Flying or Levitate mons like Thundurus or Rotom, Skarm). But otherwise this owns: get rid of those counters, do a little damage and then late-game sweep like nothing else. 'Late-game' in this case probably means 'mid-point'.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Return
- Earthquake

+2 Aerilate Extremespeed, gg meta. Stronger than Extremekiller, outprioritises and obliterates Talonflame. Usual checks and counters otherwise (Electric/Flying or Levitate mons like Thundurus or Rotom, Skarm). But otherwise this owns: get rid of those counters, do a little damage and then late-game sweep like nothing else. 'Late-game' in this case probably means 'mid-point'.
Why not run Stone Edge, Knock Off or X-Scissor instead of Return? That'll teach a couple of those counters.

This meta looks awesome! (I will suggest a spore ban because it will be so common but whatever). Things I would like to try:
Rhyperior with Lefties
Solid Rock 252AT ?spe ?hp
Shift Gear
EQ
Stone Edge
Aqua Tail/Ice punch

Medicham with Medichamite
Pure power 252At 252Spe
Mach Punch/Bullet punch
Knock off/shadow force/Ice punch
Zen Headbutt
HiJumpKick
These two physical attackers look pretty great! Rhyperior now gets great setup, megacham a way to hit ghosts and bulky psychics (or STAB priority). Couldn't decide on Cham. Thoughts about these two?

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I haven't tested this idea yet, but here's something you all could have fun with. I'll paste the important part of team and then explain it.

Dugtrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Trick

Gothorita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Trick

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
-Recover
-Safeguard
-Counter
-Mirror Coat

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
-Substitute
-Acupressure
-Psyshock
-HP Fighting / HP Fire / Thunderbolt / Energy Ball / Shadow Ball

1. Trick a Scarf onto something that's not a Ghost-type that you know will use a non-attacking move.
2. Once they're locked in to the non-attacking move, switch to Gothitelle. Everything has a trapping ability, so this should work unless you try to trap a Ghost-type or a Flying-type/Levitator with Arena Trap.
2.5. If you lock them into a move like Toxic or Will-O-Wisp, switch to Wobbuffet, use Safeguard, then switch to Gothitelle and use Substitute before the Safeguard runs out.
3. Use Substitute, and then spam Acupressure until you have at least: +6 Defense, +6 Special Attack, +6 Special Defense, +6 Speed, and +6 Evasion. You obviously can and probably will get more boosts than that, but that's all you need.
4. Win.

The team is not optimized, but you get the idea. You should have multiple trappers/Trick Scarfers to give yourself a better chance at locking something into a non-attacking move. It's important to be faster than them so you can lock them in on the turn they use a non-attacking move, which is why Dugtrio is necessary, and Gothorita is for Pokemon that Dugtrio can't trap. Familiarity with the meta is important so you know which Pokes tend to immediately do things like set up, use hazards, or whatever. These are the things you need to Trick. If you can Trick those Prankster Topsy-Turvy or Heart Swap Pokes that would be optimal so they can't screw you over later, and if you're careful you can still set up all over them even if Gothitelle has trapped them and they're locked into one of those moves. If not/additionally, you could try to use the last two Pokemon in your team to eliminate those Topsy-Turvy Pokemon before you start trying to set up.

If you happen to mispredict and you Trick something that ends up using an attacking move, once your Trick Scarfer dies, you can go into Wobbuffet and beat it. The last two Pokemon could be fairly standard Pokemon. You kind of want to shuffle things around so you can potentially Trick other things later to give yourself more opportunities to lock your opponent into a non-attacking move, and so these last two need to be able to take hits and stuff. If you want, you can dedicate one or both of the remaining two teamslots to more Trick-Scarf trappers like Diglett and Gothita.

Obviously, this team is built around Gothitelle setting up to impossible levels and sweeping. Gothitelle is the Pokemon of choice because it's the bulkiest Pokemon with a trapping ability that has offensive capabilities. At +6 Evasion they won't hit you most of the time, and with 252 HP EVs and +6 in both defenses, they probably won't be able to break your Sub most of the time in one hit if they do happen to land an attack (taking out a sub at +6 defenses is equivalent to OHKOing a Gothitelle with no defense boosts if that helps you visualize it). Leftovers is so you can Sub down again if they happen to break it, and you don't need Speed because you'll outspeed everything at +6. Psyshock is for special walls, which is fine since your fourth attack will be special. Last move is coverage. If you have HP Fighting, you're walled by Sableye/Spiritomb. HP Fire loses to Houndoom and Thunderbolt loses to Krookodile. Nothing is immune to both Psychic and Grass or Psychic and Ghost, so if you're really paranoid you can use Energy Ball or Shadow Ball, but you'll have a harder time taking out Steel-types or Dark-types, respectively.

This is by no means unbeatable and it actually has several common holes that prevent it from being really that good. You pretty much automatically lose if you can't lock something into a non-attacking move. You wouldn't use this team because it's good; you'd use it because it's satisfying to see a Gothitelle behind a sub and at +6 in everything sweeping.

Last edited:
Light of Ruin is a viable coverage move on Magic Guard users.

Praise Lord Helix.
Is Light of Ruin a new move? What does it do?
And also, why not Forretress, because of his better bulk and option of rapid spin to complete his hazardful domination? :P

Ice Shard CB KyuB anyone?
Oh and also (I know this will sound dumb :/) but how do you out one of those show/hide boxes on here?

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Yeah, infact, Clefable can use LoR on it's offensive magic guard sets for awesome power once gardevoirite gets banned from the tier, but for now it's just a gimmick that's outclassed by garde megas boomburst.
Light of Ruin is a fairy type head smash....comes on the special Floette-E that's being released. It's a special move I believe.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
You guys should try:

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Blue Flare
- Flash Cannon

Its good for removing those pesky AV steels that try to wall Gardevoir's Boomburst, but has trouble switching in (especially on drill run Escavalier). Also it can check Mega Pinsir who's Extreme Speed can be a problem for Mega Gardevoir. (+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magneton: 101-119 (33.2 - 39.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO). It does have some trouble getting in on Pinsir too though since Pinsir always has earthquake. (unless your running Thousand Arrows or Waves) Also if you don't understand why I don't just run Magnezone its because Magneton has 10 more base speed than Magnezone.

Speaking of Thousand Waves and Arrows who do you guys think can abuse it now that its coded into showdown?

Last edited:
behold! one of the scariest things to walk the earth!
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Leech Seed
- Infestation
- Power Split/toxic
- Protect
NEXT players will remember this horror

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
behold! one of the scariest things to walk the earth!
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Leech Seed
- Infestation
- Power Split/toxic
- Protect
NEXT players will remember this horror
The 0 SAtk isn't needed, because there is no special equivalent of Foul Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)