Metagame Sketchmons

I apologize if I may seem to be too banhappy right now but I now announce that Lovely Kiss is now banned from sketching. This thing is literally no different than Gen 6 Dark Void. It's a Sleep move with a pretty high Accuracy, except it has no immunity and can't be blocked by Safety goggles. Not even Ghost types are immune to this. Because of this, it's as problematic as Spore and if Spore gone, this must go as well.

Tagging The Immortal

Regarding Belly Drum + Shift Gear, I actually intend to do suspect of them, but looks like I have to wait after Mnm and BH finished first. Both of them are actually problematic. For other Sleep moves, I think they can wait.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
So we did a spontaneous CCAT in the Other Metas room, and came up with a fun little core.

Celesteela @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shore Up
- Searing Shot
- Taunt
- U-turn

Offensive Celesteela is something that has been rather overshadowed by its defensive counterpart in most oms thanks to its great defensive typing, but it has offensive stats on par with its defensive ones, and the bulk to make setting up pretty easy. Heavy Slam is your main STAB, EQ hits steels and fires, and Stone Edge hits more fire types and a bunch of dual typed / levitate mons. Victini is there to wall Tapu Lele and provide the first part of your defensive core. It also walls Pheromosa without a boosting item providing it doesn't sketch ground coverage.

Celesteela @ Weakness Policy / Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize / Quiver Dance
- Oblivion Wing / Air Slash
- Flash Cannon / Heavy Slam
- Fire Blast

This is takes a special approach to the above set. EVs are for the autotomize set.

You can also run 252 speed evs to outspeed Pheromosa at +2.

How would you finish this team? What pairs well with this core?

Last edited:
So we did a spontaneous CCAT in the Other Metas room, and came up with a fun little core.

Celesteela @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shore Up
- Searing Shot
- Taunt
- U-turn

Offensive Celesteela is something that has been rather overshadowed by its defensive counterpart in most oms thanks to its great defensive typing, but it has offensive stats on par with its defensive ones, and the bulk to make setting up pretty easy. Heavy Slam is your main STAB, EQ hits steels and fires, and Stone Edge hits more fire types and a bunch of dual typed / levitate mons. Victini is there to wall Tapu Lele and provide the first part of your defensive core. It also walls Pheromosa without a boosting item providing it doesn't sketch ground coverage.

Celesteela @ Weakness Policy / Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize / Quiver Dance
- Oblivion Wing / Air Slash
- Flash Cannon / Heavy Slam
- Fire Blast

This is takes a special approach to the above set. EVs are for the autotomize set.

You can also run 252 speed evs to outspeed Pheromosa at +2.

How would you finish this team? What pairs well with this core?
A Tankchomp or Lando-T pairs nicely as it covers Electric and Rock, something offensive Celesteela + Victini cant handle (Stuff like Band TTar and physical Koko blow the core apart). It also switches into Marowak which, again, would tear the duo like paper. They also provide Rocks and, in the latter's case, can Defog to enable Victini to switch in unhindered by hazards. Rocky Helmet (and Rough Skin, in chomp's case) also helps soften up Celesteela checks like Buzzwole (for physical Celesteela), Jirachi, etc.

so, I've been using the oppurtunity of one sketched move to take advantage of one game mechanic. Burn up + Protean.
here is the greninja i've been using
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Burn Up
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

not the typical mixed greninja set, just an average try to hit good with special attacks kind of mon. could use surf or hydro pump over scald. but burn up hits mons like celesteela quiet nicely, and having a no draw back base 130 special attack stab is nothing to complain about either, especcially with 100% accuracy. and protein gets rid of the only draw back of burn up, getting rid of fire typing. if you wanted, you could use silvally-fire in the same way i've tested the mechanic.

and also, after hearing how RUDE sleep has been in the meta, i decided to bring it back with a golett set i whipped up. it's not the most amazing thing in the world, but it's fun to use.

Golett @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sing
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Night Shade

no gaurd and sing. super gimmicky. no gaurd allows sing to always hit, and sing bypasses substitutes because it's sound based. get up some stealth rocks, boom. i can see this gimmick working with, say, machamp. sing, bulk up, bullet punch, and something. i believe it could work well. what do you guys think?

By extansion to the sleep clause i think you should suspect sketching a trapping move when you use Spore. Might also seem a complex ban i know, but it's exactly the same as what you banned before, just went a bit further.

What do you think Nerdy?

I'm late on this, but cpt sawsbuck, that Greninja set doesn't actually work as you intended, according to the Battle Mechanics thread.

"Burn Up will fail if used by a non-fire-type or if used by a Pokemon with Protean that is not Fire-type before the move is used (the move checks for the type before Protean triggers to change the user's type)."

If it is working right away, that's an issue with Showdown.

Not sure if it would work if you used Burn Up twice to turn into a Fire-type and then attack, but I'm guessing not, and anyway in that case you should just use something else.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
For last few days, I have been using this following core to break the common stall on the ladder these days and balance pretty well, though obviously it can be optimised even more, sadly I don't have a replay right now but I'll try to get one soon,
It uses shaymin(This has nothing to do with my avatar) + magnezone,
+

Core ::
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Water Shuriken

Description ::
Let's be honest, shaymin is pretty cute.
Anyways, shaymin here basically works as a fusion between celebi in UU last gen + manaphy in OU. Tail Glow is the sketched move here, as it allows shaymin to be immediately threatening behind a sub, and slowly whittle away opposing team using leech seed + sub + gga drain. EVs allow it to have 101 HP EVs, while outspeeding xurktree and KOing at +3. The reason for using shaymin over let's say mew or manaphy or even xurktree is that it does well against trappers(except weavile, but it doesn't take much from pursuit), access to leech seed and pseudo immunity due to sub and natural cure against status(unlike manaphy) and not having any immunities for grass moves except sap sipper goodra(which is actually easy to deal with with a dugtrio of your own). If you want you can always use earth power over giga drain to fuck up heatran, though you can still do that by sub-seeding it.

Magnezone does the standard magnezone thing eliminating skarm, celesteela, ferro for celebi, without getting trapped by dugtrio courtesy water shuriken, which allows it to lure and nab duggy(Though life orb is required to achieve the KO, and I don't want to lock myself in a move as that defeats the purpose). Allowing it to switch into hits independently many times on celesteela or skarm, with some team support.

Main things which this core would like is something that annoys offense like scarf pheromosa and shift gear/v-create meta-gross, and a good cleric also duggy of your own should be good to trap opposing heatrans.

I am all ears to any improvements to this core though, remember it doesn't sweep teams since it has common weaknesses, it rather whittles down it's common checks and breaks opposing defensive cores allowing your mons to clean up.

For last few days, I have been using this following core to break the common stall on the ladder these days and balance pretty well, though obviously it can be optimised even more, sadly I don't have a replay right now but I'll try to get one soon,
It uses shaymin(This has nothing to do with my avatar) + magnezone,
+

Core ::
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Water Shuriken

Description ::
Let's be honest, shaymin is pretty cute.
Anyways, shaymin here basically works as a fusion between celebi in UU last gen + manaphy in OU. Tail Glow is the sketched move here, as it allows shaymin to be immediately threatening behind a sub, and slowly whittle away opposing team using leech seed + sub + gga drain. EVs allow it to have 101 HP EVs, while outspeeding xurktree and KOing at +3. The reason for using shaymin over let's say mew or manaphy or even xurktree is that it does well against trappers(except weavile, but it doesn't take much from pursuit), access to leech seed and pseudo immunity due to sub and natural cure against status(unlike manaphy) and not having any immunities for grass moves except sap sipper goodra(which is actually easy to deal with with a dugtrio of your own). If you want you can always use earth power over giga drain to fuck up heatran, though you can still do that by sub-seeding it.

Magnezone does the standard magnezone thing eliminating skarm, celesteela, ferro for celebi, without getting trapped by dugtrio courtesy water shuriken, which allows it to lure and nab duggy(Though life orb is required to achieve the KO, and I don't want to lock myself in a move as that defeats the purpose). Allowing it to switch into hits independently many times on celesteela or skarm, with some team support.

Main things which this core would like is something that annoys offense like scarf pheromosa and shift gear/v-create meta-gross, and a good cleric also duggy of your own should be good to trap opposing heatrans.

I am all ears to any improvements to this core though, remember it doesn't sweep teams since it has common weaknesses, it rather whittles down it's common checks and breaks opposing defensive cores allowing your mons to clean up.
Is there any real reason to use Celebi over Serperior other than bulk? I'm pretty sure there's a better EV spread, but since your power and speed benchmarks seem important,
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 148 HP / 240 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat / Leaf Storm / Draco Meteor / Psycho Boost / Fluer Cannon
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
Hits them while having an all around better boosting move; yes, slightly less damage, but you can boost without needing to sub and avoid at least 1 wall.

Hehe, here is an AMAZING set I came up with yesterday, one of the trolliest yet viable sets I've made in this meta:

Bastiodon @ Air Balloon / Focus Sash
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Block
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Stone Edge / Earthquake

Sketching Perish Song, which with Soundproof makes you immune to, and with block it prevents you from switching. Protect provides a free turn to survive with perish out and with the Bulk of this mon its extremely easy to survive at least 2-3 mons out.

Ok so that this thread isn't really dead, I'll post something. I said this before but I'm planning to suspect Belly Drum, Shift Gear and possibly the +1 in all stats Z-moves (with Belly Drum and the +1 all stats Z-moves being prioritised). I see that people saying Kyurem-Black with Z-Conversion is pretty ridiculous (and I agree actually). But idk if the +1 Z-moves will break just Kyurem-Black or many other mons but as I said before, I planned to prioritise banning moves over mons (because it's already OU's job of banning mons), so if anything, the move is gonna be suspected before Kyurem-Black. But this doesn't mean that I won't ban Kyurem-Black if it's the only broken mon with the Z-moves.

Also for idk reason, if I want to do a suspect, there is this new rule that requires you to wait for the other suspect to finish (in this case, BH and AAA since iirc there will be AAA coming after BH). So yeah, be patient.

Last edited:
Some simple sets, which works like standard mons, but better:

Porygon-Z
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Boomburst
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

Pretty simple: click Boomburst and watch everything taking funny amounts of damage from it. Shadow Ball is for ghosts, Trick for defensive mons like Chansey/Blissey. HP Fighting is just there.

You can use it with Conversion (i believe it will be allowed because it can learn Conversion naturally unlike everything else) but it absolutely needs screens since it doesn't change typing if you want to continue abusing Boomburst.

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
Evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Quiver Dance
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

It ust trades CM for Quiver Dance as it boosts speed too, meaning Stored Power is 20 BP stronger after each QD boost in comparsion to CM and that now Necrozma doesn't have to worry about speed that much. Stay away from dark mons though.
An alternative is trading Iron Defense for something to hit dark mons. In this case, go for max defense.

Staraptor @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Brave Bird
-Double-Edge
-High Jump Kick
-U-Turn

King of recoil. Trades Close Combat for High Jump Kick which also gets boosted by Reckless. That can make the difference. Also apllies to Emboar (wich gets STAB on High Jump Kick).

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Evs: 4 hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Naure
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Bolt Strike

Standard DD Feral, with Bolt Strike to hit targets with obscene damage (it actually outdamages it's STAB Waterfall).

Alomomola @ Leftovers/ Darkium Z
Ability: Regenerator
Evs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
-Parting Shot

Great supporter. Regenerator + Wish + Parting Shot really helps Alomomola at supporting teammates.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
I guess I kind of just figured Celebrate, Sketch, Happy Hour, and whatever moves that have the same z-effect (+1 to all stats) were already banned... but I guess they aren't now that I just got swept by a Z-Sketch Swoobat. I don't see any reason for these to be allowed, and frankly I'm really surprised they haven't been banned and that there hasn't been more complaints about them; they're pretty ridiculous and obviously broken and should just be quickbanned imo

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
The strat ain't broken smh: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-511251667

Nah but in all seriousness tho, Z +1 Moves are pretty borked in Sketchmons. This is mainly due to how unpredictable they are and how much they raise the threat level of the mon in just one turn. I mean you can argue that stuff like Shift Gear and Quiver Dance do the same thing, but when you look at it these Z-moves (mainly Sketch) just become too much of a "click to win" type of scenario to be allowed in this metagame. We can look at other setup moves down the line, but for now these z moves should go first (or at least Sketch).

I'll post a set so that this thread isn't dead, let's talk about Pheromosa, which I've used so far.

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Prism Armor
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- V-Create
- U-turn / Poison Jab
- Ice Beam

What? Why V-create? Reasoning:
1. Fire + Fighting is a great coverage, almost hitting everything neutral.
2. V-Create's power is equal to STAB Close Combat if exist. It's a really powerful move
3. The Real Reason. Beast Boost to Speed basically makes the main drawback of V-Create negated after you KO something, making it still functional after being used.

Also V-Create 2HKOs 252 / 0 Def Marowak-Alola if there is Stealth Rock.

252 Atk Life Orb Pheromosa V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 122-144 (37.6 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Also I think U-turn here isn't essential because Sketchmons Pheromosa has 4MSS. A set of HJK / V-Create / Ice Beam / Poison Jab is able to 2HKO everything except Toxapex and Marowak-Alola if there is no Stealth Rock, while if you carry U-turn over Poison Jab, you'd miss out on Azumarill and Tapu Fini in exchange for momentum.

But I think despite the threats it didn't cover, V-Create is one of Pheromosa's best sketch option because it essentially gives you a move with power equal to STAB Flare Blitz and can have no drawback due to Beast Boost.

Also, I made a list of best coverage moves for Pheromosa to Sketch and the threats it doesn't cover:
  • Bolt Strike: A set of HJK / Bolt Strike / Ice Beam / HP Ground should give you a boltbeam coverage that makes you 2HKO everything after Stealth Rock except Cresselia, Shedinja, Mega Venusaur, Mega Sableye (HP Ground is there for Alolan-Marowak and Doublade btw, so you miss out on those two if you decided to carry U-turn.
  • V-Create: A set of HJK / V-Create / Poison Jab / Ice Beam 2HKOs everything except Toxapex, Gyarados, Mantine, Marowak-Alola (which got 2HKO'd if there's Stealth Rock) and Mega Slowbro.
  • Precipice Blades: A set of HJK / Earthquake / Poison Jab / Ice Beam 2HKOs everything except Gyarados, Mantine, Shedinja, Mega Venusaur, Mega Sableye, Mega Slowbro and Cresselia.
So which is the best move? Well, since these three cover different threats, well, I don't know. Each of them have their uses. Also, let me know if I miss anything.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Another thing you can sketch is Dragon Ascent - Flying/Fighting only misses out on Electric/Flying (Zap), Steel/Ghost (Doublade) and Electric/Ghost (Rotom), which are beaten by Ice Beam or Pursuit.

Shadow Bone is another obvious option for Ghost/Fighting but I don't recommend that, it's better when Ghost is the primary STAB.

Last edited:
I mean, this could be good for Mimikyu:

Mimikyu @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

It's a pretty average set, but it makes it easier to outspeed. Mimikyu is fast, but not quite fast enough to outspeed many mons from earlier gens, meaning it has to lessen damage by using Shadow Sneak rather than Shadow Claw. A higher speed could give the capability to increase damage as well.

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross-Mega: 268-320 (89 - 106.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

This set has a chance of OKing a Mega Metagross, which is a ridiculously bulky mon. If you run the sash, then it happens like this:

+1 252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross-Mega: 206-246 (68.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This second set can kill a Mega Metagross almost without fail, as it will try to break your Disguise, then you have the Shift Gear boost and you outspeed and take it most of the way down, then finish it off when it hits your sash.

I'm not saying its the best, because Bullet Punch and Sunsteel Strike (which I think will be popular) can destroy it. Of course, I'm very new to competitive Pokemon so this entire post is probably trash, but I'm trying to learn and this set seems good. Please tell me all of the faults.

K. I'll now announce a suspect.

Shift Gear and +1 in all stats Z-moves are now suspected.

Shift Gear has been a primary setup moves for a lot of mons. It increases by +1 Attack and +2 Speed. Because of this, it makes many physical sweepers become nearly unrevengable due to +2 Speed and able to sweep with the increased Attack. You might argue, "Dragon Dance is the same." Thing is, the unrevengable part of it is what makes it different and suspect worthy.

As for +1 in all stats Z-moves, while it can only be used once, it increases all stats by +1, making it essentially a Dragon Dance or a Quiver Dance while increases bulk in both sides, also making it harder to revenge. Also while most of those moves are pretty much useless, there are useful moves such as Sketch and Conversion, which changes your typing into the same as your first move, making you essentially get a STAB

Tagging The Immortal to implement a suspect ladder (no, I'm NOT asking to ban those moves during suspect btw).

To vote, you require 2700 COIL, then you must screenshot your reqs. Here is the guide table. Left is GXE and right is the number of battles needed. Minus means it's impossible to get reqs with that GXE.

Vote like this:

Shift Gear: Ban/Do not ban (Bolded, choose one)
+1 Z-moves: Ban/Do not ban

Those moves will be banned if each of those moves have a 60% pro ban votes. They will not be banned any lower than 60%.

Edit: Also I decided to do Shift gear before Belly Drum because I've seen more proof of Shift Gear than Belly Drum. Sorry for being inconsistent. Suspect will last for 2 weeks, so it'll end on January 27th, 2017.

Last edited:
So I am relatively new to the meta (only really started yesterday:p) but i made a team yesterday that highlights the need for SG and +1 Z-Moves to go tbh. Ive already spoken to many people about the brokeness of Mega Metagross (its really really broken) with shift gear, but I would also like to highlight another huge threat: Z-Celebrate Latios. I know that swoobat is just better with Z-sketch in terms of getting more boosts, but latios is acc insane once prio is taken out.

OP AF Mega Metagross set:
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 40 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Shift Gear
Cool Latios Set thats also kinda op:
Latios @ Normalium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Celebrate

In terms of the suspect test, well I personally think both need to go, but especially SG, its really ridiculous on mega meta and makes the whole meta unbalanced.

Also on a different note, ive tried out a lot of leads, and by far and away aerodactyl is the best. It outspeeds literally everything except pher, and between taunt and sr, u normally end up with stealth rocks up, while ur opp's lead is kinda crippled.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Rock head also means that giving it Head Smash becomes viable, and also quite frankly destructive. However, while EQ is there for coverage, it can be swapped out for tailwind to better suit different teams (creds to sin(pi) for that set)

*cant be bothered to scroll through the entire thread, so if this has already been brought up, apologies*

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I made my own VR. Feel free to sh*t on it as much as you want under one condition. 1. Explain why you are saying the things you are saying ( like x mon should be y rank not z rank and reason why). I only did till B-. Let's get some discussion going!
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are at the top of the Sketchmons metagame

S Rank

Kyurem-Black

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Sketchmons metagame.

A+ Rank

Aerodactyl-Mega
Ash Greninja
Celesteela
Garchomp
Greninja
Keldeo
Metagross-Mega
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele

A Rank

Chansey
Dugtrio
Hoopa-U
Magnezone
Manaphy
Marowak-A
Mimikyu
Pheromosa
Pinsir-Mega
Porygon-Z
Serperior
Thundurus
Zygarde

A- Rank
Aerodactyl
Buzzwole
Ferrothorn
Heatran
Jirachi
Kartana
Landorus-T
Scizor-Mega
Snorlax
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Sketchmons metagame.

B+ Rank

Clefable
Excadrill
Glalie-Mega
Golem-A
Gyarados-Mega
Mantine
Nihilego
Rotom-W
Sableye-Mega

B Rank

Cloyster
Gyarados
Sableye
Scizor
Swoobat
Toxapex
Quagsire
Xurkitree

B- Rank
Araquanid
Comfey
Dragonite
Sylveon

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I made my own VR. Feel free to shit on it as much as you want under one condition. 1. Explain why you are saying the things you are saying ( like x mon should be y rank not z rank and reason why). I only did till B-. Let's get some discussion going!
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are at the top of the Sketchmons metagame

S Rank

Kyurem-Black

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Sketchmons metagame.

A+ Rank

Aerodactyl-Mega
Ash Greninja
Celesteela
Garchomp
Greninja
Keldeo
Metagross-Mega
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele

A Rank

Chansey
Dugtrio
Hoopa-U
Magnezone
Manaphy
Marowak-A
Mimikyu
Pheromosa
Pinsir-Mega
Porygon-Z
Serperior
Thundurus
Zygarde

A- Rank
Aerodactyl
Buzzwole
Ferrothorn
Heatran
Jirachi
Kartana
Landorus-T
Scizor-Mega
Snorlax
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Sketchmons metagame.

B+ Rank

Clefable
Excadrill
Glalie-Mega
Golem-A
Gyarados-Mega
Mantine
Nihilego
Rotom-W
Sableye-Mega

B Rank

Cloyster
Gyarados
Sableye
Scizor
Swoobat
Toxapex
Quagsire
Xurkitree

B- Rank
Araquanid
Comfey
Dragonite
Sylveon
I like how Porygon-Z is flapping its little... arms? while everything else is still.

Seems kind of weird to have a viability ranking this early on such a dead ladder.

Last edited:
Well, despite the ladder being deader than any other suspect ladder I have ever been a part of, reqs have been achieved:
reqs.png

I am going to kick the suspect test off with its first BAN for both +1 all stat Z-moves, as well as SG. As ive said before, its making the meta way too unbalanced, as stuff like SG mmeta is unbelievably hard to ct.

lando-i with tail glow sounds really painful to deal with...
on the topic of +1 z moves and shift gear, i feel like they can easily become overwhelming if you aren't prepared for them, but I feel like I'd need to try playing with and against them more to have a better idea of how they can affect the meta

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)