Metagame Sketchmons

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
:SV/Decidueye-Hisui:
Triple Arrows is restricted from Sketchmons

Oh would you look at that.. another ban from us. This is fairly self-explanatory. This move isn't used for anything except cheese with Serene Grace on either Jirachi or Meloetta. Not every team is going to have a Ghost type on it, nor will every team have a way to cycle back and forth to handle the Triple Arrows spam. Its ability to steal games through sheer luck and nothing else alone makes it problematic, but the fact that it's only used for the purpose of cheesing your opponents and nothing else means that this move doesn't have any competive value nor place in this meta. As such we've voted to ban it.

Kris errr hi it's us (again)

Rillaboom (M) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 176 HP / 76 Atk / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Recover
- High Horsepower

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb

Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ivy Cudgel
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic

Weavile (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pickpocket
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Great Tusk @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner

dunno just randomly made this

:Toxapex: Toxapex @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Acid Spray

IM BRINGING BACK OFFENSIVE AV PEX, THE DREAM WILL BE REAL

it kinda works too cuz u deal big dmg with acid spray + coverage despite ur spatk stat being like 50 lol

Last edited:
Can we talk about how crazy Iron Valiant is. This Pokemon has infinite sets. Choice Band Magical Torque, Choice Specs Fleur Cannon, Choice Scarf, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Calm Mind Esper Wing, Bulk Up Drain Punch, Nasty Plot Vacuum Wave for cheeky steels with Bullet Punch. Plus moves like Taunt and Encore already in its arsenal. This mon is actually Lebron James.

Glad to see Triple Arrows is banned. Jirachi was ludicrously cheap with that.

Given the popularity of Dragon Ascent Talonflame and priority in general, I was rocking Armor Tail Farafarig inside Trick Room (with Boomburst, since banned), but I found Armor Tail did not block Gale Wings priority flying moves. Is that programmed correctly? Does the game not consider Gale Wings priority?

Last edited:
Glad to see Triple Arrows is banned. Jirachi was ludicrously cheap with that.

Given the popularity of Dragon Ascent Talonflame and priority in general, I was rocking Armor Tail Farafarig inside Trick Room (which Boomburst, since banned), but I found Armor Tail did not block Gale Wings priority flying moves. Is that programmed correctly? Does the game not consider Gale Wings priority?
Do you have a replay of this happening?

ponchlake

Given the popularity of Dragon Ascent Talonflame and priority in general, I was rocking Armor Tail Farafarig inside Trick Room (which Boomburst, since banned), but I found Armor Tail did not block Gale Wings priority flying moves. Is that programmed correctly? Does the game not consider Gale Wings priority?
What might've happened was the Talonflame wasn't at 100% and lost priority on its Flying moves since Gale Wings requires 100% HP. If that was the case then you'd get hit by Dragon Ascent since it'd have no priority.

Can we talk about how crazy Iron Valiant is. This Pokemon has infinite sets. Choice Band Magical Torque, Choice Specs Fleur Cannon, Choice Scarf, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Calm Mind Esper Wing, Bulk Up Drain Punch, Nasty Plot Vacuum Wave for cheeky steels with Bullet Punch. Plus moves like Taunt and Encore already in its arsenal. This mon is actually Lebron James.
This is currently among our watchlist right now. We're keeping an eye on it and may vote on it soon. There are just other things higher in priority on our radar.

Gholdengo was banned like 3 days ago and its still allowed on showdown. Pretty annoying honestly
It's been implemented already, so we just need to wait for the servers to update. Sometimes it takes a few days like in this instance (I would also like to stop running into Gholdengo).

I've been using it a lot of webs and also screens. The thing is a beast and can run any set. You never know what its gonna do, especially now. I really like nasty plot but also sd is super strong with magical torque. He is truly a whole different guy with sd life orb magical torque - also its not contact
edit: I need to highlight a super underrated couple mons too - Judgement (sky plate) on Iron Jugulis and spooky plate on adaptability Basculegion F. It is so stupid, try them out. Especially because you can get the speed raise with jug

Last edited:
Sun team, peaked #1 :D
:torkoal: :iron-moth: :leafeon: :great-tusk: :sandy-shocks: :ting-lu:
https://pokepast.es/7ed90f603bb83867
1702175678199.png

:torkoal: sketches Synthesis (increased longetivity)
:iron-moth: sketches Eruption (breaks stall and balance)
:leafeon: sketches Bitter Blade (recovery, sun boosted, hits grass resists like Amoonguss, Corviknight, Rillaboom, Gambit, etc)
:great-tusk: sketches Tidy Up (secondary removal & sweeping potential vs opposing offense)
:sandy-shocks: sketches Armour Cannon (stronger than stabs in sun, hits grasses and some grounds)
:ting-lu: sketches Parting Shot (incredibly bulky specially defensive pivot)

weaknesses:
  • chilly reception - if people start using this over teleport/partingshot, sun teams become less reliable
  • opposing fire types - no real fire resist so can be out-offensed by opposing eruption or armour cannon users
  • levitate weezing-galar - walls tusk and leafeon, allows in moth but it makes the matchup harder overall
  • rain - solar blade is 2 turn outside of sun and torkoal is forced out by pelipper every time so theres really not many ways to pressure rain if they play well. also tinglu cant wall special water mons
  • potential heat rock ban - council nooo dont do it nooo please

Last edited:

ponchlake

I am making a webs team rn and want suggestions on what I should change on the team or add in the team.

https://pokepast.es/3a8b5fdf0a6861aa
:SV/Ribombee:
I'd go Ribombee here over Garchomp since this is looking like an HO team, and you're not gonna have too many opportunities to keep coming in and setting back hazards if they end up getting removed. You're better off just relying on positioning and offensive pressure to deny your opponent the opportunity to remove your hazards.

:SV/Thundurus-Therian: :SV/Kingambit:
I think you can go Thundurus-Therian over Zapdos since it out damages it by a decent margin and Volt Absorb is a decent immunity to have versus mons that may be locked into an Electric move. You can run NP + Agility with BoltBeam or NP with BoltBeam with Taunt for instance. Kingambit is also a decent addition since it has strong Priority and abilities in Defiant and Supreme Overlord that work well with HO. You have plenty of options between Bullet Punch, Knock Off, and Behemoth Blade just to name a few. I'm not sure if you also need Crawdaunt on the same team as Hoopa so I'd pick one over the other IMO.

:SV/Great Tusk: :SV/Gyarados:
I think HO needs a few mons that can boost their Speed even if you have Sticky Webs. Great Tusk with DD has near perfect offensive coverage, so that's something you can opt for. Another option is also Gyarados with DD and Dragon Ascent. It also has Taunt to blank Haze, Tidy Up, or attempts to heal.

:SV/Iron Valiant: :SV/Ogerpon:
Naturally fast breakers are also a given under Sticky Web. Iron Valiant and the various Ogerpon forms have a variety of sets you can run to cover up whatever offensive shortcomings you might have.

I think the most important thing is to test it and see what works. You're going to have to fumble around a bit to see what works and what doesn't work before you reach a team that's consistent.

with dlc coming soon anyways, i feel good about revealing my secret sauce, and that's that ice shard exists

Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Ice Shard

i havent seen a single other use of ice shard my entire time playing this OM, and its EXTREMELY good on ogerpon-W specifically due to the scarf lando infestation. oger baits in lando to revenge kill every single time, and nobody ever predicts it if i switch oger into a weak lando, even at 1400+.

ogerpon is pretty self sufficient, grass/water does a lot of work on its own, there's not much it really NEEDS to sketch, so using a moveslot on ice shard is incredible to seal the deal on sweeps, with added utility vs sucker punch too. many a defensive team has completely crurmbled by letting oger be, assuming lando can force it out for free, and then realizing that they have no other answer for it

edit: +1 ice shard is a guaranteed ohko against scarf lando, here's calcs for if you dont get a SD since just popping in oger to snipe lando can take so much pressure off your team

252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 216-256 (67.7 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 144-172 (45.1 - 53.9%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:
I’ve peaked #3 and 6 a couple separate accounts using various teams all featuring iron hands. Since dlc is dropping soon I’ll spoil it.
belly drum/swords dance with ice shard. Same concept as ogerpon except you’re incredibly bulky and hard to kill.
it is an absolute monster and destroys stuff like valiant, tornadus, hoopa, talonflame at +6. Hell it does about 70% to iron moth letting you easily live eruption and beat that outright. With max hp investment it tanks absolutely anything besides incredibly strong special hits.
It is so good.

Behold, the better webber.
:sv/electrode-hisui:
hangry ball (Electrode-Hisui) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Chloroblast
- Sticky Web
- Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
- Taunt
The hangry ball is great at webbing, as the fastest mon allowed in this meta (hitting 438 speed!), it taunts and completely stops many opposing leads, like :Ribombee:, and sets webs.
252+ SpA Electrode-Hisui Chloroblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Great Tusk: 446-528 (102.7 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Aftermath makes it good at stopping focus sash sweepers late into the game, and it stronk. One of the only problems is that it kinda has low spatk? It hits 259, which is okay... I think.
Pros
Fast Taunt
Aftermath to stop :focus sash: pokémon
Problems
Sucks vs Hatterene (c'mon, you can't blame it)

Edit to avoid double posting:
Just noticed that Imperator Romanum already has done this concept. However, they have Discharge for some reason? Thunderbolt is strictly better!

Timid Nature
- Chloroblast
- Sticky Web
- Taunt
The hangry ball is great at webbing, as the fastest mon allowed in this meta (hitting 438 speed!), it taunts and completely stops many opposing leads, like :Ribombee:, and sets webs.
252+ SpA Electrode-Hisui Chloroblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Great Tusk: 446-528 (102.7 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Aftermath makes it good at stopping focus sash sweepers late into the game, and it stronk. One of the only problems is that it kinda has low spatk? It hits 259, which is okay... I think.
Pros
Fast Taunt
Problems

Just noticed that Imperator Romanum already has done this concept. However, they have Discharge for some reason? Thunderbolt is strictly better!
Electrode-H is excellent, I agree! Being able to kill yourself with recoil comes in handy when your opponent attempts to spin aswell.

Whether you prefer Thunderbolt, Volt Switch or Discharge is up to you. Discharge is only marginally weaker than Thunderbolt, but it's far more annoying to switch into with the 30% chance to paralyze. You're not doing a lot of damage anyways with 80 sp.attack, but it depends on your team structure.

Timid Nature
- Chloroblast
- Sticky Web
- Taunt
Pros
Fast Taunt
Problems

I shamelessly appropriated that set and have been using it all week with volt switch. It is a super good hazard setter!

Hi, quick suggestion I'd like to share:

:milotic:
Milotic @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Competitive / Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Take Heart / Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

At first I was thinking Alomomola but it has abyssal SpA.
Milotic has instant recovery while having Scald, also Competitive is situational but can help against Landorus-T leads for instance. Marvel Scale could be nice but it's not optimal to use with Take Heart.
After a couple of boosts, it becomes really problematic to kill.

Hot diggity, with Triple Arrows yeeted, Trick Room is viable!

I’m the resident TR enjoyer, always trying to cook with it in every meta. As DLC is coming up, I’ll show you all the team I came up with. It’s pretty good/fun. TR setting Sturdy Magnezone is a treasure.

(RIP Specs Boomburst Armor Tail Farafarig. You were too beautiful for this world.)

https://pokepast.es/8c48422c90e57408

The quick rundown: 3 “sash” offensive TR setters (which get to laugh at all your ridiculous power crept nuking moves unless they’re multi-hitters) all with momentum grabbing suicide moves, bulky pivot Slowbro for a more sustainable TR setter and momentum grabber (and to cover the multi-hit Water attacks that could cleanly break the other three setters), plus Ursaluna to break stall, and Breloom for additional nuking + priority.

:hatterene: Sash Earth Power Hatterene: Generally your lead, unless you suspect multi-hit moves, Iron Head or Fake Out. Sets TR, denies Taunt and hazards (except to Stone Axe and Ceaseless Edge), cannot be OHKOed except by multihit moves, immune to Dragon Darts/Tail, Scale Shot, Roar and Whirlwind, EP brings near perfect offensive coverage, HW for momentum and second breaker or Sturdy Magnezone.

:mimikyu: Red Card Poltergeist Mimikyu: Can set up TR against anything except Taunt, multihit moves/Mold Breaker, immune to Fake Out, ExtremeSpeed, Mach Punch, Vaccum Wave, Circle Throw, Scale Shot, Dragon Tail/Darts, and Population Bomb, phases set up sweepers/Sub users without Knock Off, great offensive dual STABs against offensive teams, Curse for momentum and chip.

:magnezone: Sturdy TR Magnezone: Mixed offensive TR setter, Sturdy and HDB for OHKO proofing, resists most multi-hit moves including Dragon Darts, Scale Shot, Pop Bomb, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Icicle Spear. Tbolt for good consistent damage, Steel Beam for momentum and nuking cocky ground types, Body Press for Blissey/special walls. Synergies well with Healing Wish for extra free TR set.

:ursaluna: Pyro Ball Guts Ursaluna: Raw immediate breaking power with Guts and SD. Facade and HLR for obligatory powerful STABs, Pyro Ball for Corviknight and Sinestea helps dismantle Stall.

:breloom: Surging Strikes Breloom: Powerful multi-hit Technician nukes, break through Substitutes/Sturdy/Sashes. Surging Strikes benefits from Technician, and crits through Intimidate, Reflect and defense buffs, and OHKOs Landorus and Skeledirge unboosted, while also complementing Bullet Seed offensively. Mach Punch brings powerful priority against offense and notably checks Kingambit. Defensive typing useful, resisting Water, namely priority Aqua Jet and Water Shuriken, and Surging Strikes. SD adds additional breaking/cleaning power.

:slowbro: Eject Button Teleport Slowbro: Bulky TR setter and pivot with Teleport. Eject Button helps grab momentum and preserve Mimikyu and Magnezone’s abilities, and helps activate Ursaring’s Guts without wasting a TR turn. FS helps pressure opponents and forces checkmate situations in conjunction with Ursaring and Breloom. Body Press denies Kingambit from coming in. Teleport grabs momentum and gets breakers in clean. Resists Surging Strikes and Water Shuriken, which is important to relieve pressure from the other TR setting teammates.

Last edited:
Hit top 10 again, wanna go back to building smth new so not gonna push for #1 this time, so here's another team of mine

Ambipom Balance
:ambipom: :toxapex: :ting-lu: :landorus-therian: :tornadus-therian: :heatran:
https://pokepast.es/1c236c7a038ea604

:ambipom: sketches Population Bomb (Technician & STAB-boosted & higher atk than Maushhold & Persian)
Knock is needed to remove helmets, Fakeout helps vs HO, Uturn for momentum

:toxapex: sketches Parting Shot (more momentum >:D)
standard moveset

:ting-lu: sketches Wish (high HP to heal self and sometimes pass to Torn/Tran/Lando)
standard moveset

:landorus-therian: sketches Dragon Ascent (ground/flying hits a lot - only really resisted by washtom and zapdos)
Sub SD breaks a lot of opposing Balance teams as well as some stalls. Speed is for Tusk, HP is a leftovers number, then some atk

:tornadus-therian: sketches Earth Power (more ground/flying coverage)
NP and Taunt allow it to be another breaker but on the special side, with good speed (outspeeding valiant) and regen for longetivity

:heatran: sketches Court Change (easy hazard control)
helps vs sun and dirge and acts as hazard control and a good Wish recipient. also prevents opponents from breaking the main Pex-Lu defensive core via banded grasses like Rilla and Brelooom, and can trap mons like chipped Blisseys, Glowking, and my own Pex set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)