Doubles OU is a format in which both players have two Pokémon on the field at the same time. All Pokémon except those on the banlist (found below) can be used in Doubles OU regardless of the Pokémon's tier in singles play. Unlike in VGC, all Pokémon default to level 100 instead of level 50 and all 6 members of the team are brought each game.
- Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
- A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling.
- Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
- Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Moody ability.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
- Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team
Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
- Necrozma-Dusk Mane
- Necrozma-Dawn Wings
Players cannot use the following moves:
- Dark Void
- Gravity and sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy
Players cannot use the following items:
- Eevium Z
Players cannot use the following abilities:
- Power Construct