Welcome to the first edition of SM Majors! This is the second stage of the tournament, where top two qualifiers from each pool of the first stage have given us this 64-man bracket. From here, the tournament will run in a single-elimination format where players will play best-of-three SM OU with their opponents, and the loser will be knocked out of the tournament while the winner will advance to the next round.
- This is a standard SM OU tournament
- The format for Stage 1 is as follows:
- Stage 1 of this tournament will be a round robin series. Players will be placed in (pending number of signups) 16 pools, and must play all other opponents in their pool.
- Because Stage 1 is a round robin format, this means you are expected to play every opponent in your pool, even if you lose the first couple of games. If you are unwilling to commit to this format, do not sign up. You are also agreeing to play games with potential substitutes.
- The best 2 players from each pool will advance to Stage 2.
- Each pool will have a pool leader who will be determined by the host (me) based on past tournament results. The selection will be arbitrary, to some degree, but I will aim to be as objective as possible.
- Stage 1 matches will be best-of-three. You may switch teams between opponents.
- Due to the number of matches, Stage 1 will last for 3 weeks.
- The format for Stage 2 is as follows:
- The format will be best-of-three, single elimination.
- Changing teams between matches is allowed.
- Rounds will last the standard 1 week.
- Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (Main or SmogTours)
- REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED.
- Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from another Tournament Director. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
- In the event that something is added to or removed from the SM OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
- Follow the General Tournament Rules and Guidelines.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
- Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's SM OU Ban List. If the tiers change in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
- Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also having a move or ability that boosts Speed and a move or ability that boosts another stat.
- Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
What are we playing for?
This tournament will award points towards the 2023 SM OU Circuit, which awards a ribbon to the winner of the entire circuit. If you win the whole tournament, you also get a spot in the SM Hall of Fame!
SM OU Resources can be found here. SM OU Sample Teams can be found here. The general SM Forum can be found here.
Skypenguin vs Maktyum
MTB vs autumn
Seraphz vs Alpha1013
NoName6293 vs Squirtle Nornor
MangoSteak vs monchooo
sychillz vs PikachuZappyZap
TGA vs Lizardu''
Abbehat vs Batzi
lolebruh vs TyCarter
Ravenna vs awyp
Null Sphere vs db
Kenix vs robjr
ChaFouuu vs Zokuru
Scarfire vs Mimikyu Stardust
AcneAutist vs Kyo
~Undead~ vs Thiago Nunes
TPH vs egalvanc
Drachenkeule vs Captain Funk
airfare vs Freshhhhh
Ado vs Mister McLovin
false vs Ahsan-219
RL vs pkcc
Igniizard vs Mwoonn
DKM vs RedEmption
Milkshook vs Proftreez
ChrisPBacon vs Shaad Skyel
Ampha vs Kabani
Lusa vs Glurakaiser
Airi vs velvet
memedose46 vs Reze
s7a vs Sharow
YasuKe vs MGdos16
Extension Deadline: Thursday, September 28
Round 2 Deadline: Sunday, October 1st