Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt / Taunt / Roost
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Z-Wild Charge Koko is really nice when u have to cripple things like Magearna or Chansey, The first slot can be changed in what the team needs, tbolt is for faking to not be a Z-wild charge and luring more effectively chansey/magearna But taunt to stallbreak and Roost for longevity are nice options,
Still if u run taunt u can break quite easily stall (Without tangrowth, which isn't that popular) which should be the only playstyle chansey should be played (even if Chansey offense are somehow increasing)

252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 520-613 (73.9 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 91-108 (12.9 - 15.3%) -- possible 7HKO
(if rocks up guaranteed ohko if not it still has a good chance to Kill, also chansey isn't hard at all to cripple)
252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 268-316 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Electric Terrain: 180-213 (49.4 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Electric Terrain: 348-411 (95.6 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Mega Alakazam knocks off Chansey's Eviolite as it switches in and then it can 2HKO with Psyshock.

252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psyshock vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 324-382 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Physically Attacking Diancie

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Explosion/Substitute
- Endeavor

Chanseys are usually pretty comfortable on standard Diancie, but Endeavor changes that. Chansey has 703 hp, diancie only has 241, so one endeavor puts you within physically attacking diamond storm's reach. Alternatively, you can be special attacking, use one substitute, and then endeavor --> Diamond storm, but any Chansey that sees a substitute should know that endeavor is coming and switch out, so I'd forgo it in the lure.

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 156 Atk / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Low Kick
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

really gucci greninja set revolving around z-low kick. it tears chansey a new one then you follow up with another low kick for the ko without requiring stealth rock on the field.

156 Atk Protean Greninja All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 512-606 (73 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
156 Atk Protean Greninja Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 194-230 (27.6 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

as you can see, with the absolute lowest roll possible with no prior damage, greninja can actually beat chansey. low kick is also really good as a great general coverage move as it hits tyranitar, heatran, ferrothorn, kyurem, a lot of shit.

extrasensory is pretty necessary imo if not just to make sure toxapex doesn't tspike all over you. after spikes + rocks damage it gets 2HKOed and it's never at 100% when pivoting into greninja since regenerator doesn't heal off all the damage potential esense has. hits venu, amoong, and keld too. ice beam is ice beam lol.

Morestuff.png

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Normally Chansey has no problems shrugging off most attacks from Thundurus, even at +2, thanks in part to Soft-boiled healing off most damages and Focus Blast having a high chance to miss and only having 8 pp. This set can use this to effectively lure in Chansey by taunting it, then Nasty Plotting, and then preceding to fire off Focus Blasts until the pink blob of mass destruction is dead. Thanks to Taunt it can also effectively deal with the rest of most stall teams of which Chansey is a prominent feature.

Irrelevant calcs incoming
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 416-491 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Roost
- Trick

Trick-lock Chansey into anything and get rid of her Eviolite, proceed to chunk away with Psyshock. You don't even need to predict and Trick if she's taken a bit of chip damage actually, because Psyshock 2HKOs after 2 switches into SR.

reserving Specs Pelipper

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Premise is simple, lure Chansey or other spdef walls and cripple them with knock off, then use your absurdly powerful Hydro Pumps to 2hko whatever you need. Specs Peli tends to have a free moveslot due to water/flying stab eviscerating most of the tier, so running Knock Off > Surf isn't a significant opportunity cost.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Chansey in Rain: 339-400 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO (after Eviolite is removed)

Thundurus- Therian
1517681505052.png

Set:

Thundurus-Therian @ Fightnium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid/Modest
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Focus Blast

Someone mentioned this Mon in the viability rankings, and looking at the current meta, Thundurus-T can offer a lot to a team, especially one weak to Koko and Hawlucha. Just like with every other special attacker, chansey will feel forced to come in, especially on stall teams that have Skarmory or Zapdos as setup fodder. You nasty plot on the switch, and then you can do one of two things: on the timid set, you can go for thunderbolt first and make the chansey user feel safe staying in, and then follow with All out pummeling for the KO. Or on the Modest set (for teams requiring a stronger wall breaker for whatever reason) you can go straight for the z-move and have a great chance to KO.

This set is simple, but it's also practical outside of luring chansey, because it has uses in luring and destroying Excadrill, Magnezone, Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, SpDef Heatran, etc.

Relevant Calcs:

+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 566-666 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Thunderbolt vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 201-237 (28.6 - 33.8%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO

And with Modest Nature:

+2 252+ SpA Thundurus-Therian All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 620-730 (88.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Edit: Another thing I forgot to mention is that once Chansey switches in, it's very easy to eliminate it with little prediction, because none of Chansey's usual teammates will want to switchin to a +2 Thunderbolt (save like Quagsire, which if you're desperate, Thundurus-t can run grass knot), whereas some other lures may require a bit more prediction and can be covered by Chansey's teammates.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It has been 6 hours though.
uh yeah i haven't been following the posts in this thread until now, but in future as a heads up the 6 hour rule is a thing in Jordy's projects; in mine it's 24 hours (although that reminds me that I should prolly add that to my OP 'cuz I forgot to lol).

Anyway I'm gonna update this thread in the next day or two probably; sticking to rigid cycles is kinda pointless given activity patterns so yeah it's always gonna be just down to when I want to update lol.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Serperior Trapper
View attachment 101759
Thinking of mons who Chansey is able to switch in easily, a idea came to my mind. Serperior, a UU mon qualified in B+ in the USUM OU VR. A mon who learns Toxic (obv) and Wrap, being able to trap for 5 turns Chansey nulifying its Natural Cure. It also learns Taunt, so it can void Soft-Boiled.
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wrap
- Toxic
- Taunt

- Rest
Finally, I have chosen Rest, to survive Chansey's Seisimic Toss.
Let's try to keep posts to things that are actually viable and used as opposed to specific niche sets with little-to-no other use which would never find themselves on semi-serious teams!

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That and SubSeed does mostly the same thing but better. Anyway, update comes tomorrow probably unless im still sulking over smth that happened ~4 hours before this post like the immature baby that I am

Let's Try It another time xD
Chansey probably switch into special wallbreakers/sweepers, like Magearna.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split

- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt

It's not the best magearna set, I know, but without Landorus, and others, can easily sweep chansey and other mons in late game. With setting up CM, and surviving chanseys Seismic Toss, I think it can be a good lure.
CALCS:
+6 252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon over 2 turns vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 943-1111 (134.1 - 158%) -- guaranteed KO in 2 turns

Martin

Good news people: I'm not still sulking! In fact, the thing I was upset about is actually salvageable, so I'm gonna spend today doing that. Anyway, I don't really like the "winners" system very much because it's fucking stupid and arbitrary, so I'm just going to do what I did two rounds ago and highlight posts that I liked/didn't like. Each paragraph corresponds to good/middling/bad (in that order)
Z-Wild Charge Koko works nicely given how much it's fallen off, meaning that most teams don't really expect it, and it has a good MU vs stall and balance in general outside of Gliscor/Hippo, so yeah it's a good option here. That said, I don't think TBolt serves much purpose on the set--it's basically just Taunt and Roost that are OK options here IMO (moreso Taunt). KOff Alakazam isn't anything new, and it's a good set; not much else to say really. Same goes for KOff Pelipper for mostly the same reasons, albeit not as good as KOff Zam. SubEndeavor Diancie is a great way of fucking with Chansey. You don't *really* need max Atk on SubEndeavor sets, but in the Chansey MU specifically it is nice to have because you can put it under very heavy pressure with Diamond Storm if it has any prior damage on it at all.

Taunt Thundy is decent, but I think mixed Thundy does a better job of luring it because even if it doesn't end up getting a Superpower off vs it it still cripples it with KOff, which makes it overwhelmable for teammates. NP+Fightinium Thundy-T just does the NP equivalent of luring Chansey better than NP+Taunt or NP+Fightinium Thundy just due to it acually being able to dent it with AOP. Fightinium Gren is solid; nothing else to say here. I like Infestation Pex, but I think if you're gonna go Infestation+Toxic you should really run like Haze or Scald or something over TSpikes (probably Haze) just to make better use of your moveslots. It's also not really something that expressly lures Chansey; it just stalls some things out.

Specs Latios is not really very salvageable atm IMO. I think Scarf would've been a better submission really or, even better, Scarf Trick+HW Latias--you know, the one that's actually a decent Pokemon in the meta. I don't really know what to say about that Gear set; it kills Chansey but it seems impractical outside of it, and the opp can take advantage of Pain Split if they have a weakened partner that threatens Mage.

New round, new mon!

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 216 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam

It took people way too long to figure out this was a good 'mon. Now tell me: what lures it?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tapu Lele @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast / Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Ghostium Z Tapu Lele is a tech from the MegaGross meta that can be used to lure in Jirachi for teammates like SG Magearna that are hard walled by Jirachi. It's pretty self explanatory and one of my favorite lures to use overall. However, I don't recommend using this set unless you know for a fact that the person you're prepping for habitually uses Jirachi or else it'll just be a worse version of Fightinium Z or Psychium Z.

Tapu Lele @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Shadow Ball / Focus blast / Hidden Power Fire/
- Psyshock
- Moonblast

Z-Nature's madness Lele is Usually used to heavily damage its best checks,The Forth move is usually focus blast for being able to touch heatran without using the Z, Hidden Power Fire for Ferrothorn or Scizor, Thunderbolt/Thunder for Celesteela or in this case Shadow ball for Jirachi ( Hidden power Fire doesn't do more than 29% so after leftovers recovery u won't kill it 3:).

Tapu Lele Guardian of Alola vs. 236 HP Jirachi: 300-300 (75 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 236 HP / 216+ SpD Jirachi: 130-154 (32.5 - 38.5%) -- 2.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 236 HP / 216+ SpD Jirachi: 98-116 (24.5 - 29%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 236 HP / 216+ SpD Jirachi: 97-115 (24.2 - 28.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Katy

Banned deucer.
Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance / Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

252 Atk Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 218-258 (54.5 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I thought about this cause i think Latios Mega with its physical set is not often seen and can lure in Jirachi eventually. EQ will catch a lured in Jirachi off guard.

Why my Tapu Fini Lure post was deleted because a U-Turn Jirachi and this jirachi doesn't have it? Lol
That fini can win 1v1 but it doesn't lure it, Jirachi isn't the best switch to fini so they could not put immediatly also jirachi can switch after u nature madness and u max did 50% which and with leftovers portect it recovers 12% so u just did 38% to it when it can recover later with leftovers Protect or Wish, so yeah that's not a really good lure

That fini can win 1v1 but it doesn't lure it, Jirachi isn't the best switch to fini so they could not put immediatly also jirachi can switch after u nature madness and u max did 50% to it which can recover later with leftovers Protect or Wish, so yeah that's not a really good lure[/QUOTEOkks
Oks Ty! I'm new at this xD

Double Dance Magearna

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Y'know, for a mon that can check a lot of things, it surprisingly can be beaten easily by just switching up the moveset. Either way, here is double dance Magearna, except that instead of unresisted BoltBeam coverage, it has Ghost Fighting unresisted coverage. Not much to say except this

+1 252 SpA Magearna Shadow Ball vs. 236 HP / 216+ SpD Jirachi: 194-230 (48.5 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

It also appreciates Jirachi trying to use WishTect, since it can set up on protect turns.

This also comes with the benefit of not getting trapped by Magnezone as well

Martin

+

Kyurem-Black @ Electrium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Normally, Jirachi is a giant headache for Kyurem-B; it is able to shrug off Earth Power short of SpD drops and stall for LO recoil between Wish and Protect, and it completely shuts down Subzero Slammer variants. However, Gigavolt Havoc has a high chance to KO Jirachi under Electric Terrain, removing it after SR+Ice Beam damage. Electrium Z Kyurem-B is able to achieve a few other things under Electric Terrain too; it lures and removes healthy AV Magearna and is capable of surprising+removing Mega Scizor from around 60% and it still deals solid damage to most Icium targets short of, like, Ferrothorn.

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

This Clefable takes advantage of Jirachi's Iron Head to very reliably (not including flinches) beat it down with Knock Off+Counter. Most Jirachi feel safe switching into Clefable and just clicking Iron Head, but that isn't safe when Clef has Counter:

0- Atk Clefable Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 94-112 (23.5 - 28%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Possible damage amounts: (94, 96, 96, 98, 98, 100, 100, 102, 104, 104, 106, 106, 108, 108, 110, 112)

0 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 152-180 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Possible damage amounts: (152, 152, 156, 156, 158, 162, 162, 164, 164, 168, 170, 170, 174, 174, 176, 180)

Normally I wouldn't show the damage amounts but they are relevant in this particular scenario. The minimum amount of damage Clef can do to Jirachi off of a Counter is 304 HP, or 76%. In other words, there is only one damage roll (the 94 HP one on Knock) that won't ensure Jirachi gets knocked out by the combination of Knock Off and Counter. The item can be changed to Focus Sash to have a last minute check against mons like Kartana and Landorus when Sash is kept intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)