Project SM OU Teambuilding Workshop 2019 [Open!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone!
In this post I would like to ask for a team made around one of the most feared Pokémon in BW1: TERRAKION.

I was first thinking to use CB Terrak or a Dual Dance set, but I dropped it in favour of just a SD set because EQ is a nice coverage move.

Since it's a pretty self-explanatory set, I don't know what else can I add.

Porthos (Terrakion) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

I would love to get into OU, specially using one of my favorite mons (sadly, I can't ask for a M-Aero team since the thing isn't viable, lmao:[ )
Thank you so much in advance!
Quick question (since it's my first post in this thread)
Can I ask if I would like a specific team archetype for my suggestion?
I'm just asking out of curiosity, since I like to use more balanced teams (I don't like HO that much due to more so personal taste)

If it's not allowed, then no problem:]

(Tagging lyd since I think he's online rn)

Quick question (since it's my first post in this thread)
Can I ask if I would like a specific team archetype for my suggestion?
I'm just asking out of curiosity, since I like to use more balanced teams (I don't like HO that much due to more so personal taste)

If it's not allowed, then no problem:]

(Tagging lyd since I think he's online rn)
yea, feel free to ask for a specific playstyle, just keep in mind it might be a bit harder to find / build teams if your request is too specific.

on another note, posting a bunch of teams later today, this project is not dead!

yea, feel free to ask for a specific playstyle, just keep in mind it might be a bit harder to find / build teams if your request is too specific.

on another note, posting a bunch of teams later today, this project is not dead!
No trouble.
I'm by no means in a rush to get into OU, lol.

Thanks for the quick reply!:]

some music to go along with the teams

click sprites for importable
by Kickasser

Meliodafu7 there are plenty of sand teams out there but this one's arguably one of my favorites, with mega garchomp going a long way to help excadrill clean up. it has a very nice defensive backbone with celepex + hippowdon too. hope you like it!

HKT not sure if it's the type of team you envisioned but kickasser's team makes great use of the hippowdown + toxapex core. this is in my opinion one of the better sand teams this gen, packing plenty of power with a very sturdy defensive backbone and i hope you like it!

HighLevelNoob this team also covers your request. with physical mega garchomp you don't usually run draco meteor as you really need the special attack investment to make draco worth it. hope you like the team though.

by imsosorrylol

HKT there's also this team from sorry that was used in spl by kickasser too. this one takes on a more defensive approach so feel free to pick and choose the one you like better!

by Finchinator

Rawbi this finchinator team is a bit old, but it's probably the best buzzwole team out there, buzzwole lost some of its niche after the zygarde ban, but it still helps with a few pokemon and can act as a lure with subzero slammer. have fun!

by Finchinator

MeeMoon78 here's a mega sableye + chansey stall.

by Finchinator

MeeMoon78 here's another mega sableye + chansey stall.

by suapah

MottoV2 this team makes great use of the magearna + mega alakazam core you requested, with them weakening checks for one another and magnezone helping trap and weaken problematic steels. taunt over u-turn is also a viable option with this team on tornadus-t, so experiment with that too.

by talah

Vinc608 this team was used by talah in spl and is one of the best incarnations of grass spam in my opinion. hope you like it.

by lyd

Vinc608 also another take on the grass spam core, this time by yours truly. it's a bit similar to talah's team trading some of the breaking power of choice band bulu for a slightly sturdier defensive backbone, also with a better mega mawile matchup, but in turn a weakness to offensive volcarona. talah's team is better, but this is also an option you can fiddle with.

by Charmflash

Et10/10du this team was posted earlier in this thread by charmflash and uses the core you requested. you can read more about it here, in charmflash's original post.

by Baloor and Ske

FuckTfue this team is a hyper offense team with the kommo-o set you wanted, as it mainly fits on this type of team. hope you like it.

by ABR

Tidus17 this is one of my favorite teams in all of sm and it really showcases the power of this mega mawile + ash-greninja core by backing up it up with a solid defensive core. hope you like it! you can read more about it here.

by Finchinator

GustavoR this is a team by finchinator that makes great use of terrakion. it's a pretty underrated threat and protect helps with choice scarf landorus-t and ash-greninja.

by Finchinator

GustavoR another terrakion team from our esteemed ou forum leader, also with the core of terrakion + ash-greninja. feel free to use whichever you like better, or both.

Many thanks to all the builders that shared teams for this project!

On another note, imsosorrylol, Mellow, and skup will be helping out too! thanks and welcome :)​

some music to go along with the teams

by Kickasser

HighLevelNoob this team also covers your request. with physical mega garchomp you don't usually run draco meteor as you really need the special attack investment to make draco worth it. hope you like the team though.
Thank you so much lyd and Kick! Yeah I've been playing with Garchomp more and more, the Draco Meteor was based off of something I found in the forums but honestly I had ended up going with Fire Blast and was looking at Fire Fang. Should have swapped to it sooner lol.

Thanks a lot Lyd.

This really is a nice project.

Imma try the team and perhaps request another one for another core.

THanks again :D

Hello guys, I would like to request a team with trapper azumarill. First thing first, I asked lyd for approval.
He said because it is already so restricting in teambuilding I better dont post a core.
So Its up to you. If someone give it a try I would be very glad.
Anyway, I would use the set from the official anslysis, and maybe not a stall team (if possible). Thank you.

Am I able to ask for help making two OU teams? The first I'd like to be a Hyper Offensive team with Zeraora as the focus and the other with M-Latias as the focus. I don't care too much for what playstyle the M-Latias team uses. If Garchomp can find a slot on either or both teams that would be awesome.
Here is what I currently run, I want to have a team that uses all three of the listed but I can't make it work effectively so I might as well try multiple teams.
https://pokepast.es/c1e9d3b4bd7db7d7

Lyd, you're a god. I'm amazed that you were able to deliver so well on the sheer number of requests. Thank you so much for the time put into this. For shitty teambuilders like me, you're a blessing.

With that said, I'll toss in another request for my favorite style of team in USUM OU: dedicated hyper-offense trick room. Uxie, Marowak-Alola, and Mawile-Mega are an insanely tight core. There's so many phenomenal picks for teammates, from dedicated setters like Cresselia and suicidal Mimikyu to snowball setters like Magearna and Stakataka to the ridiculously powerful abusers like Crawdaunt, Azumarill, Hoopa-Unbound, Conkeldurr, Heracross-Mega, Camerupt-Mega, Victini, and whoever else you can find.

The difficulty with this team archetype is knowing which of these potent mons to use. As the meta changes, you need to constantly adjust your team to avoid getting bodied by whatever new threat appears. This is the part I am bad at. I've been amassing this collection of TR mons since I read imsosorrylol's amazing rmt, but I can never build a team that fits this current environment. Either that, or I just don't know when to stop trying to build and start accepting more losses. Either way, I'd kill for someone to present me with a team that I can rely on in 2019. Thanks again, y'all. Arceus bless.

Hey guys can i ask for a team with Ditto+ CB HoopaU? I know ditto its not B or more but I think he can work well here. Ditto dislikes Sub ussers and CM ussers. Hoopa can deal with this guys and proceed to open holes in the enemy team as a breaker so ditto can clean in late game.
hey, sorry for the late response, but because both members of the core are too low in the viability rankings this request breaks our rules. feel free to request something else though :)

Am I able to ask for help making two OU teams? The first I'd like to be a Hyper Offensive team with Zeraora as the focus and the other with M-Latias as the focus. I don't care too much for what playstyle the M-Latias team uses. If Garchomp can find a slot on either or both teams that would be awesome.
Here is what I currently run, I want to have a team that uses all three of the listed but I can't make it work effectively so I might as well try multiple teams.
https://pokepast.es/c1e9d3b4bd7db7d7
hey, you can only request one team at a time so i'm adding the mega latias to the OP if that's ok because Zeraora is unranked and that happens to be against our rules :(

but actually, i have a mega latias + garchomp team, so here you go:

by lyd

this is actually an RMT of mine, you can read more about it here.​

So, what about a team with lele+kartana?

One can wallbreak while the other can clean, and psychic terrain its always cool protecting kartana from water shuriken and priority in general. I dont post sets so u guys can have more flexibility at teambuilding but if u need to just ask me, thanks for your service!

Hi, I wanted to see if specs Hoopa-U can do any good considering the pressure Ash-Gren can exert with specs pulse. I'm also interested in possible synergy with Zapdos, guarding Hoopa-U (to some extent) against 1-shotters like Hawlucha, Bulu, Kartana, M-Pinsir, U-turn in general.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Or perhaps this is severely outclassed by Choice Band Hoopa-U and that would be a better option.

EDIT: Saw the B+ rule, Hoopa-U is B so if it's not accepted I totally understand

Last edited:
Hi. I would like someone to build around Life Orb Gengar, if that is allowed. The team can be balance or HO. You can change the Gengar set.
Gengar

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast BTW doesn't have to be LO

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Copperhawk im going to do this quick since im running out of time here. Trick Room is a very niche playstyle in the current meta, and can be a 50/50 when it comes to matchups. I did the best I could making a "Original" TR Team that isnt a copy of sorrys team or an absolute shit show of memes. First and better one uses Mega Heracross, a phenomenal wallbreaker and one of the 3 megas youd pick when constructed one of these. Azu was added as an additional breaker that checks Ash Greninja and Heatran (two mons that trick room typically has issues with). Checks is used softly has you really need to put the pressure on these two if u wanna win. Added Awak as the last abuser, self explanatory.

Second team is kinda meme since camel rn is doodoo because of latis. Camel + Bulu work well together due to their typings & Bulu setting up terrain for a camel nature power. crawdaunt was added as a setup sweeper for the team.

https://pokepast.es/6406457156d7ebed here are my above average, average tr teams

Finally, if u want another team with MMaw. Just use sorrys team but azu > craw (azu handles gren better) if you a real g. Its almost impossible to make a MMaw tr team that doesnt just mimic his team.

TR is a fucking meme and only performs well low-mid ladder. DO NOT use it in high ladder or in tours.

Last edited:
Celesteela @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Autotomize
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Saw this while looking through creative and underated sets, looked like it would be fun to use, but not sure how to build with it. Dont really care on any other specifics for the team.

Since I asked it in the wrong thread, might as well ask it here:

Tagging lyd

I have a question about the Teambuilding Workshop (not sure if I have to ask it here or in that thread)
The rules say that I can ask for a team arpund a Pokémon that is from B- rank at least. However, since I've seen people requesting for a team around two mons, I wanted to know if I can ask (to put an example) for a Rain team around Shift Gear Magearna (S Rank) and CB Crawdaunt (C Rank)

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm really a big fan of Medicham-Mega and Hoopa-U but I never could build a viable team with these pokemons on the same team :p
I think a VolTurn team should be the best playstyle for these 2 mons

hope you'll have fun to build it!

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

Id like to request LO Nidoking,

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

This set is mainly for dealing with some of the primary threats in OU, being able to outspeed Timid Magearna and kill it, tanking an HP Ice from Koko and Ohkoing it, as well as out speeding Timid Heatran and everything else up to Adamant Mimikyu. Life Orb + Sheer Force maximizes its hitting power, while Substitute minimizes the switching predictions, allowing Nidoking to stay safer long to help wall break. Any teammate is fine, and If possible I'd prefer a Balance/Bulky Offense build!

Last edited:
I love to use BL pokémon like Thunderus or Heracross-M in teams, but in general, I find it hard to make good teams for OU.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I saw this Thundurus on the BL To High Ladder vids from Joey and Blunder and loved it in that. It has great potential as a wall breaker/set up sweeper, and it being able to come in on Volt Switch from Pokémon like Rotom-W is cool too. It is just so cool to use pokémon you don't see that often and make it work in a typical OU team.

I thought that Heatran would be a good pokémon because it sets up rocks, and Thundurus-T can switch in on ground types as well as kill water type pokémon with T-bolt
Maybe Fini could be good as a defogger with this core.

Good luck!

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi I Need a Team With

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

SD Gliscor is a staple on many hazard stack Balance builds, being able to reliably deal with Heatran and acting as a formidable win-condition whose potency only gets increased by the layers on Spikes and T-Spikes being set on the field. Likewise, SD M-Scizor also enjoys said hazards, and benefits from Gliscor shielding it from Heatran and Defog Zapdos, and using Toxapex as set-up fodder. These two are both deadly late-game sweepers that should be dealt with carefully, so I’m excited to see what you guys can come up with to deal with this core!

Looking to make a team out of MegaVenu and Jirachi.

Mega Venu is one of my favorite Megas, it’s fat AF, has great defensive typing, and has a great defensive movepool. It’s amazing how much this mon can wall in the metagame, including some top threats like Lando and Ash Gren. I love throwing seeds on things on switch ins. It’s so satisfying to wall stuff with this mon.

I chose Scarf Jirachi because it’s such a great answer to Mega Alakazam and outspends things like Mega Medicham and Torn (although it doesn’t switch in well). The two work super well together because Venu KOs things like bulky water types for Rachi and Rachi in return walls Psychic Types

Here’s the sets:

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch

I always seem to not know how to progress in team building, but I’d like to become better. If anyone has any good resources I’d appreciate if you’d send em my way. Much appreciated :)

Mamoswine @ Metronome
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock / Substitute

Smashes fat shit and not as good as it was b/c rise of Rotom-W & Cele. The teams I have tried to build around this are either subpar or just bad. Thanks builders :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)