Resource SM RU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Is Moltres any good in this meta? With Flyinium Z it can use a 185 BP Supersonic Skystrike that hits insanely hard while Grassium Z lets it use a 190 BP Bloom Doom to wreck bulky Water types. At least that's the theory - I haven't played the RU beta yet

I think the general consensus is that moltres is good but largely overshadowed by tornadus, noivern, and swellow as a specially attacking flying type for various reasons. Moltres is still good though, its strong and fire stab can be nice, and it's a good switch in to shaymin and escavalier. It's just more niche then other options

Feraligatr benfits alot from crawdaunts ban since Daunt basically outclassed Gatr when talking about an sd set. Now gatr has no competition anymore as a "bulky" water set up sweeper

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mega Glalie benefits from the fact that teams will have less Bronzong (because of Kyurem's banning), and thus with Freeze Dry it can take on Milotic, Slowbro, and Mantine, as well as take care of the multitude of Dragon-types in the tier.

What's the element of Bewear that caused a third of the council to vote ban? I've faced it plenty and it never seemed quite so threatening I'd like it banned

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What's the element of Bewear that caused a third of the council to vote ban? I've faced it plenty and it never seemed quite so threatening I'd like it banned
Its because band bewear is extremely difficult to switch into and is very hard for offensive teams because of its bulk. SD sets are less popular but can also dent holes in balance with a great coverage of return superpower/arm and shadow claw. I think it's too much for the tier as only a handful mons can reliably check it

phantom

Banned deucer.
NU hasn't started yet for Dhelmise to end up there and it just dropped to RU so it's technically still in the tier. By next month, NU should start and we'll know for sure if Dhelmise has the usage to stay in RU. I think it's likely that it stays in RU since it's fairly decent, though, and I expect its usage to reflect that.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hasn't testing on NU or something started yet? Why is it still in RU?
No, NU alpha is planned to start when april usage stats come out (so maybe a week or 10 days into april). And even then I believe Dhelmise will still remain RU because it gets a good bit of usage here.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Its because band bewear is extremely difficult to switch into and is very hard for offensive teams because of its bulk. SD sets are less popular but can also dent holes in balance with a great coverage of return superpower/arm and shadow claw. I think it's too much for the tier as only a handful mons can reliably check it
Kinda reminds me a lot like Pangoro tho...

Anyways so this post isn't worthless, when are analyses starting? In April?

RU C&C will start shortly after usage stats for beta are released to account for any tier shifts, so you are correct, it will start sometime in April.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been looking at the visual tier list, and was wondering, what are some of the Pokemon that currently are below 3.41% usage in RU beta that are really good? I would've expected Bruxish, Ribombee, Pyukumuku, Pangoro, Noivern, Salazzle, Sableye, Slurpuff, Meloetta, and Machamp to be really good, but I haven't played RU yet and really don't know. If anything, can someone just tell me how each of the Pokemon I mentioned are doing atm?

We haven't had enough time to use Bruxish yet, but the 2 biggest reasons it wasn't ever used have recently been banned (Crawdaunt and Feraligatr), so on paper it should be getting better now.
  • Ribombee is extremely underwhelming because it's really weak and fails to outspeed Swellow and Talonflame by 1 and 2 points.. Swellow is a much better version of Ribombee basically. I've tried making Ribombee work but I just never find it better over Vivillon as a QD sweeper and Swellow as a fast specs Pokemon.
  • Pyukumuku is usable I believe? Not exactly sure, never used it, but it sounds like it's been doing work in RU from what I've heard and seen.
  • Pangoro's biggest competition was Bewear and that's banned now so it's on the same boat as Bruxish.
  • Noivern is bad, it's also a worse Swellow.
  • Salazzle is super good right now, Nasty Plot with Fire Blast/Sludge Wave/filler (HP Electric, Dragon Pulse, Taunt, Toxic, Sub, Encore, literally anything you want) is super good as both a sweeper vs. offense and a wallbreaker vs. stall, and it can use LO or Poisonium-z.

No comment on Sableye, Meloetta, or Slurpuff (although Linoone is looking like a better BD user), and Machamp is bad because it's outclassed as a Fighting type by Heracross right now.

Just to add onto what arikado posted, sableye is decent right now, but the prankster nerf and general tier changes have hurt it really bad. Since it can't hit dark types with wisp honch and pangoro can come in for free (and honch is not something you want to give free switches too) and the tier has a lot more really strong special attackers that can just straight up muscle through sableye like nidoqueen, dragalge, goodra, moltres, etc. As for meloetta, I think it's actually pretty underrated right now, but it's currently the subject of research week so that would be the place to check for that.

Of course the big thing to mention as far as pokemon in NU by usage is snorlax. Snorlax is insanely good in RU and so many teams are unprepared to handle curselax.
IMO the best NU pokemon in RU are lax, emboar, froslass, glalie, jellicent, persian, moltres, pangoro, durant, rotom-m, and maybe virizion, sneasel and houndoom.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What is an estimate time for the Viability Ranking thread to be uploaded?
I would look for that to come out around the same time RU C&C starts up. (Mid-April) Both are reliant on the tier being much more stable than it is right now.

aVocado

@ Everstone
I would look for that to come out around the same time RU C&C starts up. (Mid-April) Both are reliant on the tier being much more stable than it is right now.
Too bad the tier at that time would be even less stable since we're gonna retest so many things for so many weeks z_z

feen

control
Too bad the tier at that time would be even less stable since we're gonna retest so many things for so many weeks z_z
What do you mean by less stable? RU Tours will not have suspects in them, there won't be any analysis on the suspected Pokemon, and VR will definitely not count the suspected Pokemon as well. I don't get where this "unstable" is coming from because the only difference will be the ladders being different, which shouldn't be a problem for you, as it is not a problem for the maximum members of the community. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)