SM UU Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I would like to request teams that beat stall. Preferably accompanied with replays vs known good tourney players. Tbh honest i would be satisfied with replays only. I need some teambuilding inspiration as my creativity is stagnating.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey. I would like to request teams that beat stall. Preferably accompanied with replays vs known good tourney players. Tbh honest i would be satisfied with replays only. I need some teambuilding inspiration as my creativity is stagnating.
You can try to request a team in the teambuilding lab thread. I don't think this thread is the appropriate place to ask for teams, and in the future please try to search the forums first for a resource or project that could fulfill your needs.

You can try to request a team in the teambuilding lab thread. I don't think this thread is the appropriate place to ask for teams, and in the future please try to search the forums first for a resource or project that could fulfill your needs.
Well replays only then. That should fit in this thread

EDIT: I think the fact that im not actually getting any answers with replays is a testament to how stall actually is a broken playstyle in UU. If you want to prove me wrong please provide replays:) And by replays I mean high level replays.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Is there a date for when UULT is likely to start? The 2018 circuit thread just says spring, and seeing as we’re in late March coming into April surely it has to be soon otherwise we’ll be in summer before it gets going!

Apologies if this was asked recently, I scrolled through the last couple of pages and couldn’t see anything.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Best Hydreigon set?
It's hard to define a 'best set' for Hydreigon due to its versatility, but both the Choice Scarf and Choice Specs sets have been effective for a long time and have found their ways onto many teams used by high profile users in meaningful settings. You can view Hydreigon's Smogdex entry here for specific sets, the only one that may not be explicitly covered is the Poisonium-Z lure set with Belch, which is also a pretty worthwhile set in its own right.

It's hard to define a 'best set' for Hydreigon due to its versatility, but both the Choice Scarf and Choice Specs sets have been effective for a long time and have found their ways onto many teams used by high profile users in meaningful settings. You can view Hydreigon's Smogdex entry here for specific sets, the only one that may not be explicitly covered is the Poisonium-Z lure set with Belch, which is also a pretty worthwhile set in its own right.
I don't know the evs, but can that set OHKO a Sylveon?

What's a solid defensive Fighting check to complete a Bisharp/Sylveon core?

Edit: Sorry, meant Scizor, not Bisharp. Forgot he's OU now.

Sylveon is generally a very solid Fighting check, but Bisharp is banned from the UU tier and has been banned for quite a few months.
Sorry, I meant Scizor. I keep forgetting Bisharp moved up.

I know Sylveon can but I was looking for a physically defensive Mom to cover its low Def and complete the core.

Edit: Actually a good bulky WoW user similar to Rotom-W would be great.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant Scizor. I keep forgetting Bisharp moved up.

I know Sylveon can but I was looking for a physically defensive Mom to cover its low Def and complete the core.

Edit: Actually a good bulky WoW user similar to Rotom-W would be great.
Moltres is pretty good

Hi
I dont know if I m posting this in tht right thread, so my appologizes

I played a guy online on battle spot
we both had greninjas
He was using an Ash- Greninja (battle bond not activated), so a regular Greninja.
Every time the guy would outspeed, EVERY TIME - i have a max speed, speedy nature, 31 IVs in Speed Greninja
How is it possible to outspeed it, if his greninja isnt scarfed... What am I missing? Doesnt Ash Greninja have a neutral speed nature ?

Hi
I dont know if I m posting this in tht right thread, so my appologizes

I played a guy online on battle spot
we both had greninjas
He was using an Ash- Greninja (battle bond not activated), so a regular Greninja.
Every time the guy would outspeed, EVERY TIME - i have a max speed, speedy nature, 31 IVs in Speed Greninja
How is it possible to outspeed it, if his greninja isnt scarfed... What am I missing? Doesnt Ash Greninja have a neutral speed nature ?
This question would be better suited for the OU SQT. To answer your question, Ash-Greninja can have a speed boosting nature

apokemontrainer68

Banned deucer.
Why isn't Vaporeon in the UU tier?
like what could have possibly made it drop to such a low tier.
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Acid Armor
- Aqua Ring
- Wish
(ps:it's not exactly mine)
So Vaporeon has access to reliable recovery and also some extra recovery with Aqua Ring and with Acid Armor it can raise it's physical defense to stall with Toxic like compared to Mantine this thing will survive longer due to it's naturally higher hp and also it's not 4x weak to electric moves like Mantine is and also Vaporeon can also fight back.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Acid Armor
- Aqua Ring
- Wish
So Vaporeon has access to reliable recovery and also some extra recovery with Aqua Ring and with Acid Armor it can raise it's physical defense to stall with Toxic like compared to Mantine this thing will survive longer due to it's naturally higher hp and also it's not 4x weak to electric moves like Mantine is and also Vaporeon can also fight back.
Cause something clicks taunt...

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Acid Armor
- Aqua Ring
- Wish
As HC said, this set is total taunt bait, plus it gives free switch ins to poweful setup sweepers such as BD Azumarril. Even disregarding this set, Vaporeon is outclassed by a variety of different water types in the tier. As a water-type wish passer it's outclassed by Alomomola, who not only can pass bigger wishes, but also has Regenerator to keep it healthy throughout the match. Vap might have more special attack, but not enough to count, and as a special attacker, Primarina and Suicune outclass it. Mantine also has Defog, which is hugely important.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Acid Armor
- Aqua Ring
- Wish
Even in Gen 6 despite it being UU, it was low in the VR cause it was outclassed by things then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)