SM UU Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Is there any circumstance where one would use sludge wave instead of bomb
Sludge wave is marginally more powerful and isn't blocked by bulletproof, which is an ability seen relatively often on kommo-o and always on the rare chesnaught. Overall, sludge wave is what you want to go with if it's your Poison-type STAB attack on offensive Pokemon like Nihilego, Gengar, and Salazzle for this reason. If not relying on it as STAB on an offensive Mon and not needing the marginal power increase, Sludge Bomb is generally preferred for the extra poison chance. Volcanion and Tentacruel generally prefer Sludge Bomb, for instance.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Sorry but since last tier update all my teams got deleted is this more generalized or is it a normal thing?
This isn't related to the tier shifts, I don't think. Did you recently clear your cookies or your browser history, or done anything that could have caused these to happen? These can cause teams to be deleted. In addition, make sure you're still using the same device to access PS as the one that your teams were on; teams are not saved to your account, but rather to your device's browser cookies.

No It is still on the same device, so I have zero idea why I havent cleaned my history and havent touched the cookies, well guess I am doing them again.

Does sheer force also remove negative effects like super powers attack and defense reduction
only the secondary effects, which typically come in the form of %'s to drop certain stats or inflicting a status of the pokemon you're using the move against. Anything like recoil, dropping your own stats, recharging, etc, is a primary effect, and isnt affected by sheer force.

Is it a good idea to give togekiss a Kings Rock?
To add on, there are other (aka better) items to give Togekiss like a Choice Scarf so it can outspeed and flinch hax more pokemon, but usually it runs leftovers for longevity seeing as Kiss main role is to provide support with moves like Defog, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell and roost then allows for recovery.

kings rock to any normal move is only 10% added chance i believe, and i dont know if that is even affected by serene grace in this case. and the only real way kings rock will always flinch is by using fling, which gets rid of the kings rock anyways.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Community Leader
King's Rock doesn't give an additional flinch chance to moves that already have a flinch chance. Don't use King's Rock togek as it's literally useless.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Personnaly LRJ87 I'm a big fan of Growth Venusaur-Mega but you can also play it with Synthesis + 3 Attacks or even with some EVs in Def/SpD if you want to take some specifics hits. It really depends of what you need and what you want.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Growth / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Hey, everyone! What's the current tier's best Venusaur check/counter? I keep trying to run Mega-Pidgeot to counter it to very little success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)