Smeargle's Studio's 11th Annual Secret Santa!

It's that time of the year again! We're a bit late with starting things up but we can't go on without our usual dose of Christmas spirit!

Drawing deadline: January 8th

Participating:
So, most of you should be aware of the concept of Secret Santa, an anonymous gift-giving; in our case, though the gifts are all replaced with images, so consider it a big, anonymous art trade! If you'd like to join in, make sure to send tiki, lydian, or Kaiju Bunny a private message on Smogon writing what you'd like somebody to draw for you. You can feel free to drop a post in this thread letting others know that you will be participating, but do keep in mind that sending a host a PM is a must. Sending in a request also means that you'll be drawing someone else's request as well, so please don't sign up if you don't think you'll be able to actually finish the drawing, because you're making things less enjoyable for others as well as making things more difficult for the hosts and helper elves. Don't do that. Anyways, once we reach the sign-up deadline you'll get a PM from a host containing the request you'll need to draw, which once it's completed, you need to send back to a host. Simple as that!

General Rules:
  • The request should be Pokemon-related - This is still a pokemon forum, so with that in mind crossovers are allowed as long as it's not too obscure.
  • No insane requests - You wouldn't want to be tortured by a mad request either, so don't do this to others. Keep it manageable.
  • The request/finished drawing must be sent via forum PM to tiki, lydian, or Kaiju Bunny - Letting us know on Discord won't do the trick, since we'll probably forget about it.
  • Do NOT tell anybody what request you got, or what request you sent - That's the whole point of Secret Santa after all!
  • Do not request anything questionable - Nothing explicitly sexual or violent. Those who attempt to slide past this rule will be banned from participating!
  • You may change your request at any time, until the sign-up deadline - So you don't have to tear your hair out thinking of something. Once the deadline for sign-ups has transpired, however, it's too late for any changes!
  • Get your drawing done - As I already pointed out, don't join if you can't actually finish your drawing in time. Someone is trying hard to finish up the drawing you requested, so try to respect their effort as well as the person whose request you received.
  • Digital and Traditional Art is allowed - In case you were wondering, traditional artwork is just fine as well!

If you're interested in being awesome by helping with covering for the flakes (the ones who don't get their images done), feel free to shoot me a PM.

Oh and don't hesitate to join if you don't think you're good or skilled enough to draw something. The effort is what matters the most, and we're not all art gods in the end. Just have fun and good luck!
Kaiju Bunny I didn't receive any answer from lydian. Is there some problem? Am I in?

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Day 1

The time has finally arrived! We had quite a few entries, so we'll be splitting these across a few days :blobthumbsup:
(This also gives time for peeps to finish up their pieces if they hadn't finished them already, pls don't flake :blobglare:)

To: LifeisDANK
D
e
l
i
b
i
r
b
1610119532939.png

To: Akumajou
id like a simple drawing of a pichu wearing a wintery hat outside drinking some hot cocoa or any miscellaneous hot beverage in a cup! ty in advance :3
1610120249527.png

To: Zephyr2007
Hey there, I'd love anything with Noivern for my secret santa gift :)
1610120414921.png

To: Ved-Tellub
For this Secret Santa I want a drawing of a littlest Metapod in a big rectangular grass field
1610120665390.png

To: Brumirage
Hm Mina and Rimbombee shiny :)
1610120820739.png

To: grimAuxiliatrix
for secret santa i'd like to request a drawing of the artist's favorite pokemon that's all 4 me thank you!!!!!!
1610120984814.png

To: Endwa1ker85
primal kyogre idk (yes i edited this like 4 or 5 times)
1610121170868.png

To: Archiiiie17
i would like someone to draw a megadiancie.
1610121379779.png

Huge thank you to all who made these amazing pieces! More gifts will be shown soon!!

Kaiju Bunny

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Day 2

Back for Day 2 with gifts!

To: Primal Ivysaur
All I want is a Salazzle cuddling an Ivysaur
1610292919073.png

To: OM
an ice cream-less Terrakion
1610293145109.png

1610293183731.png

To: Andy Mobile
Okay, so I want a Wobbufet above the roof of a blue and cobalt car
1610293681918.png

To: FantinaFan
I'd request a Pikachu wearing a silver bow and a Riolu with the treasure bag (from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky)
1610293862427.png

To: brzozod526
a Spinda enjoying some hot cocoa
1610294786429.png

To: IoNoFoAoMoOoUoS
This year for Summer Secret Santa I ask a Reshiram logo made by a stylized letter "i".
1610295516802.png

To: Mova
a Pichu with an elf hat eating a serving of Volcano Bakemeat
1610295758783.png

To: Most
I am happy with any drawing that includes shiny ho-oh.
1610296737737.png

Another big thank you to the wonderful artists who made these fantastic pieces! Expect the last batch of gifts to be shown tomorrow!

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lol Mova nice, I got you this year after you got me a few years ago.

Cretacerus let it now not be said that I only do Dadaist abominations. Sometimes I actually try to draw the Pokemon!

I wasn't sure whether to go with the scan version or the photo version. The scan is a bit clearer but also quite bright (the heatlines are hard to see) and there are some pixels missing in the left ear. Anyway, here's the photo version if you'd like to see it, feel free to choose which you like better:

Oh and also I didn't have pink, so I had to use orange. Could you tell? lol

EDIT: PS. love the clay OM very unique and creative. Reminds me of that series of Pokemon cards that used clay models instead of drawings. My brother does clay as well.

Last edited:

Kaiju Bunny

Art Leader
Day 3

And here we are, our final day of gift-giving!

To: Damnright
a cute Roggenrola and a cute Magnemite together
1610380442499.png

1610380527103.png

To: Violet
I'd like a holiday themed artwork featuring Rosa with Serperior, if the artist doesn't want to draw the snake I'd be happy with Braixen as well, thanks

To: MiniArchitect
For my request, could I get an Applin hiding in a pile of berries? Thanks!
1610381662210.png

To: capsav
A Gible wearing a santa hat (optionally any kind of trainer can be standing next to it if some users also want to draw a person; though they dont need to if it's too complicated)
1610381825745.png

To: leil
i'd like a miltank drawn.
1610381941696.png

To: Chloe
an octillery playing the saxophone
1610382032919.png

To: Const Print Puts
a desert landscape with mountains with a Solgaleo head as the sun on the left and a mulberry on the right
1610382158595.png

To: Hulavuta
This year, I would like Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 summoning a Shiny Gigantamax Charizard!
1610382254459.png

And that'll wrap up this year's Secret Santa! n.n y'all are wonderfully talented, and hope you enjoyed! Until next time! :blobwizard:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)