Smeargle's Studio's Seventh Annual Secret Santa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year again! We're a bit late with starting things up this time around but we can't go on without our usual dose of Christmas spirit.

Drawing deadline: CLOSED
Participating:
So, most of you should be aware of the concept of Secret Santa, an anonymous gift giving; in our case though the gifts are all replaced with images, so consider it a big, anonymous art trade! If you'd like to join in, make sure to send me a private message on smogon writing what you'd like somebody to draw for you. You can feel free to drop a post in this thread letting others know that you will be participating, but do keep in mind that sending me the PM is a must. Sending in a request also means that you'll be drawing someone else's request as well, so please don't sign up if you don't think you'll be able to actually finish the drawing, because you're making things less enjoyable for others as well as making things more difficult for me and helper elves. Don't do that. Anyways, once we reach the sign up deadline you'll get a PM from me containing the request you'll need to draw, which once it's completed you need to send back to me. Simple as that!

General Rules:
  • The request should be Pokemon-related - This is still a pokemon forum, so with that in mind crossovers are allowed as long as it's not too obscure.
  • No insane requests - You wouldn't want to be tortured by a mad request either, so don't do this to others. Keep it manageable.
  • The request/finished drawing must be sent via forum PM to me, Tikitik - Letting me know on Discord/IRC won't do the trick!
  • Do NOT tell anybody what request you got, or what request you sent - That's the whole point of Secret Santa after all!
  • Do not request anything questionable - Nothing explicitly sexual or violent. Those who attempt to slide past this rule will be banned from participating!
  • You may change your request at any time, until sign ups deadline - So you don't have to tear your hair out thinking of something. Once the deadline for sign ups has transpired, however, it's too late for any changes!
  • Get your drawing done - As I already pointed out, don't join if you can't actually finish your drawing in time. Someone is trying hard to finish up the the drawing you requested, so try to respect their effort as well as the person whose request you received.
  • Digital and Traditional Art is allowed - In case you were wondering, traditional artwork is just fine as well!

If you're interested in being awesome by helping with covering for the bastards who don't get their images done, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Oh and don't hesitate to join if you don't think you're good or skilled enough to draw something. The effort is what matters the most, and we're not all art gods in the end. Just have fun and good luck!

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Been waiting a whole year for this, I'm in.

As someone who doesn't frequent this forum, I don't feel like this was advertised very well like it was in previous years. I was really looking forward to being in it this year and was afraid I missed it when I just saw it mentioned in someone's VMs. I am extremely relieved to see that I'm not too late but still :pirate:

Been waiting a whole year for this, I'm in.

As someone who doesn't frequent this forum, I don't feel like this was advertised very well like it was in previous years. I was really looking forward to being in it this year and was afraid I missed it when I just saw it mentioned in someone's VMs. I am extremely relieved to see that I'm not too late but still :pirate:
Hula :D

While I don't disagree, do you have any ideas as to how we could better advertise this? Posting it on social media last year brought in more participants, but some of the peeps who joined the forum just for Secret Santa ended up flaking, so overexposure can be a bad thing.

EDIT: oops the social media thing was actually two years ago instead?

Yeah, last year's secret santa wasn't advertised either, and that's something that slipped my mind this time around as well. Outside of that though, I can't think of any other place where i could've additionally advertised the event so any possible ideas or advice is welcome. It's very much visible if you pop into the studio just once though.

As far as the difference between the success of the 2014's secret santa that was advertised and the others, I'm p sure it had a lot more people joining but a significant increase in flakes as well, so i guess that kind of exposure has it's downsides as well like pom said. Either way, we'll definitely have time to give this some thought so we know how to go about doing things next year.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What about seeing if we can put it on the headlines on the top of the site? Kinda hard to miss that.

edit: ah... just realized my idea was ninja'd. Rip me

The pms with requests have been sent out! In case you need any additional information about something or if you have any questions, feel free to let me know through the same pm. The deadline for finishing up your drawings is the end of december 20!

Thank you to everyone participating and get to woooork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)