Smocon Toronto '11 - August 5th to 7th - WON BY wait nvm

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What time out of towners are arriving on Friday would be good! I'm getting in around 7PM as I mentioned before.

ill try to come in at around the same time on friday, sometime around 7 PM

also there's a SSBM tournament at that A&C games place on saturday apparently

<umbreon_dan> i can choose between 4:45 and 8:40

i'm leaning toward 8:40, which should get me to the hotel by 9.

haha we should totally do that smash bros thing

They host many tournaments everyday at A&C, they have some open sessions too. The store itself is kinda nice, lots of old games available. Not that cheap though.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I went on a breeding binge to get 4 out of 6 pokes for my scratch little cup team. They have acceptable IV's thanks to the great ditto's I have and unending patience. I have never played little cup, and to be honest I haven't really played much competitive pokemon for a long time.

If we do to the Distillery District don't be surprised if I ditch everyone to go see The Glass Menagerie at Soulpepper. I am a theatre nerd and proud of it! I'll also try to bring some extra bus/subway tokens but depending on our amount of travel day passes may be preferable (I will probably be using one friday and sunday)

Looks like a great time, have fun everyone! Be sure to take lots of pictures/videos and actually post them unlike lame DM who has yet to even start his VGC warstory! =D

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Looks like a great time, have fun everyone! Be sure to take lots of pictures/videos and actually post them unlike lame DM who has yet to even start his VGC warstory! =D
BITCH I'VE BEEN BUSY

let's see you write a gigantic story while working and studying for the MPRE and trying to have fun during an overall shitty summer

if I make it Saturday, it'll be somewhere in the afternoon, well before dinner

gk

mighty
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I dunno if I'll be done work at a reasonable time on friday anymore, so I might not be able to make it down tomorrow night for sure, sat and sun are looking clear though.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GOD DAMN IT there's a Little Cup tournament??????? I really wish I could come party with you guys this weekend, if not for the camaraderie for the hot-and-heavy Little Cup action.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Instead of finding a team today I fell asleep. Does anyone actually have Pokemon to use? Maybe we should do something else Sunday... We'll figure that out tomorrow / Saturday I guess.

So I have no idea what any of you guys look like and I don't have a picture of myself, so I'll just post a picture of the t-shirt I'll be wearing. <_<

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
who doesn't have a picture of themselves on the internet

are you the real ggfan or something

who doesn't have a picture of themselves on the internet

are you the real ggfan or something
lol all my pics are severely outdated or just really bad quality that you won't be able to make out my face. I also had a habit of dodging pictures so ya...=[

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have 4/6 little cup pokes right now. Which is really pathetic. I cannot for the life of me get one poke with the right nature/ability.

We don't have to go but you guys can be my groupies. I understand that the long amount of time will probably suck if not many are playing.

Also I'll be the tall white guy carrying around a black and yellow bag and orange beads.

i just dont want a pic of my face on the internet, im afraid my closet nerdiness will be discovered

btw im doing taste of danforth friday night, last call at 4 am (!!!!!!) so i will probably be shitfaced. i'll be crashing at a friend's place who lives right next to greek town so i can make it over pretty easily saturday afternoon, assuming im not too fucked to do it or dont sleep in until really late :p

btw umbreon dan how old are you? you like really young

Don't worry, we've been getting lots of 'storms' this week, they last for like an hour and dry up pretty quick

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am not sure id be down for the tour of Toronto since I have already seen all of that wonderful stuff, but I will come for late evening/night for sure. Should we take down numbers for texting or what? How will I find you guys.

tried to PM umbreon DANIEL about this, but his inbox is full so um

there's a pretty good chance I can make an appearance on saturday? my brother can drive me up to spend the afternoon, but he doesn't have to come with me hahah. I'm probably gonna go to the Eaton's center for some shopping beforehand. any chance someone could contact me with some directions to the hotel area and such? Much appreciated

also, in and out of the closet stoners, get ready (:

message firestorm, hes handling all the contact info stuff

He also posted the directions to the hotel and the mock plans for saturday, the hotel is pretty close to king station so you can prob walk it from eatons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)