Smocon Toronto '11 - August 5th to 7th - WON BY wait nvm

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh MAN snakes and lattes is an awesome place dont know why I didnt think of that for smocon.

I always think to myself "man I wish I had a huge group of nerdy-inclined gamers to go to that place with and just blow like 8 hours" and I missed out on my chance, fuck!

Hey all. Dunno if I'll start posting super consistently (as I promised with more than a few drinks in me on Saturday), but I'll do my best because god damn... great meetup.

Just a fun time overall. Having not posted in around 2 years, not recognizing half of the people's usernames, only personally knowing Jackal, not being that active a poster myself- none of that mattered. I don't want to reiterate Jackal's "internet irl" points, but yeah, a lot of them apply for me too.

ivar, thanks for coaching me at melee, I will make you proud one day.

I probably talked both gk and Brain's ears off about school and shit, but it was really interesting for me to get your perspectives, guys.

Wish I could have come down on Sunday, but it turns out that being late Saturday due to discussions of the indie-leaning nature made my dad pretty angry = no more free taxi service :( Snakes and Lattes is always a good time.

P.S. DM, you suggested I listen to a band that I can't remember because Car Bomb. Hopefully you remember which one?

Look forward to the next SmoCon! (that I can afford to go to)

EDIT - i guess my avatar isn't current with the world cup of pokemans... awkward!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks everyone for showing up and making this awesome =) Didn't quite expect this turnout when I made this topic and I'm glad I got to see so many people in the area before heading back west!

ps: cloud sux

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Fucking worst time for a smocon god I swear.

We then went to Starbucks and formulated a plan to meet gk and ivysaur, I picked up some Loukomades along the way, they are Greek donut like honey balls with cinnamon and the best thing ever.

Gah and you got the terrible lukes too
why didn't you go to athens??? sooo much better
Unless athens started doing styrofoam things for totd, but athena is right next to starbucks and if you got it from there I promise you missed out.

Man, looking back on this it doesn't even seem like it happened. It was so surreal.

I was initially really nervous to be meeting you guys, and I was thinking like "shit man they're on the way I can't back out of this now oh shiiiiittt" (hence why I was like, power smoking outside lmfao) but it was a lot more comfortable than I thought it was going to be from the start. Thanks for not being completely awkward people! I would definitely consider another Smocon, and maybe you know.. stay more than a few hours hahah. If it weren't a friends birthday that day, I would have totally stayed longer

Special thanks to the trio of cool guys who came to the vape lounge. ivar just put it best when he said we "got our smog on" up there hahaha. Probably the most relevant pun ever, I think you had to be there for it to be as funny as it was. And UD for getting lost in Toronto with me. We make the best tourists ever!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Man, looking back on this it doesn't even seem like it happened. It was so surreal.
that's probably because you were stoned for 95% of it

Ripchord, we had a lengthy music discussion and many names were dropped so it's impossible for me to pick out just one I may have recommended, but I think I yelled at someone for not having early Minus the Bear. Wait, no, that was Jackal. Dammit. Was it Efterklang, the spacy stuff I was playing? Gregor Samsa? Ugh, I hate not knowing.

honestly maybe smoking at the smocon wasn't the best idea especially when we didn't really know where we were going

still, that lounge..............

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah when you are with people you just met (even though we know each other its kind of still like we just met) smoking makes you speak less and drinking makes you speak more... a lot more.

that's why i opted for the latter.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
There are some nice canadian outs in those last couple of videos. Just to make sure we realise this isnt america.

yeah when you are with people you just met (even though we know each other its kind of still like we just met) smoking makes you speak less and drinking makes you speak more... a lot more.

that's why i opted for the latter.
haha not me at the hotel before the irish pub

that's probably because you were stoned for 95% of it

Ripchord, we had a lengthy music discussion and many names were dropped so it's impossible for me to pick out just one I may have recommended, but I think I yelled at someone for not having early Minus the Bear. Wait, no, that was Jackal. Dammit. Was it Efterklang, the spacy stuff I was playing? Gregor Samsa? Ugh, I hate not knowing.
Efterklang sticks out...

NOW YOU KNOW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)