Smogon Awards 2016: Nomination Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i voted->save and it went to a page that wasn't available(and i didn't take screenshot cos i suck) and now when i go back to "Awards" it's all blank ._.
I'm a little confused by the page unavailable. Maybe my server died briefly? I encourage people to save regularly though. You can save as many times as you need to this year.

Afaik the only way this happens is if you didn't check the stay logged in box.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This XenForo thing is really busted... works with none of my browsers. And I'm not clearing cookies to fix it... any other way to vote or nah?
If it was going to work, the other browser should've done it. I've reported the error and I'm hoping to hear back soon. If it's not fixed closer to the time that nominations are closing, we'll look into an alternative.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
I'm a little confused by the page unavailable. Maybe my server died briefly? I encourage people to save regularly though. You can save as many times as you need to this year.

Afaik the only way this happens is if you didn't check the stay logged in box.
I checked i was loged in....

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
There's a button you can click when entering your credentials prior to logging in that asks if you want to stay logged in. The reason for that is that if you use a private computer, you don't need to constantly log in. It saves your credentials via cookies and thus, when logging into the voting site, it cross checks the forums for those cookies. If you didn't click that button (this happened to me as well), you won't be able to log in. Hope this helps anyone having trouble.

Toast++

The bug hasn't actually been fixed but I found the cause and came up with a workaround. So, as far as everyone here is concerned, it's fixed.

The workaround is being put into place now but it's applying individually across a ridiculous number of users so it may be up to an hour before it actually gets to everyone. Give it til at least then before you yell at me that something isn't working. :P

Commence nominations, all ye who have yet to sign in.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The bug hasn't actually been fixed but I found the cause and came up with a workaround. So, as far as everyone here is concerned, it's fixed.

The workaround is being put into place now but it's applying individually across a ridiculous number of users so it may be up to an hour before it actually gets to everyone. Give it til at least then before you yell at me that something isn't working. :P

Commence nominations, all ye who have yet to sign in.
This is why you should go nom him as best programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)