Smogon Chess Tournament - connoisseur wins!

well the deadline is technically up, but since most of you seem to be putting in a good effort to get your games done, i'll wait until tomorrow when i talk to ete before we end this round.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Well i figured it was pointless to answer since the time you suggested had already passed....

And as i said, im available pretty much anytime.... i.e. 24/7. So please, be reasonable, and propose a REASONABLE time

I hate being the critic, but you could've done this match over several days. Time isn't the issue. Shouldn't we move on to round 2? People have had more than enough time to arrange a match.

kakth vs CN and reachzero vs fireburn both get extensions because of players who recently subbed in.

the rest of you need to hurry the fuck up. especially -mind- and polelover44. you guys activity posted within an hour of each other so timezones clearly isn't an issue.

you have two more days as of now before we start giving people the boot.

3 things.

1. were we supposed to be the colour under the column that are name was under

2. if possible and me and my opponent agree on it can we have matches that are first to be leading after an even number of matches. What i mean is if i draw white and win I feel like it wasnt fair because I had the better side for a 1 match tourney. So I play white and my opponent plays white and if I win and draw then i Win, but if i win and lose we go through the 2 games until there is a clear winner.

3 this is the first of my last 4 tournaments on smogon where i have one my first match :D

3 things.

1. were we supposed to be the colour under the column that are name was under

2. if possible and me and my opponent agree on it can we have matches that are first to be leading after an even number of matches. What i mean is if i draw white and win I feel like it wasnt fair because I had the better side for a 1 match tourney. So I play white and my opponent plays white and if I win and draw then i Win, but if i win and lose we go through the 2 games until there is a clear winner.

3 this is the first of my last 4 tournaments on smogon where i have one my first match :D
1. yes.

2. if you want to sure but i dont know why you would. the first move advantage is marginal and the player who had white is going to be using black with a different opponent in the next round and vice versa

3. gj

fuck. I was under the white column and ended up playing black as me and my opponent flipped a coin to determine it. and the white advantage is pretty noticable on a player like me

i need to talk to ete before anything happens. you will likely be able to sub in.

a bunch of you are complaining about timezones making games difficult. would it help if i paired you up with different opponents?

If timezones are a problem you guys should use www.redhotpawn.com - it's a correspondence chess site so games don't have to be finished in one session. People could just move whenever they are online, and obviously if both players are online the game can still be played just like on a real-time site.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Reachzero and I are gonna shoot for Sunday afternoon, but I would ask that you give him the win IF we can't do it as that is the only I chance I can play and I'd rather not want this round to drag on any longer because of me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)