Sports Smogon Fantasy Basketball: 21-22 Edition

Since the regular season starts on Oct. 19th, I think right now is probably a good time to start gathering people for fantasy drafts. I know there are a couple of legacy Smogon leagues floating around, so I'm going to tag Mizuno to see if they could handle that.

If the legacy leagues are inactive/don't have space, I'm more than happy to commish a new league.

Fantasy sports Discord link: https://discord.gg/x7hxQJdN

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Fyi Americans, Saturday night your time / Sunday morning my time your time works best for me. I've got a pretty stacked weekend and two drafts already scheduled

Keeper league stuff:

Tagging players from the past year to confirm: Scofield, Stallion, Del Rio, Ghost_Chill, cb aaron judge, Celticpride, trikx_insane, DiscoDucky, Lord Ninjax

If anyone else is interested in participating in the league, let me know and we will see if there is room.

I have tentatively set draft time to Sunday morning (US time), but can also set it to Friday or Saturday night. Would like to hear what everyone thinks.

Returning players, please remember to set your keepers ASAP. Currently they have to be set before this Friday.

Rules for reference:

1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1. Lets call this the Keeper Value.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year. (Keeper Value = 5)
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years (lets call this the Keeper Contract). If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
  6. Any player kept that was not drafted the year before counts as giving up the very last pick.
  7. The Keeper Contract (i.e. the amount of time a team can keep a player) will transfer when a trade is made and will remain even if a player is dropped.
    Example: Team X has kept J.J. Barea for 1 year. Team X trades him to Team Y. Team Y can only keep him one more year.
    Example: Team X has dropped Danilo Gallinari, who has been kept already 1 year using the 7th round pick. Team Y can pick him up and keep him one more year at the cost of the 6th round pick of the next draft.

Last edited:
Keeper league stuff:

Tagging players from the past year to confirm: Scofield, Stallion, Del Rio, Ghost_Chill, cb aaron judge, Celticpride, trikx_insane, DiscoDucky, Lord Ninjax

If anyone else is interested in participating in the league, let me know and we will see if there is room.

I have tentatively set draft time to Sunday morning (US time), but can also set it to Friday or Saturday night. Would like to hear what everyone thinks.

Returning players, please remember to set your keepers ASAP. Currently they have to be set before this Friday.

Rules for reference:

2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1. Lets call this the Keeper Value.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year. (Keeper Value = 5)
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years (lets call this the Keeper Contract). If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
  6. Any player kept that was not drafted the year before counts as giving up the very last pick.
  7. The Keeper Contract (i.e. the amount of time a team can keep a player) will transfer when a trade is made and will remain even if a player is dropped.
    Example: Team X has kept J.J. Barea for 1 year. Team X trades him to Team Y. Team Y can only keep him one more year.
    Example: Team X has dropped Danilo Gallinari, who has been kept already 1 year using the 7th round pick. Team Y can pick him up and keep him one more year at the cost of the 6th round pick of the next draft.
Is this under "Smogon Shooty-Hoops" or "Smogon Fantasy Basketball"? I have a team listed under my account that's 100% different from what I had before.

Keeper league stuff:

Rules for reference:

Current time/date works fine for me. If we have to change it, any time Sunday night (CST) would be difficult for me to make.

Unless someone wants to take over redraft commish, probably not gonna renew it seeing as it's a hassle to find fill-ins for inactives every year

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah i'm in for keeper league, out for redraft (not as much free time as last year during lockdown)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Keeper league stuff:

Rules for reference:

Also who are our eligible keepers? Can't recall now!

Keeper league stuff:

Rules for reference:

confirming and set keepers

Current draft time is 1am on a Tuesday. Any chance of making it 8 hours later but on a Sunday for me / Saturday for you?
We can make it Saturday night (Sunday your time). I probably won’t be able to make it, but I don’t mind if it works for everyone else.

As for keepers, you can keep anyone that hasn’t been kept twice in a row (or once for first round picks the previous year). I recommend checking the previous year draft results (you can change the standings section in the main page to All-Time and click on the year); anyone with a K next to the name means it was kept that year.

Stallion

Tree Young
We can make it Saturday night (Sunday your time). I probably won’t be able to make it, but I don’t mind if it works for everyone else.

As for keepers, you can keep anyone that hasn’t been kept twice in a row (or once for first round picks the previous year). I recommend checking the previous year draft results (you can change the standings section in the main page to All-Time and click on the year); anyone with a K next to the name means it was kept that year.
Locked in my keepers:

Jaren Jackson Jr for a 6th.
Anunoby for an 8th
Stewart for a last.

Anyway yeah Sunday morning my time / Saturday night your time would be amazing for me.

Last edited:

Scofield

is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Locked in my keepers:

Harden for a 1st
Anunoby for an 8th
Stewart for a last.

Anyway yeah Sunday morning my time / Saturday night your time would be amazing for me.
you already kept harden for a year, he's not eligible

Scofield

congrats to Mizuno!

fun season everyone, my only suggestion: seems like player rest days are ramping up earlier and earlier in the season, I'd like to move the playoffs up a week or 2 earlier to combat this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)