Playoffs Smogon Grand Slam IV - Play-offs - No Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
is this just going to be a never ending witch hunt to find who was ghosted by who

like seriously just leave bouff alone he deserves this no need to ruin it by showering him with misconceptions and rudeness

also no i do not think bouff was ghosted

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ghosted or not, ironical and not surprising to dice in this situation
werent you the one giving lessons to the whole community not too long ago lmfao ?

some quotes because it's really just too good
it's well known that a lot of top players use skype, and listing out all of these would be both accusatory and a waste of time. if you are so insulted by this that you believe i need to list names, i feel as though you should rethink the way you play your games.
i just want a way to return to the old-style 1 dude duking it out game. does anyone actually think ghosting makes games more exciting to play or watch?
i want a method to counteract the culture of ghosting
i guess i didnt have to wait too long to see this one coming right back at you

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The TD team has received proof that Bouff was ghosted in Grand Slam IV. When confronted with the evidence, Bouff admitted to the wrongdoing.

Related to this, we've also gathered circumstantial evidence that we deem to be enough to convict dice of ghosting Bouff. We have proof that dice has admitted to ghosting Bouff, posted previously in this thread. We also have confirmations from both Bouff and dice that said logs are authentic. We do not have a log of dice ghosting Bouff, but because we have 1. proof that Bouff was ghosted, 2. an admission from dice that he ghosted Bouff, 3. an admission from dice that the logs where he said he ghosted Bouff were real, and 4. an admission from Bouff that said logs were authentic, we believe that we have just grounds to say that dice ghosted Bouff.

Bouff will be stripped of his Grand Slam IV trophy.
Both Bouff and dice will be infracted and tournament banned for 6 months.

There will be no winner of Grand Slam IV. The TD team has decided to cancel the tournament. We've reached this decision due to a combination of factors:

1. The integrity of the tournament has been heavily compromised. Two straight winners have been discovered to be ghosted in their run towards the trophy, and there's plenty of rumors about other playoff contestants being ghosted as well.

2. The metagames that Grand Slam IV consisted of have been changed multiple times over since the second playoff bracket was finished, let alone since the first bracket was finished. It is not a feasible solution to make players (re)learn metagames that haven't been played for several months, but nor is it appealing to finish the tournament with a format that does not resemble the formats that were played by the contestants to qualify, due to the changes that many of the relevant metagames have seen with rises, drops, bans and releases.

3. It's been almost ten months since the first Open started in Grand Slam IV, and almost half a year since the first playoffs started. Meanwhile Grand Slam V is scheduled to start within two months. This also makes it unappealing to reboot the tournament.

Moving forward, the TD team will engage in discussions regarding Grand Slam as a tournament and whether to make any changes to it, replace it or remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)