Smogon "Nobel" Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon rewards top tier players that do well on ladders or tournaments, however, I don't really see many people celebrated for either creating new tools for the ease of teambuilding or for advances in theorymon, teambuilding theory, or metagame analysis.

Smogon in of itself is a very academic-oriented community to a certain degree. Due the heavy reliance on statistics, interactions between one member and another, and of course the sheer number of members in the community, its metagame is more analytical than any other RPG out there. Furthermore, through lurking on different parts of the forums, I've seen members write up full-length formal justifications of points in an argument. All of the analysis and reasoning behind this should not go to waste and should be celebrated.

Thus, much like the Nobel prize, awards should be given to players who demonstrate mastering in analytical and logical reasoning that provides the Smogon community steps to advance forward. Although this is just a very rough idea and thus needs to be polished up, I believe that this will be a great addition to the line of smogon awards to celebrate innovative thinking and reasoning in the metagame.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna focus on this point.
Furthermore, through lurking on different parts of the forums, I've seen members write up full-length formal justifications of points in an argument. All of the analysis and reasoning behind this should not go to waste and should be celebrated.
This, sir, is a really good point. But hard work does not go unnoticed, and people are rewarded for this very thing quite often. The community contributor badge was created to reward stuff like that. Here's the badge FAQ if you'd like to know more, written by our very own mormon Redew
It's not at all hard or even uncommon to get badges around this place in recent years as this site has grown and grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)