Other SMOGON NOMIC (PROPOSAL PHASE 18)

Proposal: Discussion Phase
A discussion phase will occur after the proposal phase and before the voting phase. The purpose of this phase is to allow time for the discussion of recently proposed rules and to allow the author a chance to amend their rule by PM'ing both Internet and Acidphoenix their changes. This amendment can only be done once during the discussion phase per player. Players who failed to take action during the proposal phase may not submit a proposal, and any votes or opinions cast during this phase do not carry over to the voting phase.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have nothing against a discussion phase, but it's entirely allowed to make posts discussing the game during the proposal and voting phases

Sorry guys, our state had torrential rainstorms over the last week and we had a drastic flood condition. So there was power cut and internet was down for the last few days.

The game seems to have completed a phase, I will try to get upto speed or will request to sub out.

Edit: Sorry guys, not sure if I can be fairly active.

Mods, please sub me out of this. Apologies!

Last edited:
Proposal: RULES SHMULES
each player gets 1 free pass for the entire game to completely 100% ignore 1 rule. This can be done by starting your post/pm in which you are breaking a rule with RULES SHMULES. It is up to the hosts to keep track of who has used their RULES SHMULES pass. The core game rules cannot be ignored (sections 1-3)

not part of proposal
i really support a 1 winner rule - backstabbing your fellow cabal members is the most fun you can have in a game! cooperation should only be temporary!

Last edited:

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Proposals thus far:

PROPOSAL: DREAM JOURNAL

If you have a cool dream, either crazy or mundane, whatever, then you're obligated to share your morphotic experience with the rest of us! =]
PROPOSAL: AMENDMENTS AND REPEALING

During the proposal phase, instead of a new rule, one may propose to make an amendment to a rule or repeal one, following the same rules as making a rule. This allows rules with rather high numbers to be easily amended without getting a large number of votes, and makes sure that past rules aren't entirely permanent.
PROPOSAL: RULE REWARD

During the voting phase, each player, along with their votes, must submit their own personal "rule ranking" list, ranking which rules from the last proposal phase (The rules that they are currently voting on) they think are the best. Voting will be in ascending order, so 1 is the rule said player thinks is the best, followed by 2 which would be lesser than 1. In order for your proposal votes to be counted, you have to submit your rankings. At the end of the voting phase, the hosts will count the votes and award 10 points to the person who proposed the best vote, and five points to the person who proposed the second best vote. In the event of a tie, the points will be split as evenly as possible between the winning parties, using fractions, not decimals, to divide points.
PROPOSAL: 1 Champion

There can be only 1 winner at this end of this game. If there is a state where 2 players or more fulfill the winning conditions at the same time the game is not over until 1 player is left still fulfilling the winning conditions.
Proposal: Discussion Phase
A discussion phase will occur after the proposal phase and before the voting phase. The purpose of this phase is to allow time for the discussion of recently proposed rules and to allow the author a chance to amend their rule by PM'ing both Internet and Acidphoenix their changes. This amendment can only be done once during the discussion phase per player. Players who failed to take action during the proposal phase may not submit a proposal, and any votes or opinions cast during this phase do not carry over to the voting phase.
Proposal: RULES SHMULES
each player gets 1 free pass for the entire game to completely 100% ignore 1 rule. This can be done by starting your post/pm in which you are breaking a rule with RULES SHMULES. It is up to the hosts to keep track of who has used their RULES SHMULES pass. The core game rules cannot be ignored (sections 1-3)

not part of proposal
i really support a 1 winner rule - backstabbing your fellow cabal members is the most fun you can have in a game! cooperation should only be temporary!
Proposal: Losing Condition
A player that achieve to have 100 negative points lose the game.
I can't currently communicate with acidphoenix , so I can't check if he got any PMs I did not. I would hope so, because only 9 out of 15 players have taken an action in the thread. For this reason, I have decided to extend the current phase until I can communicate with phoenix.

ButteredToast
Pidge
Fortune
Exeggutor
Walrein
Ullar
More Cowbell

If anyone only communicated with phoenix, I would like to stress that it's important to communicate your actions with me too.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
PROPOSAL: Stricter Activity
Every time a player does not post in a Nomic thread for an entire Proposal and Voting Phase, that player loses 10 points. Players may go into negative points.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
so i literally slept for 12 hours oops

WALREIN'S PROPOSAL: DEAD RULE WALKIN'

Any rule that has been superseded by a rule that was later passed shall be removed from the list of rules and added to a list of obsolete rules for simplicity's sake. Should the superseding rule be repealed or amended in such a way that the original rule regains validity, it shall be moved back to the main rules list.

I just figure this'll make it easier to figure out what's in effect and what's not.

PROPOSAL PHASE OVER. due to inactivity, Fortune will be removed from the game, and a sub may be searched for. Also Gale Wing Srock by request.

Exeggutor has missed two phases, and must take activity this phase or risk being subbed out.
you know how to vote ;; majority is seven

LIST OF PROPOSALS:
Thetwinmasters: 1 Champion
There can be only 1 winner at this end of this game. If there is a state where 2 players or more fulfill the winning conditions at the same time the game is not over until 1 player is left still fulfilling the winning conditions.

Walrein: DEAD RULE WALKIN'
Any rule that has been superseded by a rule that was later passed shall be removed from the list of rules and added to a list of obsolete rules for simplicity's sake. Should the superseding rule be repealed or amended in such a way that the original rule regains validity, it shall be moved back to the main rules list.

I just figure this'll make it easier to figure out what's in effect and what's not.

Pidge: Stricter Activity
Every time a player does not post in a Nomic thread for an entire Proposal and Voting Phase, that player loses 10 points. Players may go into negative points.

Izhuark: Losing Condition
A player that achieve to have 100 negative points lose the game.

Leethoof: RULES SHMULES
each player gets 1 free pass for the entire game to completely 100% ignore 1 rule. This can be done by starting your post/pm in which you are breaking a rule withRULES SHMULES. It is up to the hosts to keep track of who has used their RULES SHMULES pass. The core game rules cannot be ignored (sections 1-3)

ButteredToast: Discussion Phase

brightobject: DREAM JOURNAL
I
f you have a cool dream, either crazy or mundane, whatever, then you're obligated to share your morphotic experience with the rest of us! =]

Phione: AMENDMENTS AND REPEALING

During the proposal phase, instead of a new rule, one may propose to make an amendment to a rule or repeal one, following the same rules as making a rule. This allows rules with rather high numbers to be easily amended without getting a large number of votes, and makes sure that past rules aren't entirely permanent.

sunny004: RULE REWARD
During the voting phase, each player, along with their votes, must submit their own personal "rule ranking" list, ranking which rules from the last proposal phase (The rules that they are currently voting on) they think are the best. Voting will be in ascending order, so 1 is the rule said player thinks is the best, followed by 2 which would be lesser than 1. In order for your proposal votes to be counted, you have to submit your rankings. At the end of the voting phase, the hosts will count the votes and award 10 points to the person who proposed the best vote, and five points to the person who proposed the second best vote. In the event of a tie, the points will be split as evenly as possible between the winning parties, using fractions, not decimals, to divide points.

Tally:
thetwinmasters: 5/8
butteredtoast: 4/8
pidge: 8/8 - passed
izhuark: 5/8
walrein: 10/8 - passed
brightobject: 3/8 (CANNOT PASS at this point)
Phione: 8/8 - passed
sunny004: 0/8 (CANNOT PASS)
leethoof: 2/8 (CANNOT PASS at this point)

Last edited:

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
And thus, my short break from Smogon has ended!

Thetwinmasters: [YES]
ButteredToast: [NO]
Pidge: [YES]
Izhuark: [YES]
Walrein: [YES]
brightobject: [NO]
Phione: [YES]
Sunny004: [NO]
Leethoof: [YES]

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Izhuark: [NO]
brightobject: [YES]
Leethoof: [NO]

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
ButteredToast: [YES]

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thetwinmasters: [NO]
ButteredToast: [YES]
Izhuark: [YES]
brightobject: [YES]

oh hey I wasn't tagged

Pidge: [NO]
Phione: [NO] (seems redundant, couldn't I just make a rule that says: The meaning of rule 209108 is altered to be this) ?

tldr:
NO RULES ALLOWED

oh hey I wasn't tagged

Pidge: [NO]
Phione: [NO] (seems redundant, couldn't I just make a rule that says: The meaning of rule 209108 is altered to be this) ?

tldr:
NO RULES ALLOWED
Except that the rules wouldn't be able to overrule past rules due to their higher numbers.

Except that the rules wouldn't be able to overrule past rules due to their higher numbers.
just to clarify, older rules are the ones with lower numbers, since each voting phase goes to the lowest unused number, whereas all current rules have 1/2/3 numbering, so these rules' 5.x numbering will overrule them

Deadline!

As per Rule 3.4, Exeggutor is no longer a player in the game. Additionally, if sunny004 and brightobject do not act within the next two phases, they will be removed from the game.

As per Rule 3.3, Pidge, Walrein, and Phione all have their rules passed.

As per rule 3.5, the above rules are enacted as 5.1, 5.3, and 5.2 respectively.

As per the new rule 5.1, if sunny004 and brightobject fail to act this Proposal Phase, they will lose 10 points.

PROPOSAL PHASE SIX ENDS IN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS.

please propose rules everybody and then vote everybody

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)