Other SMOGON NOMIC (PROPOSAL PHASE 18)

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
PROPOSAL: Roll to Dodge

My Rtd game in firebot has fallen, and bumping it now would likely land me in firebansville again. So let's add a mechanic from it. Each player can choose a user to target with this once in the entire game. Then, the host rolls a 1d6 "Roll to Dodge" for this target, with the following results:
1 - [DEAD] The target loses ALL of their points. If they have negative points, their point total is doubled. Ouch!
2 - [MUTILATED] The target loses half of their points. (round down) If they have negative points, multiply their total by 1.5 (also round down)
3 - [INJURED] The target loses one quarter of their points. (round down) If they have negative points, multiply their total by 1.25 (also round down)
4 - [MISS] No effect
5 - [STAGGER] The target is now more aware of attacks and is immune to other attempts of this action targeted towards them for the rest of this and the next cycle
6 - [COUNTER] The target gains a free use of this action that is then immediately used on the player who targeted them, forcing THEM to Roll to Dodge
PROPOSAL: Maybe this will open up some options for later
Each player gains 10 hit points at the time of this rule's passage. There is no cap to how many hit points a player can have. If a player's hit points reach zero, they lose all of their points and can no longer gain hit points.
Proposal: meat
If a player votes no on a proposal relating to "explain yourself if you vote no on proposals" it counts as a yes. This rule counts as in effect for the voting phase it is voted in.
Rule proposal : Base Decks
There are 4 shuffled classic 54 card deck (4 suits (heart, spade,club,Diamond) + 2 joker(one red and one black))
Player must start with 5 cards each by drawing them starting from the top player on the list.
Drawing features and playing features will be decided in later rules.
Effects of the cards will be decided in later rules BUT a player to add or change effect of cards must affect a whole suit or a whole value in their proposal (eg : all the jacks or all the spades). Exception : Jokers effect can be changed freely in a proposal
Rules can't make themselves active from any zones other than the rulelist though, which acidphoenix needs to update already, god damn it

Proposal: Bottom Gurl

Everyone currently in this game (Excluding sunny004, otherwise this rule wouldn't make any sense), and any new players entering this game must change (or add to) their signature to:

I am sunny004's bottom girl. Put this in your sig if you are too.

Players that fail to do so will lose ten (10) points each phase that they are in violation of this rule.
Proposal: Four Kingdoms
On passage, every player must announce their affiliation to one of the four eukaryote kingdoms: animals, plants, fungi, and protists. Their avatar must reflect this. The effects on gameplay will be decided in future resolutions.
Proposal: Passcode
When this proposal is passed, each player must PM the host(s) a 6 digit number; this is their passcode. This passcode may be used in the future. Future players must create a passcode and send the hosts it as well.
Proposal: xD

saying xD is banned once this rule is passed. Saying it results in the loss of 5 points (per use).
Proposal: Idling
Should a player choose not to post a rule during the proposal phase, they may opt to idle the round by posting their intentions in the thread. Players cannot choose to idle in the voting phase. Should a player idle, they will not incur any penalties for inactivity.
Thetwinmasters 2 points
PokeguyNXB 2 points
ButteredToast 2 points
Pidge 2 points
Izhuark 2 points
Walrein 2 points
Da Letter El 2 points
Leethoof 2 points
Phione 2 points
brightobject 2 points
sunny004 2 points
More Cowbell -8 points and appears to not have taken action, so he lost 10 points

VOTING BEGINS

If I mucked anything up notify me as soon as possible.

Last edited:
ButteredToast [YES]
Phione [NO] I like the idea, but the groups need a little work and I feel that it's not a developed enough proposal. There should be a member cap to a group or a random distribution of people. I'm also worried how forced team play will affect voting and proposals. If there is enough active members in one group, they could pass a rule to eliminate everyone outside of their group, or pick groups off one by one while working with other groups. Nice idea, but too early.
PokeguyNXB [NO] There isn't a way to add points, only subtract them from people to create a game to go on forever. It's also entirely luck dependent. Needs a lot more work, and i feel we can introduce this dynamic later to support gameplay instead of basing game play off of it.
Leethoof [NO] This has been proposed and denied NUMEROUS times and needs to be moved on from. It's not supported by the current player base. If those who support this measure tried to actually create discussion and put effort into well thought out rules, we might not be at an impasse.
Izhuark [NO] Card games worry me in the sense that over the internet, how are we going to enforce/verify who has cards and what cards. And why are cards needed? This seems better suited for an irl game than an internet game, and also seems far too complex to create for my liking with needing to make rules for suits, numbers, combos, etc. Activity is not high enough to create AND support this game IMHO.
sunny004 [NO]
Pidge [NO] Seems more like a pure luck game than a skill/strategy game.
BrightObject[NO]
Walrein [YES]

Just a heads up, if people are going to call me out for voting no on every idea, that's fine but it's not going to warrant a response from me in the least. Doing nothing is better than passing a bad rule in my books and these all look like bad/incomplete rules to me. We need more group discussion of direction/ideas like DLE tried to manufacture instead of agreeing to under discussed rules.

Last edited:
ButteredToast [YES]
Phione [YES]
PokeguyNXB [NO]
Leethoof [YES]
Izhuark [YES]
sunny004 [YES]
Pidge [YES]
BrightObject [NO] xd xd xd xd
Walrein [YES]

Looks like whining about it enough makes someone explain themselves anyways. Objective achieved!

A lot of these rules are great starts to a real game, which is why i shitposted a rule because the existing ones were already a good selection. They don't have to be standalone games in themselves, that's why we keep adding rules. If you have a minor complaint or addendum, vote yes and then propose it next round as a rule because that's how this game works.

Last edited:

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
ButteredToast [YES]
Phione [NO] (i leik my avi ;__;)
PokeguyNXB [YES]
Leethoof [NO]
Izhuark [YES]
sunny04 [YES] (already have it anyway by terms of that one diplomacy game's treaty)
Pidge [YES]
brightobject [NO] (XD is not to be suppressed!!!)
Walrein [YES]

Last edited:
ButteredToast [YES] (This is actually already in the rules)
Phione [NO]
PokeguyNXB [YES]
Leethoof [YES]
Izhuark [NO]
sunny004 [YES]
Pidge [YES]
BrightObject[YES]
Walrein [YES]

Last edited:

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ButteredToast [YES]
Phione [YES]
PokeguyNXB [NO]
Leethoof [NO]
Izhuark [YES]
sunny004 [NO]
Pidge [YES]
BrightObject [YES]
Walrein [NO]

Last edited:

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
ButteredToast [YES] - I assume this means that a declaration of being idle can only happen in the proposal phase but that it effects the voting phase?
Phione [NO]
PokeguyNXB [NO]
Leethoof [NO]
Izhuark [NO]
sunny004 [YES]
Pidge [NO]
BrightObject [YES]
Walrein [YES] - Of all the actual game suggestions, this one seems best to me so far, and we can ignore it if we want to.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

8.1: Bottom Gurl

Everyone currently in this game (Excluding sunny004, otherwise this rule wouldn't make any sense), and any new players entering this game must change (or add to) their signature to:

Players that fail to do so will lose ten (10) points each phase that they are in violation of this rule.

8.2: Maybe this will open up some options for later

Each player gains 10 hit points at the time of this rule's passage. There is no cap to how many hit points a player can have. If a player's hit points reach zero, they lose all of their points and can no longer gain hit points.

8.3: Passcode

When this proposal is passed, each player must PM the host(s) a 6 digit number; this is their passcode. This passcode may be used in the future. Future players must create a passcode and send the hosts it as well.

8.4: Idling

Should a player choose not to post a rule during the proposal phase, they may opt to idle the round by posting their intentions in the thread. Players cannot choose to idle in the voting phase. Should a player idle, they will not incur any penalties for inactivity.

Thetwinmasters 3 points, 10hp
PokeguyNXB 3 points, 10hp
ButteredToast 3 points, 10hp
Pidge 3 points, 10hp
Izhuark 3 points, 10hp
Walrein 3 points, 10hp
Da Letter El 3 points, 10hp
Leethoof 3 points, 10hp
Phione 3 points, 10hp
brightobject 3 points, 10hp
sunny004 3 points, 10hp

proposal phase begins!

Proposal: xd xd xd xd
During each proposal phase, players may publicly announce a "hit contract" on any other player. You may only announce one hit per turn. This uses up one of your hit points.

Any other player may choose to accept the contract, who will then challenge the targeted player. Each hit can be accpeted once. This player is called the "hit(wo)man". This challenge can be any sort of contest of luck or skill available (online poker, chess, pokemon, a singoff or danceoff to be voted in by other players, an irc history quiz, etc). The target and the hit(wo)man should agree on something they both want to do (and are both able to do), but the hit(wo)man suggests first. Results should be posted in the nomic thread. There are no ties, so rematch or figure something out. After the resolution of the contract, there are two possible outcomes.

If the target wins the contest, they gain 5 points and a hit point, the contractor loses 5 points, and the hit(wo)man loses nothing. If the target loses the contest, they lose 5 points, the contractor gains 5 points, and the hit(wo)man gains 10 points.

Inspired by Walreins trial-by-combat pls this will be so much fun. I definitely am very open to changing the points values, not really sure what a good measure to judge those by is. Comments?

Last edited:
8.1: Bottom Gurl

It's in my sig, you just gotta highlight it. Loophole, bitches.

Leethoof I would vote yes, but you need to include something in there so players who cannot access something don't lose by default

(Example: I challenge you to a game of CS:GO, but you do not own it)

This makes said proposal more fair so yeah

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I am posting my intentions to idle for the rest of the game, unless I come up with something later. Also, testing out my new signature.

Last edited:
Proposal: Lets Talk This Out
Following the end of Phase 9 (the current phase), there will be a 48 hour break in order to discuss the direction of game play moving forward. All players must post in this discussion period, or they will lose 2 Hit Points and 5 Game Points.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Proposal: DEAD Last
If a player reaches 0 HP, they must select ten (10) numbers between one and one hundred.
The host(s) then use a random number generator to generate one number between one and one hundred.
If the generated number is one of the numbers selected by the player, said player loses 100 points.
This is literally pointless because players who run out of HP already lose all their points.

Anyways:
Proposal: Attack on Nomic
During the proposal phase, instead of choosing to submit a proposal, players may opt to attack another player. The damage dealt is equal to the difference between the attacker and defender's point total, with a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 5. This number will be deducted from the defender's Hit Points. Players who have run out of Hit Points cannot attack or be attacked. Reducing another player's Hit Points to 0 causes the attacker to gain all the points that the defender loses from losing all their Hit Points. Should a player be attacked by more than one person during any single proposal phase, or should two players attack each other, attack priority will be decided via RNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)