Smogon Premier League IX - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshit situation update, because SPL is apparently not about playing Pokémon to win anymore:

Alexander. vs. GGFan
Both scheduled for this morning. When the scheduled time came, GGFan asked Alexander. to play on some random Chinese server due to some VPN issues. Scooters do not agree to letting them play on a non-official server, because to be totally blunt, GGFan has a reputation for cheating and we have gotten dicked enough this season over DCs and sketchy losses. Requesting GGFan either plays on Smog Tours or gets subbed out. If Sharks take too long to sub out and Alexander. has to leave, we are requesting an activity win, because this was a clear missed scheduled time (not showing up to play on an official server is the same as not showing up at all).

elodin vs. bluri
This one's a real gem. Both scheduled for Friday morning. Both were supposedly online (we didn't see bluri on Discord, but trust his word). But for whatever reason, neither of these geniuses messaged each other to play. They then rescheduled for "Sunday evening" instead, only to later find that "Sunday evening" meant different things to each other. bluri cannot play after 10pm (GMT+1), and elodin doesn't get home until after that time. Since this is an issue of both players screwing up and being totally unclear/uncommunicative, Scooters are requesting a double sub. We could've been snakes about this and waited until bluri is offline to ask for a sub, but I'm trying to be as fair as I can here. Logs: https://pastebin.com/ZTZk5NDk

M Dragon Alexander. GGFan elodin bluri OP Quite Quiet

Edit: TDs making calls too fast for me to write I guess...

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
fwiw I can vouch for ggfan's claim of his VPN giving him issues sometimes, he's done this before for tournaments on other forums and I highly doubt this is an attempt at cheating. don't care to sway the decision one way or another - not my job anyway - but I can attest to that much.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Bullshit situation update, because SPL is apparently not about playing Pokémon to win anymore
Yeah you are right.
We are offering you playing in the chinese PS server, in PO sim, or playing at 21:00 when I can get some sub who can RBY to play the game and you are refusing everything.
SPL is definitely not about playing Pokemon to win anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)