Finals Smogon Premier League VI - Finals [Won by the Congregation of the Classiest]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[#2] Alpha Ruiners (7) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (5)

ORAS OU: PDC vs CTC
ORAS OU: Tokyo Tom vs ben gay
ORAS Ubers: steelphoenix vs Jibaku
ORAS UU: reachzero vs Hikari
ORAS RU: Meru vs Bad Ass
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs FLCL
ORAS Doubles: finally vs Braverius
BW OU: SoulWind vs papai noel
DPP OU: august vs Asuya
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Triangles
GSC OU: Tiba vs Mr.E
RBY OU: Hantsuki vs KratosMana

[#2] Alpha Ruiners (4) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (8)

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

should have been bigs in finals. "go ruiners"

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[#2] Alpha Ruiners (7) vs [#4]Congregation of the Classiest (5)

Lavos

Banned deucer.
what a travesty that bigs didn't make finals after honestly playing far better than the classiest in almost every match but getting consistently lucked, as the classiest tend to do. hence why they're in finals instead, because you can have as much skill as you want but when you give yourself the best possible chance to win and the other guy makes shit plays but wins off a 30% miss rate i think that's just when you call it quits. and i'm citing one of the tamer examples of getting blatantly fucked by factors beyond bigs control. really disappointing

so onto the predictions that i didn't want to make (tldr venting)

ORAS OU: PDC vs CTC - i cannot choose ctc in good conscience, most hated user up with piexplode but in a diff way, hes autism but ctc is like downs
ORAS OU: Tokyo Tom vs ben gay - better player from what ive seen, youre a real asshole too though (noticing a theme here?)
ORAS Ubers: steelphoenix vs Jibaku - assuming neutral luck /wink
ORAS UU: reachzero vs Hikari - actually a god
ORAS RU: Meru vs Bad Ass - idk my brain tells me bad ass though
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs FLCL - fuck you teddeh most annoying pos on smogtours
ORAS Doubles: finally vs Braverius - good user
BW OU: SoulWind vs papai noel YAN[SOGEKING] - sw is top 5 bw
DPP OU: august vs Asuya - who?
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Triangles - innovation
GSC OU: Tiba vs Mr.E - i have no idea how someone with a complete misunderstanding of gsc can still have a positive record so props mre but its tiba
RBY OU: Hantsuki vs KratosMana - nice rby

and if youre torn on who to root for, ruiners deserve this shit about 1000x more lol.

fuck shake

definitely will be a close one, gl to both teams

what a travesty that bigs didn't make finals after honestly playing far better than the classiest in almost every match but getting consistently lucked, as the classiest tend to do. hence why they're in finals instead, because you can have as much skill as you want but when you give yourself the best possible chance to win and the other guy makes shit plays but wins off a 30% miss rate i think that's just when you call it quits. and i'm citing one of the tamer examples of getting blatantly fucked by factors beyond bigs control. really disappointing

so onto the predictions that i didn't want to make (tldr venting)

ORAS OU: PDC vs CTC - i cannot choose ctc in good conscience, most hated user up with piexplode but in a diff way, hes autism but ctc is like downs
ORAS OU: Tokyo Tom vs ben gay - better player from what ive seen, youre a real asshole too though (noticing a theme here?)
ORAS Ubers: steelphoenix vs Jibaku - assuming neutral luck /wink
ORAS UU: reachzero vs Hikari - actually a god
ORAS RU: Meru vs Bad Ass - idk my brain tells me bad ass though
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs FLCL - fuck you teddeh most annoying pos on smogtours
ORAS Doubles: finally vs Braverius - good user
BW OU: SoulWind vs papai noel YAN[SOGEKING] - sw is top 5 bw
DPP OU: august vs Asuya - who?
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Triangles - innovation
GSC OU: Tiba vs Mr.E - i have no idea how someone with a complete misunderstanding of gsc can still have a positive record so props mre but its tiba
RBY OU: Hantsuki vs KratosMana - nice rby

and if youre torn on who to root for, ruiners deserve this shit about 1000x more lol.

fuck shake
CTC lost

Ben Gay got a "lucky" dodge against a Pokemon getting pressure stalled, locked into a move with imperfect accuracy, and that needed a double crit and a choke to beat Kyurem.

Evuelf beat a +2+2 Refresh Arceus through full paras, Rock Slide flinches, and 2/2 Sacred Fire burns.

Chimp shat on Vileman because he used a "funny" team

Only relevant "hax" in Bad Ass game was Focus Blast hitting twice because the match was over after that. He won in 10 turns and even Ginku himself said he should had made a better team

Finch was weak as shit to Samurott and missed a Hydro Pump against it which gave it an additional kill, and then FLCL outplayed him. If you want to call losing a speed tie turn one hax you are retarded. "I risked a 50-50 turn 1 and lost it. Got haxed."

Laga crit the Amoonguss and Braverious crit the Heatran, both were pretty important. If you think the Thunderbolt para without any full para mattered you should probably learn some speed tiers.

Jirachee got two crits and missed a Focus Blast. The latter was more important, but the former were significantly less likely to happen

DPP was clean

Triangles got lucky with some Hydro Pump misses, but things started going to Mcmeghan's way later on and he won

cba reading GSC match

During Summer played like if had just learned how to play Pokemon. Fishing for freezes against Alakazam with a para'd Chansey like 3 turns into the match, completely unnecessary sacs, got outpredicted during both games, and made countless amount of shitplays. Anti got luckier, but he also played much better and wasn't choking on dicks.

We "consistently lucked", lol. Just so you know only reason your team still had a chance was because Ruiners, the team that deserves to be in finals much more than classiest according to you, haxed the fuck out of us, winning at least 3 matches to ridiculous odds (less than 5%). Every team had lucky and unlucky wins, you won't see any hax free week and implying classiest haxed everyone shows you are just pulling shit out of your ass to support your narrative.

But you are the kind of nigga who makes a post like this http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-premier-league-6-week-2.3526837/page-8#post-5989174 the week after complaining about getting "haxed" while doing nothing but using Rest, so calling you biased and full of shit would be an understatement.

==============

I'm playing Reachzero tomorrow around 1 PM GMT -4.

Good luck Ruiners.

EDIT

the fact that you took the time to type all that shit out is the best way possible for you to validate my post, thank you
This is some youtube comments level reply. "You replied, so I win"

lmao

Last edited:
I'm not going to go into detail with shoutouts, but I just wanted to say thank you to my team for the great 10 weeks we spent together, and sorry for my 2 losses which I have only myself to blame for (gg Bad Ass by the way, I think I forgot to say that before). There's usually a dude or two I don't get along with, but that honestly wasn't the case here. I got love for all of you, no exceptions, and I hope we can win the trophy next year if we end up on the same team again.

Now pls win this ruiners I really can't bear the thought of the classiest getting the trophy

Lavos

Banned deucer.
the fact that you took the time to type all that shit out is the best way possible for you to validate my post, thank you

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
ORAS OU: PDC vs CTC -- PDC has been bossing at ORAS OU. I can't see Chun Li winning this

Man, I love you guys.

I have NEVER seen a team work harder than this year's BIGs. Everyone was always working on teams, encouraging each other, testing, etc. You all actually enjoyed helping each other get better at this horrible, horrible game, and the best part is that everyone became friends over the season. I have to say that this was one of the best environments I've ever been in on IRC. The amount of time and effort you put into this season really shows considering we finished in first place during the regular season. While it sucks that we won't get a shot at the trophy this year, you all know that we definitely could have made it, and I hope that's enough to keep you thirsty for a win next season.

Gonna preemptively say that I probably don't deserve a like-whore shoutout post given that I was dragged down by laziness and IRL stuff all season, but since I knew most of the team fairly well before the season and I got close to everyone as it progressed, I think that I'll make one anyways.

McMeghan - Good god, Funk and I had a 35k cap on you when we went into the auction and I'm so glad we decided to ignore the money. You were worth every cent, be it through your 8-1 record or your ridiculous amount of testing. You even helped Funk carry out the draft after I had to leave in the middle. We couldn't have asked for more of you because you just did so much. You're definitely any manager's wet-dream, and I hope you continue to own later down the line.

Ginku - I know you were sad that some of your other friends weren't willing to spend more on you, but I'm pretty sure you ended up happy with your new home. You had one of the best SPL records this year and were coincidentally on one of the best teams! You were awesome in the channel and I'm extremely glad we picked you up. Funny-ass guy with good taste in music.

Laga - *Lagod. You had the most confidence on the team for sure, and it really showed in your playstyle. I'm glad I got the chance to meet you man. You're definitely an SPL legend for a reason.

Destiny Device - Unlike Laga, you were always super nervous before your matches which I can relate to. But I can't relate to your being one of the top ORAS OU players. You were super nice and always willing to test, and I'm extremely glad we picked you up. Once you get over your nerves I can definitely see you at #1 the next time power rankings come around. Keep at it dude; you own.

boudouche - I knew you were a great battler and teambuilder before even going into the season and I was super happy we were able to retain you for so little. You really pulled your weight this year and were always happy to test in pretty much any gen which was awesome. It's pretty easy to believe that you got to Tour finals once, and I hope you're able to take the entire thing home if you go for it again.

Evuelf - As part 3 of the franch core you managed to pull your weight. I'd heard from a million Ubers players that you were super underrated and probably one of the best in the tier; I'm glad you proved them right. You were pretty good friends with a lot of guys in the channel and I'm glad you were able to find a find a home in the BIGs.

Sam - THE MAN. I'm glad you used Sandstorm Entei before SPL because you were way cheaper than you should have been. You were one of the people who spoke a ton in the channel and helped keep it alive, and I'm extremely glad we got such a skilled UUer for so little. It's no wonder you're the redaelreit.

Finchinator - I knew you before the season, but I'm sure you weren't very confident in me after that horrendous WCoP, and sadly I don't think SPL could have possibly changed that. I got to know you a lot better this season, though, and I can definitely say you put more effort than legitimately ANYONE in this tournament. Your scouting reports, testing, and overall effort were incredible this run, and I'm glad we had you aboard for the ride.

atomicllamas - I don't think I got to speak to you that much this year but from the few times we did talk I could tell you were a nice lad. Apparently you were traded to us because you were not cancer despite being on one of the lower teams in the standings which I guess says a lot about you. Regardless, I'm glad you found a home on the BIGs, and hopefully I get to interact more with you in the future!

MetalGro$$ - You were a legend after going 3-0 man. I know you got a bit unlucky towards the second half of the season but I hope that doesn't discourage you. You were an awesome presence and I hope you stick around even after SPL is over.

Sinclair - I'm pretty happy we picked you up even though you got really busy towards the end of the season. One of the funniest moments of the season was when I met up with Tanner and he pulled out his phone and was like "Woah dude apparently JJ showed up out of nowhere and clutched us the week." Glad I got to meet you man. I hope you're doing well IRL!

BLINGAS - I've always been in a lot of the same channels as you but never really spoke to you until some time this year. Apparently you play whatever tier you feel like which was pretty nice when we were testing people out and doing practice battles. You're a really cool dude though, and I'm glad I got to meet you and rem for LCS. Hopefully I'll be able to go to semis with you guys again!

TheEnder - I'm super glad we picked you up at midseason. Even though you didn't get to play that much, you demonstrated that you're a pretty good player, and you were always happy to help when in the channel. Thanks for being a nice guy in general; I hope you had fun with the BIGs!

Windsong - I didn't get to talk to you that much this season after you got traded here but I hope you did have fun when you were online. Not much to say other than that, but I hope to see you around later on!

During Summer - I'm glad we ended up picking you up at the beginning of the season because you were always looking to help and you got along really nicely with our team. I was happy to have you around, and I hope I get to see you playing in other tournaments while you're around on Smogon.

Hill - I've been on other teams with you before but I don't think I ever interacted with you, and honestly I didn't get to talk to you that much this year either. However, I know you were always happy to help whenever it was asked for and you seem to know all gens fairly well. I'm glad we did pick you up midseason and wish you the best of luck in tournaments as long as you keep competing.

Vileman - You didn't get to play that much this season but I'm still extremely glad we got to have you around. You were always willing to help when help was needed and you were genuinely the nicest guy on the team. Stay awesome, man! ☚(゚゚☚)

royal flush - I'm sure you were disappointed in your record given that you're an old GSC vet, but I'm still glad we had you along with us this season. Even when you weren't playing you were always willing to help with old gens, and aside from that you gave a lot of solid team tournament advice. I didn't get to speak to you that much given that both of us weren't on IRC as much as we probably would have liked, but I'm glad I got to meet you this year and still appreciate all the help you gave to the team.

ZoroDark - I guess I never got to speak to you much because of bad timezones and my general inactivity, but as far as I know we were all happy to pick you up. Glad you got to participate in the BIGs camaraderie, and hopefully you enjoyed the last 6 weeks with the rest of us.

ium - Another one of my good friends from a while back; I'm glad we picked you up midseason. You helped a ton with NU and you were like the friendliest guy in the chat. You were probably better friends with anyone in the channel than all of us and you're definitely one of the reasons we had such an amazing environment.

Jirachee - You were one of my best friends before the season given that we've known each other for like 3 years, and while I didn't get to talk to you as much as the old days I'm at least glad you showed everyone that they made a mistake letting you go for 5.5k. You did so well even while getting lucked multiple times, and you showed the world that you're for sure a top PKMNer. I'm proud of you man.

Funkasaurus - I decided to save one of the best for last. You're another one of my best e-friends and I'm glad I got to share this season with you. While we both have been away from playing Pokemon for a while, you have to take some credit in that you put together this team. I've probably talked to you more than legit anyone in the past few months and I just want to let you know that you have something to be proud of.

Thanks to guys like BKC, Bloo, CrashinBoomBang, bro fist, Iris, CTI, Nachos, Mizuhime, liberty32, Nails, Zebraiken, Isa, SkillinJah, IronBullet93, Lavos Spawn, Typhlito, and Edgar. Your presences in the channel were definitely awesome and I'm glad you all decided to come and help. Except for Bloo. That dude's cursed.

Good luck to the Ruiners and my good friends Ciele and SilentVerse, two of the cutest guys on Smogon behind only the legendary tab.

And lastly, while he might have created my favorite album of all time, I have to say: Fuck Nas.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Laga's toed was specs so the crit only mattered for like the bottom 25% of damage rolls

Zach probably would have still won without the tran crit though so

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
man lavos spawn somehow only manages to get MORE salty as time goes on

As if Ruiners haven't lucked everyone this tournament. Complaining about losing a 70/30 in fucking pokemon, and it's not even your team anyway, is some tacky shit. And it's not a god damn accident I have the best record in my tier this year, almost as if I've been playing this game forever and I'm good or something. I don't have time to dump on your sorry ass further right now but get over yourself broski.

Hmmm, prefer the players on Classiest, but don't want Shake to get a badge so, LGI Ruiners!
IT'S A TROPHY NOT A BADGE

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm not gonna go into detail with my shoutouts either but I'm forced to write at least something after being part of something unique like this spl run has been. This was hands down the best team I've ever been on in a team tournament and I feel like that isn't going to change for a while. From the second i joined irc at midseason, it was like i'd been part of the team the entire time and I'll never forget that. It was my pleasure to be around the team. Not only does each and every one of you fucking own at this game (except ium maybe n_n), but you're also some of the nicest people I've ever met online. Special shoutout to Finch for convincing people to pick me up at midseason and for being the best teammate you can imagine having in a team tour.

I don't really care who wins at this point but I hope to see some great matches!

Also before I forget, Zeb deserves mad props for running this tour so smoothly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)