Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - July 2009

The lead toplist is interesting, it seems Metagross is dethroned by Azelf... I find this strange, since I see more lead Jirachi these days than Metagross and Azelf leads combined, it seems. I'm glad this is now proven to be coincidence, though, I find Jirachi very annoying and it's good to see that it's actually dropped in usage, contrary to what my impression was.

The lead toplist is interesting, it seems Metagross is dethroned by Azelf... I find this strange, since I see more lead Jirachi these days than Metagross and Azelf leads combined, it seems. I'm glad this is now proven to be coincidence, though, I find Jirachi very annoying and it's good to see that it's actually dropped in usage, contrary to what my impression was.
im suprised by the fact they havent changed their rivaly ethier. azelf and metagross had been competing for the #1 most used lead since like febuary

jirachi is an annoying lead .crippling opposing leads with trick and just annoying the foe with iron head

odd ive been seeing jirachi leads alot less than last month ...

I don't care if Metagross and Azelf stayed the top 2 leads forever; my Starmie anti-lead in tandem with my Bronzong handles both with ease. Jirachi is a bitch, though: it seems they U-Turn every time I decide to leave my Starmie in, or Trick a Scarf onto my Bronzong every time I decide to switch it in :/ yay for my lousy prediction (or rather, lousy luck in this case).

Like Pizzaman said, it's not a common move on lead Azelf. I usually Ice Beam it for a 2HKO, but switch to Zong after the first Ice Beam to catch the imminent Explosion :P

Code:
| Ninjask    | Nature       | Jolly            |    57.1 |
Code:
| Ninjask    | Speed EV     | Max              |    51.2 |
Why do so many Ninjask users give thier Ninjask Jolly natures and max Speed? It's already the fastest Pokemon in the game after one Speed Boost, so there's absolutely no reason to make it any faster.
Code:
| Salamence  | Item         | Life Orb         |    59.8 |
| Salamence  | Item         | Leftovers        |     8.5 |
| Salamence  | Item         | Other (7)        | <   7.9 |
This came as a surprise to me, since I have seen many Choice Scarf Salamence in the past month. Choice Scarf was even less popular than Leftovers, an item Salamence rarely carries. Flygon seems like the Scarfed Dragon on choice nowadays.
Code:
| Salamence  | Move         | Dragon Dance     |    43.7 |
It was also surprising that Dragon Dance is so popular on Salamence. Scizor has an easy time shutting DDMence down after Stealth Rock, and is the most used Pokemon in the metagame. The Mixed set is better imo.

63.4% of Flygon use Choice Scarf. 19% use Choice Band, and the others are inferior sets. Seriously, guys, Flygon is meant to be a choice user.

DDMence and SD Luke are the best sweepers in the game, so it's no surprise that people will use them even with Scizor running around. Besides, Scizor can't come in on a Salamence.

Azelf | Move | Thunderbolt | 13.5

my (anti)-lead azelf used to run grass knot, flamethrower, taunt, and thunderbolt with expert belt. It was walled by latias and lacked any great way to hurt heatran though. Call me weird but it handled the majority of the leads I came up against, except for Jirachi but then again I used a magnezone on the same team (heh heh heh)

now i use u-turn over thunderbolt though, so that number might go down =p.

Besides, Scizor can't come in on a Salamence.
he can while hes locked into outrage .slowly wearing it down with bullet punch
and also:
19% use Choice Band
wow...i never knew that people rarely use CB flygon

i know its served as a revenge killer but it has enough speed to outpace walls,destroying them with CB outrages.

I always run Choice Band Flygon these days. Before he picked up Outrage, I used a fairly weak mixed Flygon with Scarf. Now the power of Outrage, Choice Band just works out better for me. U-Turning early, and destroying Pokemon later with power STABs. As for a non-Choice Flygon being inferior, I don't think it is. A Flygon still good defensive typing, and ability.. and can run a nice defensive set with Roost decently.

63.4% of Flygon use Choice Scarf. 19% use Choice Band, and the others are inferior sets. Seriously, guys, Flygon is meant to be a choice user.
That's not true. My LO Flygon with EQ, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge and Roost decimates teams when I use it correctly. It outstalls non-Ice Fang Gyara and Brave Bird Skarm by using Roost, something ChoiceGon can't do.

Skarmory can set up Spikes on you since you don't have Taunt or a killing move. It can Roost and Whirlwind you away. Maybe sticking in Fire Blast can help you, as you get the 2HKO on Skarmory even with Adamant.

Flygon's greatest strength is that its fantastic typing minimizes its residual damage. This is why it's meant to be a Choice User: they are meant to hit and run, and Flygon does a great job of it, taking only 6.25% for switching in.

Woah, Jirachi is doing pretty good even with those diverse sets you honestly don't know what to expect.

Calm minder or Lead or possibly just a scarfer.

Nice to see that Uxie climbs up again, and that Ambipom goes lower again ^^
Lopunny's pretty high on the list o_O NU to UU anybody?

I don't get why porygon 2, who is a good counter to number 2, 3 and 4 on the usage list, can be used so little.
porygon-2 fears scizor.because scizor can laugh at porygon-2s attacks.it doesnt really mind t-wave much and is immune to toxic.it can also fight back with superpower.

porygon-2 fears scizor.because scizor can laugh at porygon-2s attacks.it doesnt really mind t-wave much and is immune to toxic.it can also fight back with superpower.
One used a gimmick set using HP (Fire) not really usefull except for Scizor and Forretress, and maybe somewhat magnezone but what the hell, a nice trap :)

I was surprised at how low suicune is (29th) and how high gengar is (10th) - dunno, I don't see gengar that often. Anyway thanks a lot doug, these stats really help with team building when your new.

I'm a frequent user of P2, so I can fill in a bit about Porygon2.

Pros:
Decent Mixed Wall
Cripples: Salamance, Gyarados, Heatran, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flygon (come in on a EQ, trace Levitate, Flygon's almost always choiced)
Can carry Thunder Wave, and has the defences to use it.
Switch-ins are met with Thunder Waves
Recover
Decent Sp.Attack
BoltBeam

Cons:
Fighting Weak, thus invites Lucario to kill/set up, and Scizor to... kill/set up, or Infernape, to kill/set up.
Little use at stopping anything except those listed above, although, not much likes a Thunder Wave to the face.
Despite decent sp.attack, lacks power.
Dislikes being poisioned and especially dislikes Toxic Spikes. (Although, bringing in on a Breloom is fun when TS is up ^_^, as you absorb the sleep, then Ice Beam it to death, and get recovery AND status immunity.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)