Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Kalalokki

yes
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Social Media Head
I can see how that sounded kind of contradictory. My apologies. I was referring to other people’s social media pages, because that’s what the idea is referring to. Simply put, the whole concept is Pokémon releasing Mystery Gifts based on people’s content, and I wasn’t sure how I could spread this idea around.
Just send me a PM with the outline of your idea and we can take it from there.

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
Question here: If someone wrote a message on my profile, and then deleted it, is there any way for me to view it?

When you're looking at the index of stats to look at percentage usage of moves, abilities, and what not they have different numbers like 0, 1500, 1630, 1760. What do these mean? My assumption has always been it is for the level of play and the higher numbers are what top level players use and the 0 is an aggregate of all usage, but I figured I should ask.

Quite Quiet

1 + 1 = 3
is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
When you're looking at the index of stats to look at percentage usage of moves, abilities, and what not they have different numbers like 0, 1500, 1630, 1760. What do these mean? My assumption has always been it is for the level of play and the higher numbers are what top level players use and the 0 is an aggregate of all usage, but I figured I should ask.
The numbers refers to different types of weighting for the usage. You can read everything about it here:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/weighted-stats-faq.3478570/

Very short:
0: Unweighted
1500: Average players
1630(1695 for OU): Good players (used for tiering)
1760(1825 for OU): Great players

Is there a command to quickly see the type effectiveness of a certain type?
For example, telling you what ghost is super effective against, not very effective against, and deals nothing against.

What would be the correct forum section to create a topic where I share my opinion on how some Pokemon got replaced and therefore that's why they didn't return in Sword and Shield's DLC?

Examples:
:Obstagoon:>:Ursaring:
While it doesn't have the monstrous 130 base Attack Ursaring does, Obstagoon is strong enough to be a great wallbreaker. It also has two strong STABs and a speed tier way more decent than the bear. Therefore GF maybe thought Ursaring wasn't needed.

:Incineroar:>:Houndoom:
Houndoom just can't compete with Incineroar. No need for two Dark/Fire mons.

Oathkeepre

You'd betray your king?
is a Pre-Contributor
What would be the correct forum section to create a topic where I share my opinion on how some Pokemon got replaced and therefore that's why they didn't return in Sword and Shield's DLC?

Examples:
:Obstagoon:>:Ursaring:
While it doesn't have the monstrous 130 base Attack Ursaring does, Obstagoon is strong enough to be a great wallbreaker. It also has two strong STABs and a speed tier way more decent than the bear. Therefore GF maybe thought Ursaring wasn't needed.

:Incineroar:>:Houndoom:
Houndoom just can't compete with Incineroar. No need for two Dark/Fire mons.
Perhaps in the NatDex forums? All mons are there including the ones you mention above

I'm trying to download the data from the dex as a csv file (or really any logical database format would work). This site has the most accurate information online from what I can tell, however, I don't know if there's a way to download the dex info, mainly pokemon names, id numbers, and base stats. I've tried looking on other sites, however, their databases are out of date.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a member of the Site Staffis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I'm trying to download the data from the dex as a csv file (or really any logical database format would work). This site has the most accurate information online from what I can tell, however, I don't know if there's a way to download the dex info, mainly pokemon names, id numbers, and base stats. I've tried looking on other sites, however, their databases are out of date.
You might try smogon's/PS's github. This page seems to have the info you're after. If you view the raw you can format the file for easy download.

Quick Question : If I want to make a thread that’s about Pokémon, but not in the official games, do I put it in Orange Islands or Congregation of the Masses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)