Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

I get a message saying I can't post new stuff because I don't have enough achievements or something so I'm wondering how I make my mono ice team better

Skill link cloyster
Hydro pump
Ice beam
Explosion
Icicle spear
Item kings rockrock

Regice
Earthquake
Ice beam
Hammer arm
Toxic
Item focus bandband

Weavile
Night slash
Ice shardshard
Fake out
Icicle crash
Item life orb

Walrein thick fat
Blizzard
Brine
Fissure
Earthquake
Item quick claw

Aurorus refrigerate
Freeze dry
Take down
Blizzard
Hyper beam
Item leftovers
Glailie inner focus
Blizzard
Sheer cold
Crunch
Freeze dry
Item glalitite

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I get a message saying I can't post new stuff because I don't have enough achievements or something so I'm wondering how I make my mono ice team better

Skill link cloyster
Hydro pump
Ice beam
Explosion
Icicle spear
Item kings rockrock

Regice
Earthquake
Ice beam
Hammer arm
Toxic
Item focus bandband

Weavile
Night slash
Ice shardshard
Fake out
Icicle crash
Item life orb

Walrein thick fat
Blizzard
Brine
Fissure
Earthquake
Item quick claw

Aurorus refrigerate
Freeze dry
Take down
Blizzard
Hyper beam
Item leftovers
Glailie inner focus
Blizzard
Sheer cold
Crunch
Freeze dry
Item glalitite
i'm no expert when it comes to monotype, and since there isnt any specific place on smogon that i can refer you to, you can try asking the people on pokemon showdown's monotype room to help improve your team. i hope i helped!

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What makes a moderator a member of the site staff?

I always thought normal mods were not staff and supermods/global mods were, but now I've seen people with normal moderator badges and site staff badges.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What makes a moderator a member of the site staff?

I always thought normal mods were not staff and supermods/global mods were, but now I've seen people with normal moderator badges and site staff badges.
This was answered earlier:
"Moderators simply moderate certain sections of the forums, whereas Site Staff directly edit and cache stuff on the main site. In fact, you can even have Site Staff without a Moderator badge, the two aren't mutually exclusive"
The last statement, while true, is extremely uncommon and unlikely to happen.

It says I don't have enough privileges to post a thread here, but I was just after some help about my account. I would like to change my name, and my birthyear is incorrect (I've been absent for some years and only recently came back to my account)
Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi, I have pokemon y can I competitively battle oras ou online or will I need to get a new game? I havent done battles since platinum

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I have pokemon y can I competitively battle oras ou online or will I need to get a new game? I havent done battles since platinum
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are compatible with Pokemon ORAS. However, you will not be able to use any Mega Evolutions introduced in ORAS (such as Pidgeot, Sableye, Altaria, etc.) in Pokemon X and Y, similar to how you couldn't use Origin Forme Giratina in Diamond and Pearl but you could in Platinum.

I used to battle competitively in back in the day in gen 3/4, but I've been out of the game for about 6 years now. I'd really like to get back into battling on gen 6, but I don't have time now to breed/ev train pokemon to use. From what I can tell, the old shortcuts (mostly just Action Replay/Pokesav) don't work anymore and I haven't been able to find any comparable replacement. How do people get pokemon nowadays? Is everyone legit, or is there some workaround that I haven't found yet?

I used to battle competitively in back in the day in gen 3/4, but I've been out of the game for about 6 years now. I'd really like to get back into battling on gen 6, but I don't have time now to breed/ev train pokemon to use. From what I can tell, the old shortcuts (mostly just Action Replay/Pokesav) don't work anymore and I haven't been able to find any comparable replacement. How do people get pokemon nowadays? Is everyone legit, or is there some workaround that I haven't found yet?
It's quite easy to breed legit Pokemon these days since the Destiny Knot now passes down 5 IVs from the parents instead of 3. There are lots of guides you can Google on how to breed, and the people in the Wifi subforum will happily help provide 6IV Dittos and other things to help you breed.

What does the "np" in the titles of suspect test threads mean?
'Now playing', I believe.

It's quite easy to breed legit Pokemon these days since the Destiny Knot now passes down 5 IVs from the parents instead of 3. There are lots of guides you can Google on how to breed, and the people in the Wifi subforum will happily help provide 6IV Dittos and other things to help you breed.

'Now playing', I believe.
It refers to the song posted in the OP, right?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This was answered earlier:
"Moderators simply moderate certain sections of the forums, whereas Site Staff directly edit and cache stuff on the main site. In fact, you can even have Site Staff without a Moderator badge, the two aren't mutually exclusive"
The last statement, while true, is extremely uncommon and unlikely to happen.
Just trying to talk yourself up or...?

:p grats!

Hi (I'm new here) and I'm sorry if I'm not posting in the right spot but I think I an anyways...
I need some help on competitive team building cause i want to build it around a mega charizard Y (which i breed for my perfect one already) but Im kind of lost, I'm assuming and kind of want my team to have a physical and special sweeper (mega charizard y) a physical and special wall and i dont know what else id need maybe a defogger/ rapid spinner if i dont use mandibuzz anyway heres my chairizard

CHARIZARD
Item- Charizardite Y
Ability- Drought
IV's- Perfect in everything except attack
Nature- Timid (Want him to be a fast special sweeper)
Moveset- Currently I'm running a...
Flamethrower
Air Slash
Solar Beam
Dragon Pulse

Btw any suggestions here cause I've seen people use roost and earth quake instead of dragon pulse and air slash...

So if you guys could give any tips on what kind of team i could use and what pokemon and give me atleast a direction to work towards that'd be great.
Thank You in advance :)

Hi (I'm new here) and I'm sorry if I'm not posting in the right spot but I think I an anyways...
I need some help on competitive team building cause i want to build it around a mega charizard Y (which i breed for my perfect one already) but Im kind of lost, I'm assuming and kind of want my team to have a physical and special sweeper (mega charizard y) a physical and special wall and i dont know what else id need maybe a defogger/ rapid spinner if i dont use mandibuzz anyway heres my chairizard

CHARIZARD
Item- Charizardite Y
Ability- Drought
IV's- Perfect in everything except attack
Nature- Timid (Want him to be a fast special sweeper)
Moveset- Currently I'm running a...
Flamethrower
Air Slash
Solar Beam
Dragon Pulse

Btw any suggestions here cause I've seen people use roost and earth quake instead of dragon pulse and air slash...

So if you guys could give any tips on what kind of team i could use and what pokemon and give me atleast a direction to work towards that'd be great.
Thank You in advance :)
Try the battling 101 thread and asking for advice there. I'm sure that's the place to go. If I'm wrong then sorry. If you still need help after that doesn't work then pm me:)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Like chester said, Battling101 is the right place. Or, on showdown, type "/join competitive tutoring" inside any chatbox and you will be redirected to a room that will help.

That said, there's no way to say what exact set to run because it'll depend on your team. But if you're sticking to fast special sweeper, and building a team around it, then I'd recommend this set personally.

CHARIZARD
Item- Charizardite Y
Ability- Drought
IV's- 31/0/31/31/31/31
Nature- Timid
Fire Blast
Air Slash
Solar Beam
Dragon Pulse

Fire blast > flamethrower imo, its not worth the damage drop.

You will want to have a rapid spinner (or defogger but spin is preferable as it keeps your hazards up), yes, because 50% damage is too much. EQ is a definite no-no imo because he is a special sweeper. Roost could replace dragon pulse if you'd like, but really he is not a bulky mon and isn't expected to take hits. Although, if you have trouble keeping down hazards, roost might be a good investment.
Tbh, EQ is only used as a lure for Heatran, and it is actually pretty good. Just cuz its a special sweeper doesn't mean it can't run a move to bypass its best counter. Also, generally Zard Y will function as a wallbreaker more than a sweeper, and I personally think Defog is better than Rapid Spin unless you are running hazard stack, as it is way more consistent, as Rapid Spin is blocked by Ghost types.

Umm... I would like to ask that I have a male Eevee whom I would like to evolve to Sylveon for a cleric. Please tell if he is competitively viable or not, thanks in advance!

Nature: Bold
Ability: Anticipation-->Pixilate
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/15
Moves: Wish
Yawn
Stored Power
Curse
PS: It is a level 1 untouched Eevee, so it is having loads of Egg Moves, even if some are useless for Sylveon. And I don't have any good female Eevees, so I will have to turn to my 3/4 IV Dittos to breed good Eevees :o

Hi, I'd like to make an RMT, but I need to know where you can find the mini-sprites, those used in tea
m preview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)