Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi.
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but every time someone tags me on a post, I usually do not receive a notification. I'm not sure if this is because of a setting I might've changed, or just Smogon itself. Can someone help me out?
You'll get a notification if they tag you with a @ (example: @ anto without the space). If they do [ USER=ID]anto[/USER] (without the space), you won't get tagged. And if you're tagged in an edit, you won't get notifications. Edits don't notificate the person.

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
hey how long does the "formerly [insert name here]" last for?
I've been hearing a month and I got my name change on like Jan 20th...

hey how long does the "formerly [insert name here]" last for?
I've been hearing a month and I got my name change on like Jan 20th...
a month is the minimum but it doesnt go away automatically you need to ask someone to remove it

ill do yours now

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Is there a way to change the default font? I like Tahoma more than Verdana, tbh.

Last edited:
What forum would be best to post in to receive advice about building a RBY team? I have most of the pieces, but need the opinions of experts for the last little bit.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
What forum would be best to post in to receive advice about building a RBY team? I have most of the pieces, but need the opinions of experts for the last little bit.
If you have a question about your team (eg: what mons to use, what moves would be suitable, etc), you could try this link, which is the SQSA thread for the Ruins of Alph. Once your team is ready, you can create a thread in the Old Gens forum, here. Good luck.

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi, thanks for letting me know about the VGC thing! I've gotten into it, but I have another question.
I posted my team on the RMT board a while ago (shameless plug http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/primal-free-vgc-team.3567766/) but no one's rated it so far, even after I bumped it. According to the rules, you can only bump an RMT once. What can I do if it remains unrated?
If I was you, I wouldn't have bumped it yet, as the ORAS Other Teams forum isn't extremely active, so this does happen. Anyway, what you should do is wait for a reply in the next few days or so - if nobody replies, PM IronBullet or another RMT leader for permission to bump it again. Good luck!

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, thanks for letting me know about the VGC thing! I've gotten into it, but I have another question.
I posted my team on the RMT board a while ago (shameless plug http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/primal-free-vgc-team.3567766/) but no one's rated it so far, even after I bumped it. According to the rules, you can only bump an RMT once. What can I do if it remains unrated?
If all you're looking for is advice on the team, another option would be going to the VGC chatroom on Pokemon Showdown. You could try asking for advice there and a you might get a few people to help you.

Can I get some information on what the badges mean? I know you can hover over them but that doesn't really tell much. thanks!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I've been talking about something and I want to know what's going on. I've attatched a screenshot of the conversation below but basically I've never had the ability to delete threads and people are saying that I apparently am supposed to be able to.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
So I've been talking about something and I want to know what's going on. I've attatched a screenshot of the conversation below but basically I've never had the ability to delete threads and people are saying that I apparently am supposed to be able to.
This happens to me too. I'm not fully aware of the reason, but it could be that certain forums don't allow the deletion of threads. Like in Cong, I couldn't delete a thread, but in RMT, I could ?__?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
After Sobi's response I checked a thread in a different forum and the option appeared. Looks like it is forum-specific. Don't worry about responding to my question as I understand how it works now :)

Sobi

Banned deucer.
What are trophy points and why do only four users on the whole site have any?
Trophypoints are part of Xenforo, the forum software Smogon uses. There is currently no use for it. As for the members that have it, I don't think it's anything major; there isn't a reason as to why they have it, so it's nothing to worry about n_n

I have a gif less than 100 KB, more than 200 by 200 pixels, and it still says that the file is too large when I attempt to make it my avatar. Is there a reason for this?

Hey, I just registered for the forums after finding a nice project I would like to contribute to! Is there a "Presentation Thread" where new member can introduce themselves?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)