Smogon Snake Draft II - Stage 1, Phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the second edition of the Smogon Snake Draft. This year's tournament has 3 stages: a group stage, a round robin with the remaining teams, and a final. The tiers will be 4 OU / 1 Ubers / 1 UU / 1 RU / 1 NU / 1 DOU / 1 LC.

The group stage will consist of the 10 teams getting separated into two groups of 5. In each of those groups, every team will play every other team in two phases that last two weeks apiece. However, teams will not just be facing 2 other teams at the same time; depending on the slot, they may face different teams. UU A may face UU B and UU C, for example, whereas NU A faces NU D and NU E during the same phase. In this stage, the total amount of wins matters, and the 3 teams with the most wins per group will advance.

The 6 remaining teams will face off in "weeks" as we know them from SPL for the second stage. Here, rather than total wins, winning weeks against other teams to accumulate points will matter. Winning a week is worth 2 points, drawing it is worth 1 point, and losing it will yield no points. At the end of this stage, the top seeded team will go straight to finals, while the top 2 and top 3 will face off to earn a spot in finals.

While this format may seem odd, it does provide a couple of advantages. First, the tournament will last 10 weeks, potentially slightly longer if tiebreaks are involved. This will mean there is ample time to cool down before SPL. Secondly, 4 teams will be eliminated relatively early on, and the TD team hopes this will cause the second phase to be more competitive as there will be less teams with little incentive to keep trying. We hope you enjoy the second edition of the Smogon Snake Draft.

Standard Tournament Rules and Procedures:
On... Sportsmanship

Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in #wcop / #pokemon / any of the semiofficial tier channels, or in opposing wcop team channels (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own wcop team channel unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On... Scheduling Matches

I'm sure plenty of you have come across coin flipping / who to activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end and default you to a coin flip, regardless of what you claim is your Discord or forum activity. By signing up for this tournament, you are agreeing to this condition, that adhering to what I outline will protect you from coinflips / activity and that not adhering to it will subject you to coinflips / activity regardless of your proposed justification.
YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that round's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the round's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure and that more often than not, the TDs will likely force one (or both) sides to sub out.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's vm wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response vm). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to be wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential coin flip. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to sub both of you out, coin flip you, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your vm wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take Discord or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the vm messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. Note to team captains, if one of your players does not contact all his opponents before 48 hours before the end of the round, I will FORCE a sub, no questions asked. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue coin flip or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Round 1 thread is posted June 7, 2015 at 10:00PM. Its deadline is June 14, 2015 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his vm wall on June 9, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On "Self-KO Clause" and Ties:
Self-KO Clause is an antiquated concept that is not used in Smogon tournaments. The one exception to the rule is if the tournament is live (weekly Smogon Tour, Suspect Tours, etc.). For all standard tournaments here this rule does not exist. It Does Not Exist.

If both Pokemon faint simultaneously in DPP, ADV, GSC, or RBY, the game is ruled as a tie. Tied games do not count as played games in overall standings and will be expected to be replayed within the round's initial deadline. Similarly to this, tied games do not count towards the total number of games played in "best of X" series. In other words, if a tournament includes "Bo3" RBY, what is really being played is "first to two wins" RBY.

However, ties simply don't exist in later generations. The developers removed ties from BW and have not added them back since. There's a lot of inconsistency with the mechanics of their tiebreaking system but Smogon follows them to stay true to the cartridge. The main ones are listed below:

Note: The following list is for SM, XY, and BW, and not for DPP, ADV, GSC, or RBY

Self-KO Moves (Destiny Bond, Explosion, Final Gambit, etc.):
Attacking Pokemon Loses

Offensive Recoil (Life Orb; Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, etc.):
Attacking Pokemon Wins

Defensive Recoil (Rocky Helmet; Iron Barbs, Rough Skin):
Attacking Pokemon Wins (SM)
Attacking Pokemon Loses (XY and BW)

Passive Damage (Status, Weather, etc.):
Faster Pokemon Loses

Disconnections and Timer
For information on our disconnection and timer rules, refer to this thread.

Tiebreaks:
If teams are in a position to move on and are tied for wins in Stage 1, points and bd in Stage 2 or just tie in the final match in Stage 3, a tiebreak Best-of-3 series will be played to determine which team advances. The first match will be standard SM OU, with each of the teams in the tiebreak picking another tier to be played. This tier can be another SM OU, and multiple SM OU matches can be played. However, as every team should only have to aim to draft 1 player for every other tier, no other tier can be repeated.

For Stage 1, if a tiebreak occurs, the team that had more wins in the head-to-head matchups will pick second. If the teams were tied in head-to-head, strength of schedule is used to determine the higher seed instead.

For Stage 2, largely the same metrics are used as for stage 1. The first denominator to determine the higher seed will be Stage 2's head-to-head matchup. If this resulted in a tie, the number of total wins from Stage 1 will be used. Should this also be the same, strength of schedule in Stage 2 is used.

For Stage 3, the team with the higher ranking in Stage 2 will be the higher seed. If this was identical, the number of total wins in Stage 1 is used. If this also results in a tie, the Stage 2 head-to-head matchup will break the tie. In case this fails, strength of schedule will be the fallback.

If, during any stage, all parameters listed here are tied, we will publicly use the !pick command on the Smogtours server to determine the higher seed.

Substitutions:
During Stage 1, subsitutions are allowed during each phase, and a player getting subbed in has to play all the remaining opponents of the player he is replacing. A player that has been subbed out during a phase may not be subbed into any other slot. Multiple substitutions may occur in the same slot. Of course, Phase 2 may use a different lineup than Phase 1, and substitutes will be "reset", meaning everyone on the bench can be subbed in once again. For Stage 2 and 3, substitutions work like they do in SPL.

Substitutions will be not be allowed in tiebreak series unless the hosts mandate it. However, since we prioritise games being played, we will consider extension requests so long as they're reasonable. We will also be reluctant to give activity wins to those who are clearly fishing for them.

Simulator:
Pokémon Showdown is the main simulator for this tournament, and Smogtours is the main server. If both players agree and there is a valid reason that a match cannot be played on Smogtours, it may be played on the main server as well.

Last edited:
Matchups:

Sun Division

Moon Division

Deadline will be September 2nd, 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
I don't give a fuck about any tier bar OU so I'm only doin OU. I could have been a (BAN ME PLEASE) (or f4g if I was on PS) and majorly tag everyone and be lazy and c/p from Hikaris OP, but guess what, I'm a man of integrity and won't do such a thing. If yall make predictions, fuckin TAKE OFF THE TAG! As a former tour player ik how fuckin annoying that is to have some 5-posts-on-smogon muggle do that shit cuz his lazy ass don't wanna take off the tags. ur welcome,,,

I might insult you, I might not. don't like it? then you got ligma w a pile of succon

Sun Division

USUM OU #1:
SoulWind
vs. Shiloh - It's not gonna matter what ABR team you bring, SW is too much for you, the goat,,
SoulWind vs. 1 True Lycan - Okay, I won't front, 1TL is actually a good player, I've seen this man smack some1 in ORAS WCoP w/ a fuckin BEEDRILL LMAO, I haven't paid much attention to his recent shit but ik my man can smack thots, idk he vs sw tho but this game I'm down to see. Still leading towards mans cuz well,,, it's sw lol
CaronSmith vs. 1 True Lycan - meh, I think 1tl is better
CaronSmith vs. UltraBallz - same logic as above
shiloh vs. UltraBallz - can't see an NU player in need of casper the friendly you kno what beating UB who actually knows the tier and doesn't need his hand held headass

USUM OU #2:
Kory2600 vs. Gondra - THESE TWO PLAY EACH OTHER LIKE A CATFISH CATFISHIN ANOTHER CATFISH EVERY DAMN TOUR ROFLLLLLLLLLLL
Kory2600 vs. Welli0u - Im picking well cuz this is my apology for makin him tilt in OLT w/ a scarf volt switch mew, my bad my guy
Cdumas vs. Welli0u - Cdumbass been consistent as fuck and I feel is a better player
Cdumas vs. Eo Ut Mortus - aight so,,,, genertic lando/tran/ferro/stallbreaker/mega lati that can't hit water types/filler vs,,,, chansey zone plus thing that needs zone to trap shit,,,, I honestly got no clue, both players are strong, even if it's standard vs chansey sharp cheddar (cheese, in case ur a dumbass and dun get it), i'm down to catch this live
Gondra vs. Eo Ut Mortus - eo is just better, if u bring chansey, bring like focus sash counter im tryan watch lops and medi die ("but zamrock they got fake out!!" that's what protect is for smh)

USUM OU #3:
Sacri vs. Hayburner - man when the FUCK did sacri play OU, THIS MAN EVEN MADE OLT PLAYOFFS !! I mean he was just using French teams, I guess he bout to ask ojama for a squad or two idk, who the fuck builds for the French anyway? Hayburner I like as a player and I think will take it tho
Sacri vs. Empo - French UUer vs the Smogon Champion that makes playoffs every single individual tour related to SM OU,,,, idk tough decision for me! headass
Kickasser vs. Empo - the kicker been tiltin, empo aint
Kickasser vs. aim
Hayburner vs. aim - ,,, joey bought to kick the kickers shit in and is gonna make the hay BURN to a crisp, never going against my boi,,

USUM OU #4:
Updated Kanto vs. BKC - oml DA REMATCH! Here's the problem, UK is playin vs BKC who wields ABR teams and UK is usually only dangerous wielding ABR teams,,, kevins winning this
Updated Kanto vs. FMG - fire monkey goat had a rough wcop, but I believe in you king
Tamahome vs. FMG - ok ya ur my boy but,,, the enemy of harry potter I swear is fuckin DANGEROUS in SM OU, holy cock (c0ck if PS) you have my blessing FMG
Tamahome vs. ayevon - better player and I honestly forgot who ayevon is, I think finch sucks him dry tho? idr
BKC vs. ayevon ---------- ^^^^^^^

Moon Division

USUM OU #1:
Bro Kappa vs. Paycard - THIS IS UR BIG CHANCE MONEY CARD, GO GET EM MY N WORD
Bro Kappa vs. Finchinator - rlly believe this is an either way game, picking finch tho cuz he beat me last year in this tour and kappa didn't :kappa:
Tricking vs. Finchinator - another either way game imo, I talk shit about tricking a lot but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is a deserved starter and is wild as shit, wild players are always nuts
Tricking vs. Lavos - bro Lavos in SM OU,,, W/ the goat himself JBF (Johnathan Brother Fist)? I deadass wanna see mans perform
Paycard vs. Lavos - PC you my boy but,,, you playin Lavos wielding some goat team made by goatfist, you have my blessing

USUM OU #2:
Jaina vs. Ojama - why the fuck did za meow went from one stripper name to another stripper name? headass, picking kingpin
Jaina vs. Jirachee - altho I can see the stripper winning this one only cuz I never see champagne papi play sm lol
blarghlfargl vs. Jirachee - again, never seen him play OU, don't INSULT OR GO AFTER MY FEELS,,, bich.
blarghlfargl vs. bro fist - I dare you to bring zapdos walled by grounds again, DOUBLE DARE bring moltres again
Ojama vs. bro fist - huge highlight oml, need to catch this live

USUM OU #3:

….

LittleBigPlanet2 vs. suapah
LittleBigPlanet2 vs. Lopunny Kicks

?????????????????

Little big who????

*checks roster*

YOU STARTEED A NIGGA NAMED LITTLE BIG PLANET LIKE IT'S SOME PBS KIDS TV SHOW SHIT OVER MY BOY FV?!?!?!?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I should have signed up as manager

Ciele vs. Lopunny Kicks - kicks ik I've said dumbshit about you but ur a good player honestly, you'll hjk whoever the fuck is replacing FV, but CL is the best on the site if it's not goatfist sorry.
Ciele vs. xray - altho xray def has a chance at winning
suapah vs. xray - I think rays better

(fwiw most likely fv got some shit going on in his life, don't start the "omg zams a retard" ik theres an obv reason why he aint playin and planet is, so chill snowflake)

USUM OU #4:
Malekith
vs. Posho - Kith is legit a very impressive SM OU player, I got tossed like salad by him in wcop, AND he tossed the team building legend the dragon knight in a TB?? I can't go against mans
Malekith vs. Hiye - hiyes good, but again, kith is dangerous
Eternal Spirit vs. Hiye - this some shit you find in 1900 ladder, idk, either way game, maybe we'll get a manaphy vs mega latias again
Eternal Spirit vs. Eternam - I might fuck w/ u a lot es but ik youre solid, you'll win this one
Posho vs. Eternam - poshos just better

USE THAT SCHEDULE SHEET PLEASE, I AINT IN THAT DISCORD W @ MATCHES SHIT, TRYNA STAY AWAY FROM THAT CANCER CHAT THANK YOU KINDLY

Last edited:
I don't give a fuck about any tier bar OU so I'm only doin OU. I could have been a (BAN ME PLEASE) (or f4g if I was on PS) and majorly tag everyone and be lazy and c/p from Hikaris OP, but guess what, I'm a man of integrity and won't do such a thing. If yall make predictions, fuckin TAKE OFF THE TAG! As a former tour player ik how fuckin annoying that is to have some 5-posts-on-smogon muggle do that shit cuz his lazy ass don't wanna take off the tags. ur welcome,,,

I might insult you, I might not. don't like it? then you got ligma w a pile of succon

Sun Division

USUM OU #1:
SoulWind
vs. Shiloh - It's not gonna matter what ABR team you bring, SW is too much for you, the goat,,
SoulWind vs. 1 True Lycan - Okay, I won't front, 1TL is actually a good player, I've seen this man smack some1 in ORAS WCoP w/ a fuckin BEEDRILL LMAO, I haven't paid much attention to his recent shit but ik my man can smack thots, idk he vs sw tho but this game I'm down to see. Still leading towards mans cuz well,,, it's sw lol
CaronSmith vs. 1 True Lycan - meh, I think 1tl is better
CaronSmith vs. UltraBallz - same logic as above
shiloh vs. UltraBallz - can't see an NU player in need of casper the friendly you kno what beating UB who actually knows the tier and doesn't need his hand held headass

USUM OU #2:
Kory2600 vs. Gondra - THESE TWO PLAY EACH OTHER LIKE A CATFISH CATFISHIN ANOTHER CATFISH EVERY DAMN TOUR ROFLLLLLLLLLLL
Kory2600 vs. Welli0u - Im picking well cuz this is my apology for makin him tilt in OLT w/ a scarf volt switch mew, my bad my guy
Cdumas vs. Welli0u - Cdumbass been consistent as fuck and I feel is a better player
Cdumas vs. Eo Ut Mortus - aight so,,,, genertic lando/tran/ferro/stallbreaker/mega lati that can't hit water types/filler vs,,,, chansey zone plus thing that needs zone to trap shit,,,, I honestly got no clue, both players are strong, even if it's standard vs chansey sharp cheddar (cheese, in case ur a dumbass and dun get it), i'm down to catch this live
Gondra vs. Eo Ut Mortus - eo is just better, if u bring chansey, bring like focus sash counter im tryan watch lops and medi die ("but zamrock they got fake out!!" that's what protect is for smh)

USUM OU #3:
Sacri vs. Hayburner - man when the FUCK did sacri play OU, THIS MAN EVEN MADE OLT PLAYOFFS !! I mean he was just using French teams, I guess he bout to ask ojama for a squad or two idk, who the fuck builds for the French anyway? Hayburner I like as a player and I think will take it tho
Sacri vs. Empo - French UUer vs the Smogon Champion that makes playoffs every single individual tour related to SM OU,,,, idk tough decision for me! headass
Kickasser vs. Empo - the kicker been tiltin, empo aint
Kickasser vs. aim
Hayburner vs. aim - ,,, joey bought to kick the kickers shit in and is gonna make the hay BURN to a crisp, never going against my boi,,

USUM OU #4:
Updated Kanto vs. BKC - oml DA REMATCH! Here's the problem, UK is playin vs BKC who wields ABR teams and UK is usually only dangerous wielding ABR teams,,, kevins winning this
Updated Kanto vs. FMG - fire monkey goat had a rough wcop, but I believe in you king
Tamahome vs. FMG - ok ya ur my boy but,,, the enemy of harry potter I swear is fuckin DANGEROUS in SM OU, holy cock (c0ck if PS) you have my blessing FMG
Tamahome vs. ayevon - better player and I honestly forgot who ayevon is, I think finch sucks him dry tho? idr
BKC vs. ayevon ---------- ^^^^^^^

Moon Division

USUM OU #1:
Bro Kappa vs. Paycard - THIS IS UR BIG CHANCE MONEY CARD, GO GET EM MY N WORD
Bro Kappa vs. Finchinator - rlly believe this is an either way game, picking finch tho cuz he beat me last year in this tour and kappa didn't :kappa:
Tricking vs. Finchinator - another either way game imo, I talk shit about tricking a lot but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is a deserved starter and is wild as shit, wild players are always nuts
Tricking vs. Lavos - bro Lavos in SM OU,,, W/ the goat himself JBF (Johnathan Brother Fist)? I deadass wanna see mans perform
Paycard vs. Lavos - PC you my boy but,,, you playin Lavos wielding some goat team made by goatfist, you have my blessing

USUM OU #2:
Jaina vs. Ojama - why the fuck did za meow went from one stripper name to another stripper name? headass, picking kingpin
Jaina vs. Jirachee - altho I can see the stripper winning this one only cuz I never see champagne papi play sm lol
blarghlfargl vs. Jirachee - again, never seen him play OU, don't INSULT OR GO AFTER MY FEELS,,, bich.
blarghlfargl vs. bro fist - I dare you to bring zapdos walled by grounds again, DOUBLE DARE bring moltres again
Ojama vs. bro fist - huge highlight oml, need to catch this live

USUM OU #3:

….

?????????????????

Little big who????

*checks roster*

YOU STARTEED A NIGGA NAMED LITTLE BIG PLANET LIKE IT'S SOME PBS KIDS TV SHOW SHIT OVER MY BOY FV?!?!?!?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I should have signed up as manager

Ciele vs. Lopunny Kicks - kicks ik I've said dumbshit about you but ur a good player honestly, you'll hjk whoever the fuck is replacing FV, but CL is the best on the site if it's not goatfist sorry.
Ciele vs. xray - altho xray def has a chance at winning
suapah vs. xray - I think rays better

(fwiw most likely fv got some shit going on in his life, don't start the "omg zams a retard" ik theres an obv reason why he aint playin and planet is, so chill snowflake)

USUM OU #4:
Malekith
vs. Posho - Kith is legit a very impressive SM OU player, I got tossed like salad by him in wcop, AND he tossed the team building legend the dragon knight in a TB?? I can't go against mans
Malekith vs. Hiye - hiyes good, but again, kith is dangerous
Eternal Spirit vs. Hiye - this some shit you find in 1900 ladder, idk, either way game, maybe we'll get a manaphy vs mega latias again
Eternal Spirit vs. Eternam - I might fuck w/ u a lot es but ik youre solid, you'll win this one
Posho vs. Eternam - poshos just better

USE THAT SCHEDULE SHEET PLEASE, I AINT IN THAT DISCORD W @ MATCHES SHIT, TRYNA STAY AWAY FROM THAT CANCER CHAT THANK YOU KINDLY
zamrock vs all of smogon: i cant pick a winner because after reading that post i dont think anyone wins. I have aids now, though zam is forced to live his life as the man who thought this post was good enough to post in a public forum

decided to make some predictions, if they're more than 64% accurate I'll go back to honk raptor avatar.

Sun Division
USUM OU #1:
SoulWind vs. shiloh
SoulWind vs. 1 True Lycan
CaronSmith vs. 1 True Lycan
CaronSmith vs. UltraBallz
shiloh vs. UltraBallz

USUM OU #2:
Kory2600 vs. Gondra
Kory2600 vs. Welli0u
Cdumas vs. Welli0u
Cdumas vs. Eo Ut Mortus
Gondra vs. Eo Ut Mortus

USUM OU #3:
Sacri' vs. Hayburner
Sacri' vs. Empo
Kickasser vs. Empo
Kickasser vs. aim
Hayburner
vs. aim

USUM OU #4:
Updated Kanto vs. BKC
Updated Kanto vs. FMG
Tamahome
vs. FMG
Tamahome vs. ayevon
BKC vs. ayevon

USUM DOU:
Ezrael vs. EmbCPT
Ezrael
vs. emiforbes
SMB vs. emiforbes
SMB vs. Lunar
EmbCPT vs. Lunar

Moon Division
USUM OU #1:

Bro Kappa vs. Paycard
Bro Kappa vs. Finchinator
Tricking vs. Finchinator
Tricking vs. Lavos
Paycard vs. Lavos

USUM OU #2:
Jaina
vs. Ojama
Jaina vs. Jirachee
blarghlfargl vs. Jirachee
blarghlfargl vs. bro fist
Ojama vs. bro fist

USUM OU #3:
Ciele
vs. Lopunny Kicks
Ciele vs. xray
suapah vs. xray

USUM OU #4:
Malekith vs. Posho
Malekith
vs. Hiye
Eternal Spirit vs. Hiye
Eternal Spirit vs. Eternam
Posho
vs. Eternam

USUM DOU:
miltankmilk
vs. Biosci
miltankmilk vs. MajorBowman
stax vs. MajorBowman
stax
vs. Demantoid
Biosci vs. Demantoid

Last edited:

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Sun USUM NU:
Kushalos
vs. HANTSUKI
Kushalos vs. FLCL
HANTSUKI
vs. Nintendi
Nintendi vs. lax
lax vs. FLCL

Moon USUM NU:
Hootie vs. Realistic Waters
Hootie vs. Rodriblutar
Realistic Waters
vs. elodin
elodin vs. Eternally
Eternally vs. Rodriblutar

Sun Division

USUM OU #1:
SoulWind
vs. Shiloh - only way i see SW dropping it is to a hard cteam (always a possibility with abr...)
CaronSmith vs. UltraBallz - surprisingly excited for it despite both players being fairly low ranked. i think both are strong
shiloh vs. UltraBallz - ub is quite good and i think there is a skill discrepancy here

USUM OU #2:
Kory2600
vs. Gondra - kory is great and i am not very high on gondra :(
Cdumas vs. Eo Ut Mortus - gonna be the snooze-fest of the phase though
Gondra vs. Eo Ut Mortus - eo is Better

USUM OU #3:
Sacri
vs. Hayburner - i really know nothing about hayburner and sacri is consistent enough to predict comfortably. i almost get updated kanto spl vibes from hayburner though so who knows
Kickasser vs. aim - i think aim is definitely better and has been on, doing well recently w/ slam and wcop finals
Hayburner vs. aim - same as above. sry hay hope u knock some ppl dead ;_;

USUM OU #4:
Updated Kanto vs. BKC - sry kent-o, bkc is the best ever
Tamahome vs. ayevon - tamahome is fantastic and i think ayevon is on his way to being very good, just needs some more time
BKC vs. ayevon - ^

Moon Division

USUM OU #1:
Bro Kappa
vs. Paycard - if we don't see some masterpiece teams ill be disappointed. BK is good and paycard i dont know enough about, but ladder players are dangerous
Bro Kappa vs. Finchinator - finch is gonna get messed up by something obscure, this is one of my highlights though
Tricking vs. Finchinator - both very good, i prefer finchs style of play in bo1 tour format whereas i think tricking is better suited for live tour/consistency types (stour, OLT)
Tricking vs. Lavos - kind of weird and my gut is telling me not to take a shot in the dark
Paycard vs. Lavos - skill ceiling shall prevail for the boy

USUM OU #2:
Jaina
vs. Ojama - another gut call, i think charm is really good and fate wills him to win
Jaina vs. Jirachee - i think i have not seen a single game out of jirachee in sm. hes a good all-arounder but charm is the mother-f**kin man
blarghlfargl vs. Jirachee - similar as above, and i think in a lower stress setting like a R1 blargh will do well
blarghlfargl vs. bro fist - bro fist be better
Ojama vs. bro fist - this game could either be top 3 of the phase or a snoozer. pls make it the former

USUM OU #3:
LittleBigPlanet2 vs. suapah - i do not know who LBP2 is. suapah when hes hot is really hot
LittleBigPlanet2 vs. Lopunny Kicks - i do not know who LBP2 is still
Ciele vs. Lopunny Kicks - as long as ciele can play more like his risk-taking ladder-esque self, this should be an easy win. maybe if hes just playing reactively i could see an upset
Ciele vs. xray - I believe Ciele is Great.
suapah vs. xray - not totally sure, should be a good game with cool teams. xray is my pick cuz Exp+Motivation though

USUM OU #4 (highlight group):
Malekith vs. Posho - Both players are fantastic and this is another highlight. posho hasn't played tour SM in a while but i don't think it will matter
Malekith vs. Hiye - hiyes great, malekith has a style that i think is very good vs a player like hiye though
Eternal Spirit vs. Hiye - Eternal Spirit is a god
Eternal Spirit vs. Eternam - Eternal Spirit is a god
Posho vs. Eternam - again, i think posho is amazing. eternam had a pretty meh wcop so ill need to see more before predicting him imo

bring back #finchinatorchallenge ? :pirate:

a LOT of good games and I couldn't be more excited as a spectator

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
USUM NU predictions :psysly::

Kushalos vs. HANTSUKI - kushalos has shown how solid he is several times.
Kushalos vs. FLCL - this is definetly the most interesting mu in NU for this stage and it could go either way, both are super solid users but i'm giving it to flcl this time.
HANTSUKI vs. Nintendi - i know both player but not from they level at NU, idk how will do they do this snake.
Nintendi vs. lax - lax will fax nintendi back to oras. (now for real) jokes appart lax have been one or the strongest NU players for a long time so i'm giving it to him.
lax vs. FLCL :psyduck: another amazing match that i want to watch. iy could go either ways but flcl is so good at this tier so...

Hootie vs. Realistic Waters - 1 year for make mesprit analysis vs the strongest E mons user ever commited...:psysly:
Hootie vs. Rodriblutar - rodrioat, kinda top 3 nu at spl, recently nupl mvp... not much to say.
Realistic Waters vs. elodin - this will be a good one and i want to see how rw does, it could go either ways tbh but i'm rooting for cutest user so go my man n_n
elodin vs. Eternally - another close one that could go either way, elodin surprised me, since i didn't he played this tier but all i've seen from him was very solid, in the other way we have the NUTL so... but i'm giving it to elodin.
Eternally vs. Rodriblutar - not trying to repeat my words, just nidoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)