OU: ima vs Tace
OU: Chaitanya vs Insult
DOU: Ezrael vs emforbes
UU: robjr vs Corazan
RU: Alpha Rabbit vs Welliou
NU: Sjneider vs Garay oak
PU: Teddeh vs Xiri
LC: jake vs Luthier

Deadline will be September 8th, 10:00 PM EST.

Last edited:
OU: Lopunny Kicks vs Gilbert arenas - good w1 from marcop tho wouldnt be surprised with another win
OU: Relous vs xray
OU: xImRaptor vs Empo
OU: Indigo Plateau vs Eeveeto

OU: ramboss vs Tamahome
OU: Tricking vs Santu
OU: Kory2600 vs Cdumas - france moment. they know each other way too well so even game
OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Updated Kanto

OU: z0mOG vs Star
OU: HSA vs YJH
OU: :bloblul: vs BKC
OU: xtra$hine vs Sacri'

OU: FMG vs august
OU: dice vs Gondra
OU: Jytcampbell vs TonyFlygon
OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs SoulWind - even, this one is hype. dont underestimate eout idk how motivated he is rn but if he's at 100% he's a mons genius af

OU: ABR vs Valentine
OU: Mana vs Charmflash
OU: Chaitanya vs Insult - even in my eyes too

Last edited:
Lopunny Kicks vs Gilbert arenas
Relous vs xray
xImRaptor vs Empo
Indigo Plateau
vs Eeveeto

ramboss vs Tamahome
Tricking
vs Santu
Kory2600 vs Cdumas
Jimmy Turtwig vs Updated Kanto

z0mOG vs Star
HSA vs YJH
blarghlfarghl vs BKC
xtra$hine vs Sacri'

FMG vs august
dice vs Gondra
Jytcampbell
vs TonyFlygon
Eo Ut Mortus vs SoulWind

ABR
vs Valentine
Mana vs Charmflash
ima vs Tace
Chaitanya vs Insult

PU predicts

ktut vs false - false is good stfu haters

taskr vs soulgazer - this one is hard to predict tbh

Raiza vs Garythegengar - raiza has the sauce boys

Teddeh vs Xiri - u bold teddeh's name, simple.

Highlight game is definitely taskr vs soulgazer, and i can see ktut vs false being a highlight too.

WELCOME BACK TO THE UNBIASED PREDICTIONS VROS

Sky Tower Lindworms (4) vs (3) Black City Mambas

OU: Lopunny Kicks vs Gilbert arenas | marcop was seething over his low ranking and responded with a nice win against a respected OUer in Ban Manaphy. His life doesn't get any easier here. Lop Kicks is relatively hyped, though, and he should be up to the challenge. Until I see a bit more from marcop, this is an easy bold.
OU: Relous vs xray | This seems like a bit of a tossup. xray doesn't have the greatest track record of success in SM and is clearly far weaker here than he is in ORAS. Relous is relatively uninspiring, but he had a decent World Cup and is coming off a nice win against the goat. Very slight edge.
OU: xImRaptor vs Empo | Raptor turned heads against someone I strongly believe to be one of the best players in the tournament in Star. He had some crazy nice reads with Tapu Koko, using multiple electric moves against a Gliscor he predicted to switch. Lost in the shuffle was his rather peculiar decision to not spam QD against Kommo-O and grab his autowin, though. He clearly has some things he needs to improve on in his game, and unless he gets an amazing matchup for the second week in a row, it would be a shock to see him beat a top OUer in Empo.
OU: Indigo Plateau vs Eeveeto | Yeah im not predicting this LOOL both players don't really inspire any confidence and neither have any noteworthy results on the big stage. Irrelevant.
DOU: Croven vs Human
UU: HT vs Christo | LOOL this might just be the most lopsided game of the week. I'm honestly stunned whenever HT manages to win; I have no idea how he keeps pulling it off. His play is never impressive. He had the good fortune of playing a clown who choked on balls last week, but this week he faces a much stiffer test. Christo is the best UUer in the tour and smashed robjr last week. I'll be bolding him every week, but this one especially was one of the easiest bolds of my life LOL Christo never loses and I'll be shocked if he gets less than 7 wins. Huge edge.
RU: Ajna vs Averardo | Ajna suffered a tough loss last week while Averardo surprised with a nice win over a probably overhyped mainer. Ajna's still the best RUer in the tour, and him losing to anyone besides Nat would honestly be pretty shocking. There's a reason Averardo was ranked 10th in a weak ass meme pool vros LOL come on
NU: col49 vs ict | This should be a cool game. Both are pretty skilled in my opinion, but 49 is far more innovative and has the best NUer on Smogon, lax, by his side. I like his odds of getting a winning matchup and that's enough to favor him here.
PU: tom holland vs Sam I Yam | wow 3 games with no predicts. sad LOL bro. tom holland was drafted to be a sub...IN FUCKING PU LOL BRO HAV U SEEN THE CLOWNS PLAYING THIS TIER?? That's not reassuring in the slightest. Luckily for him, he gets a dream matchup against a meme player LOL BRO HOW DO GET SO LUCKY THAT U AVOID PLAYING THE #1 PUER AND THEN GET SMASHED ANYWAY LOL bro. no contest here vros irrelevant.
LC: tko vs LilyAC | tko had a rough m
matchup in his return to the tour scene. The Air Conditioner's performance was hardly much better, but preseason expectations for her greatly eclipsed those of tko. Small edge.

Lanakila Nagas (2) vs (6) Ambrette Astrotias

OU: ramboss vs Tamahome | Tama is worse at SM than old gens, but he's still a good player. ramboss, meanwhile, brought one of the worst teams of all time last week that featured the frailest Slowbro in history. big edge
OU: Tricking vs Santu | Santu had a good win against SoulWind last week. Tricking is a harder opponent in SM, though. He always manages to find the wins and this week should be no different.
OU: Kory2600 vs Cdumas | THE CDUMAS BANDWAGON IS VIABLE AGAIN VROS! I'm still kind of scared to bold him, but the sheet doesn't lie. He has one of the best winrates in history, and is 3-1 since his disastrous SPL. Kory is decent, but nothing to write home about. Solid edge.
OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Updated Kanto | I still have no reason to believe Jimmy is viable in SM LOL bro. Kanto flashed some impressive SPL 9 form vs. Tony, although he did misplay a bit in the endgame. I'll trust the variance here.
DOU: Nails vs Mint16
UU: Adaam vs Lycans | UK who else never loses in 2019? GOAT Lycans. The man is a ridiculous 18-5 since the start of last Snake. Meanwhile, Adaam lacks many results on the big stage and got smashed by random ass Amane Misa Week 1 LOL Trust the sheet and trust the god form here.
RU: Kink vs Feliburn | This feels AWFUL LOL fuck. I originally had Kink bolded but I realized that was autism. There's just no way he suddenly became viable as a starter after like 6 yrs of mediocrity. Meanwhile, Feliburn's games never inspire any confidence like he'll just throw the game dude LOL my god no prediction here.
NU: Ren-chon vs Jrdn | Battle of bottom feeders here in NU. Ren-chon was at least good in NUPL...more importantly, Jrdn had a great matchup vs. Kushalos and played like absolute garbage LOL oh my god. very minimal edge.
PU: Ktütverde vs false | I can't believe I'm bolding false LOOL THIS IS A DISASTER false definitely isn't good at Pokemon dude LOL Both are coming off wins, but Ktut needed the luck of the gods to beat the BKC of PU. At least false routinely plays competent players in OU...I guess? LOL this game's garbage but I'll regrettably trust him.
LC: Osh vs ZoroDark | Zoro had a pretty bad Week 1 while Osh cleaned up against tazz. I'm still relatively high on Zoro's skill level, though, and with a better matchup, he should take this.

Berry Forest Bushmasters (2) vs (7) Shinto Ruin Serpents

OU: z0mOG vs Star | z0m's good, but Star's the 2nd best OUer in Snake imo. He had a very rough matchup week 1, but I expect a bounceback.
OU: HSA vs YJH | both of these players are prob similar skill levels, but HSA has done a bit more lately. minimal edge.
OU: blarghlfarghl vs BKC | the stars really align for me to bold blargh's opponents LOOL if he played yjh, I think i might have bolded him finally. BKC had a bad Week 1, making an absolutely retarded play turn 1 where he Z-Thunder'd a Kommo LOL His SM skills may not be that inspiring..This is still the goat, though, and he's due for a win soon just like how blargh is due for a loss idk how he keeps getting matchup
OU: xtra$hine vs Sacri' | xtra had a solid Week 1 but he faces an actual new gen player this week. Sacri is relatively successful in SM and should take care of business
DOU: SMB vs Demantoid
UU: Amane Misa vs Corckscrew | Amane Misa surprisingly took down Adaam last week in a nice display. Meanwhile, Corckscrew gave credence to the possibility that the Serpents may go winless in UU LOL BRO HE LOST TO HT!? He didn't BP Infernape for god knows why, and this will probably be his last tour game till like Snake 4.
RU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Nat | I think meeps will end up with like 4 or 5 wins this Snake, but this isn't one of them. Nat is on the fast track to claiming the best RU record after taking down Ajna week 1. It only gets easier from there. Big edge.
NU: Eternally vs Bobby Dagen | Rodri had a tough week 1 but at least some of it can be attributed to matchup. I've never really been high on Eternally and think that Rodri is a better player. I'll trust that FLCL gets him a solid matchup.
PU: Taskr vs soulgazer | You know, I might bold SG every week too LOL I think he was easily a massive steal and has a good shot of ending up with the best PU record in Snake. He's putting in his usual amount of effort and has some nice support from PU Open champion Star. Taskr is very inexperienced on the big stage and going against the best lower tier player in team tour history is not a good way to bounce back from a rough loss. Big edge.
LC: tazz vs BurntZebra | After 1 week, tazz seems like one of the most overhyped players in the tour. It's always a bit sketchy when someone is dogshit for years and then suddenly becomes heat. Zebra had a decent Week 1, but it was nothing to really write home about. Honestly, I'm picking him more because I think Star can get him a good mu.

Celadon City Cobras (3) vs (6) Rumble Hall Rattlers

OU: FMG vs august | FMG's breakout has been put on hold a bit recently. He seems to consistently get losing matchups. Still, he's a talented newcomer, and there's no reason for me to believe that august is a viable OU starter.
OU: dice vs Gondra | dice is a very good player but has very little SM experience. Gondra's solid enough to take this.
OU: Jytcampbell vs TonyFlygon | Tony suffered a setback last week, but there's still upside here. I'm not ready to totally buy in, but Jyt never really impresses me.
OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs SoulWind | I think SoulWind's a better player overall. Neither are phenomenal at SM, so I'll take my chances.
DOU: Tman vs Spurrific
UU: Accelgor vs TDK | Accel kind of got donated a win by Charmflash deciding not to Roost last week. He has virtually no experience and I'll need to see a lot more before bolding him. Meanwhile...TDK HAS to win eventually right LOL one of the best players in recent memory is now SOMEHOW 5-16 over his past 3+ tours. The bleeding will stop soon. He's too talented. Good bounce back spot here.
RU: UltraBallz vs rozes | rozes got a win over Feliburn last week, but now he'll at least have to play a tournament player. I think UB is pretty decent and has some nice RU support. small edge.
NU: Finchinator vs Kushalos | This pick might be dumb LOL but fuck it. In a vacuum, Finch is a better player and it's insane that he was ranked so low. Kush is a threat and a half with his innovation potential, but I'll trust the tryhard to come up with a 20-page scouting report and take this one.
PU: Raiza vs GaryTheGengar | Raiza's still a random. Gary is probably like average. The Rumblers seem to be pretty invested in the PU scene and I think they can get him a decent matchup. Taking the veteran.
LC: Kingler12345 vs teal6 | teal had a nice win last week and I think he'll get another here. I don't think the loaf is very good and teal can easily outplay.

Terminus Taipans (4) vs (5) Lake of Rage Leviathans

OU: ABR vs Valentine | Val will prob end up with 4 or 5 wins...but ABR might get 8 or 9. It's ABR people.
OU: Mana vs Charmflash | the Charmflash UU experiment lasted 1 week LOOL wow. The premature coronation was kind of wild. It's kind of crazy that he was hyped so much after basically only 1 good tour. He definitely has upside, though. Mana, meanwhile, has his ups and downs but usually comes up with a solid record. I'll trust the man with ABR's support.
OU: ima vs Tace | Tace has had some solid showings lately. I'm really not that confident in ima's playing abilities so.
OU: Chaitanya vs Insult | both had good wins last week. I'm not that high on Insult but I guess he's a bit more proven. small edge.
UU: robjr vs Corazan | Corazan has pretty much done nothing but go far in the latest UU Open. rob with Pearl support is still a massive threat, and it would be shocking to see him start 0-2 after some crisp performances in recent tours.
RU: Alpha Rabbit vs Welliou | Rabbit fell flat on his face Week 1, which wasn't thst shocking considering his lack of experience. The Well is one of the better players in the pool and should be able to outplay.
NU: Sjneider vs Garay oak | Sjneider upset ict last week, but it's hard to envision him winning again. Garay is pretty solid and should be able to smash.
PU: Teddeh vs Xiri | Teddeh has crazy amounts of experience and usually puts up good records. Xiri, meanwhile, is a random that lost Week 1 to Raiza LOL wrap
LC: jake vs Luthier | I think Zeb is pretty decent but Luthier is pretty hyped. He smashed Kingler Week 1 and looks to be on his way to doing big things this tour. small edge.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Week 1: 11-7 (excluding games where one of the two players got substituted out). Suck it ape

OU: Lopunny Kicks (60) vs (40) Gilbert arenas - Promising endgame week 1 from Marcop, but I think Lopunny Kicks is just too good for anyone who is still getting into the swing of things in the metagame to upset. Marcop is a strong player, but so is his opponent, who also has a lot more experience.
OU: Relous (45) vs (55) xray - Both played strong opponents last week and had some pretty good moments. Relous came out on top while xray did not, but I see a lot of promise in xray's SM game now that I have not always seen in the past. Going with him, but could easily see it going either way.
OU: xImRaptor (45) vs (55) Empo - Raptor made some insane plays w1 and I give him credit for that, but I think they will end up backfiring against someone like Empo, who is looking for his first win and will likely get it here as he returns to form.
OU: Indigo Plateau (49) vs (51) Eeveeto - I am basically guessing in this one as I think that Eeveeto has more upside in game, but he is also a high variance player in general due to his team choice. Despite it ultimately being a losing effort, Indigo showed some good signs during his w1 game, but I still am not sure he is fully there yet. Eeveeto may not be, but he at least has some official wins under his belt and a little more experience, so I guess I am going with him, but this is a close one for sure.
NU: col (49) vs (51) ict - oops I did it again (this is a second chance for the dumbasses who didn't get it the first time). Anyway, torn here as well. col shows promise as a teambuilder and ideas guy all the time, but there is little evidence as to how consistently it translates into results in his own games, so you have to hesitate a bit even if there are high hopes. ict on the other hand had a great SPL showing, but a messy week 1 showing. I still am going to give him the nod here just because his support is great and he has won more games in the tier with more experience. I honestly could see this one going either way, so who knows.

OU: ramboss (20) vs (80) Tamahome - Don't know if ramboss is quite ready to be in a field like this in an official tour whereas Tamahome is a consistent winner dating back to when most people reading this were not allowed to participate in Smogon tournaments due to COPPA restrictions.
OU: Tricking (65) vs (35) Santu - Santu did beat SW w1, but some plays were less convincing than you would like. Tricking always finds ways to win games and I expect nothing different here, even if it is very much not pretty and sometimes makes me want to tear my hair out.
OU: Kory2600 (40) vs (60) Cdumas - Got a feeling Cdu is returning to form whereas Kory had a shaky performance w1. He made some great plays and showcased some interesting things as always, but I think Cdu is less mistake prone and more likely to bring something that will give him a shot to outplay for the win, so gonna side with him because of that.
OU: Jimmy Turtwig (45) vs (55) Updated Kanto - Kanto looked like fire and then dogshit and then sorta fire again. Idk what to expect from this dude, but he won w1 whereas JT lost w1 and I regard their opponents as not too far apart in skill level at the moment, so let's go with the hot hand.
NU: Ren-chon (55) vs (45) Jrdn - Renchon looked pretty meh week 1, but his team choices in general are likely going to be strong and Jrdn is still probably adjusting a bit, so gonna side with Renchon even if I think their level of play is pretty similar. Close one, interested to see who comes out on top and what both use.

OU: z0mOG (49) vs (51) Star - I mean this game screams z0m using some nonsense that 6-0s the shit out of whatever Star uses, but I'm going against my gut and going with Star as I think he's a little better. This one is a highlight to me and I'm excited to see what both use and how both play.
OU: HSA (55) vs (45) yjh971203 - Both are alright, but imo HSA has more potential to outplay and turn games around, so I'm going to go with him.
OU: blarghlfarghl vs BKC - I am here to counteract the hatred of -Tsunami-. Do not consider this a compliment in your direction, blargh.
OU: xtra$hine (45) vs (55) Sacri' - I'm not sure what game Sacri was playing week 1, but it did not seem like Pokemon. Maybe it was some weird turbo chess. Either way, I'm gonna pretend it did not happen and assume he bounces back. xtra did a good job week 1, but I rank Sacri higher as a player overall.
NU: Eternally (49) vs (51) Bobby Dagen - This is such a trap game for Eternally. He's going to lose this game to something he was not prepared for and then end up going like 6-3/7-2 because that's how Snake works for him. Rodri is fine and will pilot whatever he is given or makes to victory if the MU is favorable. Ofc Eternally is still Eternally, so it can easily swing in his direction, but this MU is always trouble for him and I think it'll prove to be the case once more.

OU: ABR (70) vs (30) Valentine - abr is better
OU: Mana (45) vs (55) Charmflash - I would never expect either to start 0-2, but now one has to. Charm looked better during SPL and I expect his creativity to flare up here, which could give him a big advantage. Mana will be solid and could use something cool himself, but I think he's just a tad behind Charmflash in terms of aggression and teambuilding-for-opponents, so gonna side with the charming flasher that went r1.
OU: ima (40) vs (60) Tace - Tace is better, but only by a little. ima still has a lot to prove to me. Tace has had some p good showings at least, so let's stick with the recently hot hand.
OU: Chaitanya (40) vs (60) Insult - Both show lots of promise and won w1 in strong fashion. Insult is a bit better and knows OU more, so let's go with him, but I can see Chait pulling it if he uses a strong team.
NU: Sjneider (35) vs (65) Garay oak - Very cool w1 performance from Sjneider, but he won't pull another upset here. Garay is poised to even himself up and he is going to do it. He builds well and his aggressive play is second-to-none in this player pool. I expect him to win and get back on track to going positive in this field.

Last edited:

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
OU: Lopunny Kicks vs Gilbert arenas
OU: Relous vs xray
OU: xImRaptor vs Empo
OU: Indigo Plateau vs Eeveeto
DOU: Croven vs Human
UU: HT vs Christo
RU: Ajna vs Averardo
NU: col49 vs ict
PU: tom holland vs Sam I Yam
LC: tko vs LilyAC

OU: ramboss vs Tamahome
OU: Tricking vs Santu
OU: Kory2600 vs Cdumas
OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Updated Kanto
DOU: Nails vs Mint16
UU: Adaam vs Lycans
RU: Kink vs Feliburn
NU: Ren-chon vs Jrdn
PU: Ktütverde vs false
LC: Osh vs ZoroDark

OU: z0mOG vs Star
OU: HSA vs yjh971203
OU: blarghlfarghl vs BKC
OU: xtra$hine vs Sacri'
DOU: SMB vs Demantoid
UU: Amane Misa vs Corckscrew
RU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Nat
NU: Eternally vs Bobby Dagen
PU: Taskr vs soulgazer
LC: tazz vs BurntZebra

OU: FMG vs august
OU: dice vs Gondra
OU: Jytcampbell vs TonyFlygon
OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs SoulWind
DOU: Tman vs Spurrific
UU: Accelgor vs TDK
RU: UltraBallz vs rozes
NU: Finchinator vs Kushalos
PU: Raiza vs GaryTheGengar
LC: Kingler12345 vs teal6

OU: ABR vs Valentine
OU: Mana vs Charmflash
OU: Chaitanya vs Insult
UU: robjr vs Corazan
RU: Alpha Rabbit vs Welliou
NU: Sjneider vs Garay oak
PU: Teddeh vs Xiri
LC: jake vs Luthier

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
my PU predictions

t0m holland
vs Sam i Yam - I see t0m holland a stronger player and it can be an interesting match

Ktut vs false - I see this as the most even match of PU

Taskr vs soulgazer - I have not seen many soulgazer machts but Taskr is very good and I choose the

Raiza vs GarytheGengar - Raiza is a very solid player who has all the win vs Gary

Teddeh vs Xiri - Teddeh Rules

Mavis

Banned deucer.
Ajna vs Averardo (55-45) - prove me wrong ave I'm waiting for it, I know it can happen
kink vs Feliburn (50-50) - y'all know I support feli but kink had a nice, strong week 1 showing
SPACE FORCE meeps vs Nat (40-60) - probably never not bolding nat for the rest of snake tbh
Ultraballz vs rozes (45-55) - rozes's strong showing week 1 gives him the bold from me, I see some upset potential though for sure
Alpha Rabbit vs Welli0u (30-70) - another easy bold, the well's dazzling week 1 showing makes this my easiest predict

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)