Tournament Smogon Snake Draft IV: PU Discussion

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
predix:

Vulpix03 (40) vs Ktütverde (60) - not rly much to say on this one, both are good players who have been bringing solid teams over the last couple of weeks. favoring ktut because it's ktut

obii (55) vs Xiri (45) - after a strong start to his season xiri's been struggling over the last couple of weeks, especially in the builder. after last week's unsuccessful attempt at some kind of slowish hazard stack offense he loaded a fully grounded team with bulky rime as hazard control against tspikes + dusknoir, rendering him basically helpless. conversely, ive started liking obii's teams more since week 4, they're beginning to feel more coherent and without very obvious weaknesses. i rate both as players, the main question is if xiri and specs are more at home in the new meta than the previous one

keppy (40) vs TJ (60) - i felt both players had some confidence issues earlier this season, i think tj got over them after two weeks where he pulled up with solid teams that took advantage of some of the harder to prep for threats in the meta and piloted them well, although frankly he also got rather lucky with his matchups. keppy im less sure of, he fished a nice matchup against pif last week and won but still played his endgame suboptimally, i just dont feel like he always has a clear sense of what his winpath is and might continue to play sloppily as a result. hoping to see an even matchup

pokemonisfun (40) vs tlenit (60) - i had hoped pif wouldn't immediately whip out the stall last week, but he did and immediately got punished for it. let's hope he doesn't bring stall again because tlenit will come prepared in all likelihood. speaking of which, he's been doing well, although

Week 5

:stunfisk:SS PU:stunfisk:
Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Stunfisk           |    5 |  50.00% |  60.00% |
| 2    | Mr. Rime           |    4 |  40.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Tangela            |    4 |  40.00% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Unfezant           |    4 |  40.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Throh              |    3 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 5    | Liepard            |    3 |  30.00% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Rapidash-Galar     |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 7    | Manectric          |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Heatmor            |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Lickilicky         |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Pyukumuku          |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Beheeyem           |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Drifblim           |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Vespiquen          |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Flareon            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Dugtrio-Alola      |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Gourgeist-Super    |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Roselia            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Pawniard           |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Dusknoir           |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Boltund            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Hattrem            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Stonjourner        |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Mr. Mime-Galar     |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Pinsir             |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Politoed           |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 14   | Hitmonchan         |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Hakamo-o           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Gourgeist-Small    |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Appletun           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Mawile             |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Drednaw            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Dusclops           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Klang              |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Type: Null         |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 14   | Sandslash          |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |

Trends
:stunfisk: :mr rime: :unfezant: Likely in response to Unfezant's surge in popularity, Stunfisk saw an uptick in usage, notably being the most-used mon this week. As always, Stunfisk performed the role of both a reliable Stealth Rock setter and physical wall, which was notably shown off in Ktut vs. Xiri, where, in conjunction with Toxic Spikes support, it walled out Xiri's Throh long enough to render it useless. Meanwhile, Mr. Rime continued to see use, this time as the special wall of choice for teams in need of a check to the dangerous Psychic- and Ice-type wallbreakers that made themselves known last week. That said, Mr. Rime's flaws as a wall were made apparent in tjay vs. ham, as both players found their Rimes being overwhelmed by offensive pressure from the likes of Unfezant and Heatmor. Though not appearing quite as often as last week, Unfezant's Choice Scarf set still proved to be valuable for both its pivoting and offensive presence.

:mawile: :type-null: On the other side of the usage coin, Mawile and Type: Null saw a sharp dip in usage, with both losing the sole time they appeared. Type: Null suffered a particularly hard fall, as it went from a 100% winrate down to 0%. The overall preference for Mr. Rime as a special wall this week seems to be a contributing factor to their lack of play. As for the games they appeared in, false's Type: Null seemed to have a decent match up, walling out both Politoed and Mr. Rime. Thanks to an incredibly clever tech by Vulpix in the form of Resto Chesto Thief Politoed, however, Type: Null was quickly dispatched by Vulpix's Gapidash. In tlenit vs. obii, obii's Mawile would have had a decent match up against tlenit's stall team, but in another great teambuilding call, tlenit brought Alolan Dugtrio, which prevented Mawile from gaining any ground over tlenit's walls.

:lilligant: In the words of gum, lill*gant fl0p. Lilligant saw no usage this week, though it's not hard to see why, given the prominence of Unfezant + special wall cores ruining Lilligant's sweeping attempts. It's entirely possible that Lilligant will slip under the radar eventually and make a triumphant return, but for the time being, it looks like it'll be taking a backseat.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the new drops impact building for week 6. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello, I come to give my predicts for this week a bit late but sure.

Vulpix03 (49) vs Ktütverde (51): First of all I want to say that this is the HL match of the week, Vulpix comes in very well with a 2-0 record that has surprised many because it is not pu main and has been playing well but faces Ktutverde who is even much better than him and I think it will be an even match with a slight advantage for my friend Ktut.

obii (50) vs Xiri (50): The most even match of the week, the two were the ones who had the best record a few weeks ago, although both have lost the previous week I think it is still a very close match that will be defined by small details so I do not give the advantage to nobody.

keppy (35) vs TJ (65): Keppy is a great player and I know that may surprise but TJ comes on, He has not lost a match since he started his winning streak and I do not think this fence will be the exception.

Hamhamhamhamham (60) vs Kink (40): Kink is playing again, I know he is a very good player but he is not in a good moment and I think that Ham is on a good streak even though he lost the previous week I give him the advantage.

pokemonisfun (45) vs tlenit (55): PIF comes from loss the previous week and tlenit won, the truth is they are both very good players but I am more of a fan of tlenit and its builds so I think it will have a small advantage although it will be an even match.

To finish, I wish you all good luck to all and most likely i will be able to summarize this week with the stats and highlights, cya. :psysly:

Last edited:

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Week 6

SS PU

Code:
| 1    | Kangaskhan         |    7 |  70.00% |  71.43% |
| 2    | Jolteon            |    5 |  50.00% |  60.00% |
| 2    | Runerigus          |    5 |  50.00% |  60.00% |
| 2    | Cramorant          |    5 |  50.00% |  20.00% |
| 5    | Ferroseed          |    4 |  40.00% |  75.00% |
| 5    | Silvally           |    4 |  40.00% |  50.00% |
| 7    | Corsola-Galar      |    3 |  30.00% |  66.67% |
| 7    | Alcremie           |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 7    | Liepard            |    3 |  30.00% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Mr. Rime           |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Avalugg            |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Appletun           |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Perrserker         |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Dugtrio-Alola      |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Hitmonchan         |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Pincurchin         |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Swoobat            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Alcremie-Rainbow-Swirl |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Throh              |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Flareon            |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Lurantis           |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Qwilfish           |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Mawile             |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Leafeon            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Unfezant           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |

Highlights

After the tier shifts the metagame has changed a lot and it is not a surprise that Kangaskhan was one of the most used pokemon this week due to the little counterplay it has, her particular set of Double Edge + Fake Out Earthquake and Sucker Punch covers most of the pokemon of the tier and that makes it very good, this week there were small changes in its set to be able to get small advantages with her such as the toxic set of tlenit in its game vs pokemonisfun that helped to poison Corsola-Galar that could be a problem for her, or also the set of Heavy Duty Boots instead of Silk Scarf in the game of Keppy vs TJ, Out of all that it could be shown that Kangaskhan is one of the best pokemon in the metagame at the moment and when her gets a good matchup her can be very dangerous for any team.

Alcremie was also used this week, to highlight Alcremie is its ability to sweep in Late Game if it is possible to eliminate its main Counterplay such as Perserkerr, Silvally-Poison among others, This Week I really liked the set of Acid Armor + Calm Mind from Hamhamhamham that I use vs Kink even though I lost by a critical hit you can see Alcremie's ability to be able to make a clean sweep in Late Game when he has no threats, also in the game of Keppy vs TJ you could see the ability to breaking Keppy's team when he was going to CM, he only had to try to make him Revenge Kill, the truth is a good pokemon and a great addition to the metagame that you have to be careful when playing against him.

The setter hazards of this week were varying between these 3 Runerigus, Corsola-Galar and Ferrosed, the 3 have something good in common besides placing hazards that can enter Kangaskhan well without having almost any danger, Starting with Runerigus their main set is Eartquake Poltergeist Stealth Rocks and Will-o-Wisp, in the game of Xiri vs obii both used Runerigus to enter the rival kangaskhan although when they are already very chipped both runerigus Kangaskhan takes advantage of that very well even so that serves to chipe Kangaskhan a lot with rocks or the recoil of their own Double Edge, we also saw a set of iron Defense + Body Press with rest and Poltergeist in the game of Kink vs Hamhamhamhamham, by Ferrosed and Corsola-Galar both are very good setter hazards and can enter very well to many threats of the tier and it can be seen in the game of Ktutverde vs Vulpix03 where Ktutverde uses a core of Spd Corsola-Galar and Def Ferrosed very good to try to chip and put hazards whenever he can age and try to put some Setup Swepper to try to take advantage of that, the 3 are a very good option in the metagame and they serve many things in addition to the 3 having verzatile sets.

also here my week 7 predicts:

Vulpix03 (50) vs Hamhamhamhamham (50): They both come from losing the previous week, although Ham lost due to bad luck, they both had great wins so I think it will be an even match for both Vulpix and Ham.

Ktütverde (60) vs obii (40): Obii comes from losing the previous week and was the one who had the best record so far and has dropped his level a bit compared to previous weeks and even so I do not doubt him but he faces Ktutverde who is 4-0 and winning all his games cleanly and I do not think I have the ability to lose Ktut in this match it will still be an even match.

false (55) vs z0mOG (45): False has not been playing very well lately and from z0mog I have not seen anything in PU so I think that false should take it to know more about the tier but who knows what could happen.

Xiri (51) vs Santu (49): Santu comes from winning the Grand Slam and has had a good year but I think that Xiri for knowing and managing the tier more besides always having support from people like Tlenit has a slight advantage even so an even match in my opinion.

TJ (51) vs tlenit (49): I don't have much to say about the hl match of the week with 2 great players such as TJ and tlenit both started the tour badly but now they are unstoppable I think TJ has a small advantage but as always tlenit can really surprise a SUPER even match that I think that will be defined by small details with nothing more to say luck to both.

Thanks for reading. I tried hard to make this post and I apologize if some things are wrong or something because English is not my main language, with nothing more to say good luck to everyone this week. :psyglad:

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Vulpix03 (55) vs Hamhamhamhamham (45) - both players struggled last week, albeit on different fronts. ham dropped the ball vs kink, failing to take advantage of the latter's somewhat bizarre plays near the end and not clicking avalanche where it wouldve won him the game; undoubtedly this was a result of low timer panic. vulpix on the other hand had a rather shaky team that did not know how to deal with ktut's work up silvally and seemed rather low on kanga counterplay as well, basically ensuring he was never in control of the game. still, i slightly prefer vulpix as a player so im giving him an edge, but things have to improve on the building front

Ktütverde (55) vs obii (45) - obii's been down on his luck for the last couple of weeks, first getting haxed by tlenit and then getting overwhelmed by xiri's scarf kanga + electric terrain cheese. for ktut things have been going the opposite way, he's been catching good matchups and winning them very comfortably. in terms of playing skill i dont heavily favor one over the other tbh, but purely based on momentum + the fact he builds his own teams i wanna give the edge to ktut, it's very hard to predict against him atm

false vs z0mOG

Xiri (45) vs Santu (55) - i rate xiri as a player and aside from week 5 i have been liking the builds he's been bringing but it's very hard to go against santu, who can easily hold his own in more competitive fields than the PU snake pool (this is not a diss btw i like all of these players!!). the main question mark is the building support, from what i get the building on the bushmasters has mostly been done by sg and mz, but with sg having to play another tier and mz's team support being rather inconsistent, santu could potentially start off at a disadvantage

TJ (49) vs tlenit (51) - running out of motivation for this post and idk what to rly say here other than that both have been performing well, mostly bringing fun and cool teams, should be a good match, decided to bet on tlenit because the user above me bets tj but it's p much a tossup for me

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Week 7

Leads | Combos | Moves&Teammates
Code:
| 1    | Jolteon            |    7 |  70.00% |  57.14% |
| 2    | Runerigus          |    6 |  60.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Silvally           |    5 |  50.00% |  60.00% |
| 4    | Kangaskhan         |    4 |  40.00% |  25.00% |
| 5    | Avalugg            |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Corsola-Galar      |    3 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Exeggutor          |    3 |  30.00% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Bouffalant         |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Qwilfish           |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Liepard            |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Lurantis           |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Flareon            |    2 |  20.00% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Perrserker         |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Cramorant          |    2 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 8    | Roselia            |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Dugtrio-Alola      |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Mr. Rime           |    2 |  20.00% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Ludicolo           |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Mawile             |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Lickilicky         |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Gourgeist-Small    |    1 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Stunfisk           |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Alcremie-Matcha-Cream |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Alcremie-Ruby-Swirl |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Klinklang          |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Falinks            |    1 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
Highlights

:jolteon:
This eeveelution has cemented itself in the tier as one of the best. Its high speed and electric-immunity lets it cover a lot of the tier in one slot. It could often be seen as its own speed control with other forms of priority from pokemon like Kang to pick up the slack. It also was seen as a rain setter in Ktut vs Obii. Overall, Jolteon was used on 70% of the teams and barely kept a positive win rate with the volume of its usage.

:runerigus:
Runerigus has essentially replaced Stunfisk as our go-to ground-type. While it is vulnerable to Jolteon's Shadow Ball, it can also handle the extremely threatening Kang that evaded the council ban this week. Runerigus greatly contributed to Kang's 70% -> 40% usage and 70% -> 25% win rate. Runerigus saw some creativity in tlenit vs TJ with the double dance Amensia Iron Defense set.

:exeggutor:
Recently banned, the powerful tree actually only was used 3 times and couldn't pick up a single win on its own. Perhaps we will see it again in DLC 2, as this ban was much closer than previously.

Last edited:

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
here my unbiased predicts of week 8:

TJ (50) vs (50) Xiri: They both come from losing the previous week but it doesn't matter since they are both very good players and it will be a close match.
z0mOG (51) vs (49) Hamhamhamhamham: Last week zomog won impressively with a convincing 6-0 and I think he is in good spirits to face Ham even so I think Ham is playing well so it will be a close match with a small advantage for zomog because of what he did last week.
Vulpix03 vs obii: right when I'm writing this the game is hapenning so I can't give a predict.
Kink (40) vs (60) tlenit : tlenit got a great win against TJ last week and it's coming in very handy so I think he has enough advantage to beat kink in this match.
Ktütverde (55) vs (45) pokemonisfun: Ktut comes from losing the previous week by several 50/50 and that does not detract from what he has been achieving in his record and pif played the previous week UU if I'm not mistaken and he lost even so pif is a good player and can give the surprise.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
My unbiased predictions for Week 9:

jk, here for real
Vulpix03 vs z0mOG: Both are pretty cool, favoring z0mOG just a little because of last week's games for both of them.

obii vs pokemonisfun: Love pif as a fellow Klang, but currently sitting 0-3 going up against 6-2 obii is hard to beat.

Hamhamhamhamham vs tlenit: I really like both of these players, hoping for a tlenit win but I could see it going either way.

Ktütverde vs Poek: Ktut is 5-1 and Poek hasn't played any PU games, assuming this switch was just made due to TJ's disappearance and the fact that Lindworms have such a lead.

Kink vs Xiri: Xiri has a slightly better record and is stronger in PU in my opinion, but this is another one I could see possibly going either way.

avarice was helping me a lot w teams throughout the tour but i was still heavily involved in the building and prep process. i wanna outline each team and why i chose them as well as my specific prep each week. i encourage other pu players to do the same since i think prep is one of the most fun parts of tournaments and playing pkmn in general. avarice pretty much built all these besides 2. anyway:

week 1 vs tjay (W)

based on tj's scout, we quickly noticed that he relies a lot on klink + grass to check special attackers and water types in general. our initial idea was to overload his defensive backbone with specs lili + sd rd dred (a set suggested by avarice). i was down for it on paper but the teams werent working well in tests. day before the game we realized tj doesnt really check fire types very well. teams during this meta weren't really well equipped for it unless you had a mareanie and heatmor was pretty hard to switch into. i was using cb at first but specs seemed better. i loved the idea of heatmor + pivots. volt klink / u turn fez / eject apple had pretty great synergy and got heatmor in vs things to pick off mons. mr mime was another layer of offense that just overwhelmed balance backbones and such. this team was made like the night before the game and i barely tested which is why my fight resist was mr mime but yeah it worked out. the other option i was considering that week was:

week 2 vs kink (W)

kink didnt have much info for pu besides a few ladder games where he used the standard fez golduck whatever team. ive known kink since he was a uu player and we ran into each other a lot on the ladder back then and i remembered that he likes using balance but also super weird surprise stuff. when i prep, i try to be aware of my own weaknesses and i figured i wanna pack some excellent fight resists this week as well as be pretty cheese proof. i wasnt sure what "cheese-proof" entailed in pu but null + slash was a pretty fantastic defensive core that many mons struggled to break. subtox dug was incredible at pressuring every style of team and subtox gourg worked similarly. i honestly didnt expect rain here but the cheese proof idea worked out since null / chan and the subtox mons applied a lot of pressure against kinks team. the other option i was considering is:

week 3 vs ham (W)

i didnt have much info to go off of for ham either but one thing i was VERY wary of is that null + ground archetypes are extremely extremely spikes weak. null pretty much invites hazard stack for free so i wanted to avoid being too hazard weak this time. boots slash + zam isnt the best but not bad vs spikes. knock zam is such an amazing standalone breaker and it works amazingly well with liep. everything that comes in on liep's uturn (except maw) is susceptible to getting hit hard by zam. pdef throh intrigued me a lot as a physical sponge especially in future weeks where it allowed a slightly more offensive ground and more creative structure. idef apple was a suggestion by ava to clean up late game and it wouldve won the game if i didnt get the zam roll

week 4 vs keppy (W)

yeah so this week we were paying attention to keppys gourg usage and planned to use this cool ass zweilous spikes balance but ava dropped this glaceon tr team and it was just so fun to use so i decided to use it. not much thought here LOL i just wanted to use something fun. the zweilous teams were sick tho check em out

week 5 vs tlenit (L)

tony actually made this team after i reached out to him for help. this was definitely the week i struggled the most to prep. tlenit uses super creative and wacky teams, structures, sets, etc so i wasnt sure where to start. i thought he'd stall so i wanted to bring some breaker heavy team. i wasnt happy with any of my options until tony gave me this specs be+rest talk apple team which absolutely smashes fat stuff. i considered stalling tlenit myself but i trusted the tony team a lot. some other teams i considered for this week were:

- the flcl stall that soulwind used vs ultraballz in slam playoffs
- https://pokepast.es/5da73ab954b2f39c - a stall that avarice made
- https://pokepast.es/0ac1f3f6fbe6d703 - super cool pivot spam around luxray

week 6 vs xiri

i didnt have a specific idea since the meta changed besides wanting to abuse broken kang + spikes. no spikes here but we got kang and all the Good Mons. got surprised by scarf kang here and yeah

week 7 vs ktut (W)

ktut's team were extremely weak to either ludi or sd dred. teams that check waters with just a grass type tend to be pretty rain weak so that was the idea here. avarice made me several rain teams but this one was my favorite because of its bulkier backbone between av bouff / rune. ludi in particular is excellent since its coverage lets it hit almost everything hard outside of mareanie i guess. ferro balances were big this week and focus shreds it. the rain pick here was neat since you catch offense and balance at once, swift swimmers messing w offense and powerful rain hits messing w balance cores

week 8 vs vulpix (W)

yo i actually made this team myself!! ok i wasnt sure who was building for vulpix but i know tony had an influence and i know tony very well. my assumptions here were the following: we both think bu throh is super broken, he'd expect me to stall, or he'd stall himself. so i didnt wanna auto lose to bu throh (my teams the previous weeks had been pretty weak to it) and i wanted to have tools vs stall. i went with 4a throh since it gets past unaware and is in general an excellent breaker. i wanted to pair it with hwish or wish support and wish kang came to mind. things that come into kang, throh can come in for free on, eat a hit, and heal up with a wish. the rest of the members fit naturally. i had a buncha diff mons over the mime slot but ava suggested mime and i liked it since np added another breaker and mime is p fast in general.

i pretty much stopped prepping seriously here. for week 9 i figured pif would stall me but i wanted to use tr cus its fun. my stall match up wasnt bad but i didnt have mons like gorsola in mind so it stopped perserrker pretty easily. props to pif for creating such a unique stall

i made more teams but theyre all old meta and just normal zam spikes (zam rose null throh etc etc) stuff. pu was a lot of fun to play and build in, especially after the shifts. again, shout outs to avarice for all the help this tour. i pretty much asked for anything and he always delivered be it with teams, ideas, or even feedback

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finals
TJ vs Vulpix03

Fascinating one, TJ is obviously the more established player but Vulpix has definitely been more successful in these later weeks of snake. Looking forward to seeing what they figure out for this dead meta, last week had some pretty odd calls so I've got no idea where this is gonna go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)