Sticky Smogon Sprite Project

They have been, for a while.
:ursaluna: :overqwil: :wyrdeer:
Thanks friend, one last question, where can I see sprite updates in real time? I noticed that these small sprites are not in the spreadsheet but you showed me here, I wanted to see the real progress of paldea sprites if possible. Grateful

G.E.Z.

formerly Grand Emperor of Zelron
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Update:
908.png
908s.png
938.png
938s.png
964.png
964s.png
975.png
975s.png
977.png
977s.png
982.png
982s.png
982_1.png
982_1s.png
999.png
999s.png
999_1.png
999_1s.png
1000.png
1000s.png
1001.png
1001s.png
1006.png
1006s.png

Meowscarada by Katten.
Tadbulb & Iron Valiant by Sphex.
Dondozo & Roaming Gimmighoul by KingOfThe-X-Roads.
Hero Palafin by Travis.
Cetitan by Buna.
Gholdengo by Mintly.
Dudunsparce, Chest Gimmighoul and Wo-Chien by G.E.Z.

Hello, I had noticed that cinderace and zamazenta-crowned both use sprites that do not match with the spreadsheet, but only in their non-shiny forms. The shiny variants do match, leading me to suspect this wasn't intended

Is there something going wrong? I've noticed that at this point in Gen 8's lifetime, it was basically finished, yes this time it's not even a third of the way done. If I'm wrong ignore me, but if there are problems maybe it would be best being public about them? Otherwise nobody can help you

Selena

smells like lesbian
is a Top Artist
Is there something going wrong? I've noticed that at this point in Gen 8's lifetime, it was basically finished, yes this time it's not even a third of the way done. If I'm wrong ignore me, but if there are problems maybe it would be best being public about them? Otherwise nobody can help you
There's nothing wrong. We just have our own lives, and other obligations. Work is actively being done and we have enough people, but we're not going to rush like our lives depend on it.

Would also like to note that we prioritize high-usage mons that are used on showdown. For instance, I'm working on Iron Treads at the moment.

There's nothing wrong. We just have our own lives, and other obligations. Work is actively being done and we have enough people, but we're not going to rush like our lives depend on it.

Would also like to note that we prioritize high-usage mons that are used on showdown. For instance, I'm working on Iron Treads at the moment.
That's great to hear, an I'm sorry if it came off as asking you to rush, that's not what I meant by that at all. It's just hard to tell between different things that have the same outward appearance as an outsider. (I've seen way too many things like this fall apart that maybe I assume the worst a little)

Selena

smells like lesbian
is a Top Artist
That's great to hear, an I'm sorry if it came off as asking you to rush, that's not what I meant by that at all. It's just hard to tell between different things that have the same outward appearance as an outsider. (I've seen way too many things like this fall apart that maybe I assume the worst a little)
Yeah don't worry. I know people just want to see the project done right, and that's why we're not in any rush. We want to put as much time and quality into our work to make this GOOD.

To be honest, the sprites set on the current Pokemon Showdown is indeed a bit strange. By default, 3D rendering sprites, Gen5 style pixel sprites, and official home sprites may appear in the same battle. Some back sprites are even just mirrors of official art. I understand that these are just temporary placeholders, but for Gen 9, have they existed for too long? Is there a more suitable placeholder to temporarily replace it?

I'm sorry if this opinion should not have been raised in this post. I respect and thank every contributor of Smogon. I understand the importance of pursuing quality, but there may be a more suitable compromise solution.

uppa

did i play well ?
is a Top Artist
To be honest, the sprites set on the current Pokemon Showdown is indeed a bit strange. By default, 3D rendering sprites, Gen5 style pixel sprites, and official home sprites may appear in the same battle.
The hierarchy of placeholders (for the “Use Gen 5 Style Sprites” box unticked) Is 3d Renders > Gen 5 Sprites > Home Icons > Missing file.

I’m not sure what improvement you’d want to suggest over this system, but it’s not really the right place for it since we have nothing to do with the coding of showdown.

The hierarchy of placeholders (for the “Use Gen 5 Style Sprites” box unticked) Is 3d Renders > Gen 5 Sprites > Home Icons > Missing file.

I’m not sure what improvement you’d want to suggest over this system, but it’s not really the right place for it since we have nothing to do with the coding of showdown.
This hierarchy itself is not a problem, but due to the lack of 3D renders and Gen 5 sprites, Home icons have been used as placeholders for too long.

For art, I support and understand spending more time to ensure quality. But for Showdown, I believe there is a need for some "temporary" 3D renders or Gen 5 sprites placeholders to replace those annoying Home icons.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
for too long
No model or sprite project has ever been completed in less than a year. Please stop complaining about timings. The volunteer team is doing an amazing work and everything will be eventually be done, just like on last generation. This conversation has ran its course, please refrain to keep hurrying the artists or your posts will be deleted.

This hierarchy itself is not a problem, but due to the lack of 3D renders and Gen 5 sprites, Home icons have been used as placeholders for too long.

For art, I support and understand spending more time to ensure quality. But for Showdown, I believe there is a need for some "temporary" 3D renders or Gen 5 sprites placeholders to replace those annoying Home icons.
Sure, they aren't ideal, but they are being used because they are the best alternative we have at the moment. At any rate, what we have here is for the creation of sprites. If you do have some other alternative then that's great, you should suggest said alternatives use, but this is almost definitely not the place for said suggestion

No model or sprite project has ever been completed in less than a year. Please stop complaining about timings. The volunteer team is doing an amazing work and everything will be eventually be done, just like on last generation. This conversation has ran its course, please refrain to keep hurrying the artists or your posts will be deleted.
I apologize again for my incorrect speaking occasion. Please believe that I did not mean to urge the artist, and I have no intention of continuing to reply. Anyway, 'for too long' is taken out of context.

Is there a project working on even smaller sprites? I use google docs to keep track of Pokemon and like the smaller sprites to organize them. Anyways keep up the good work! I can't imagine how much time is being spent on this.

Selena

smells like lesbian
is a Top Artist
Is there a project working on even smaller sprites? I use google docs to keep track of Pokemon and like the smaller sprites to organize them. Anyways keep up the good work! I can't imagine how much time is being spent on this.
MBCMechachu has a project going on with the icons. Talk to him about it, probably. Switch and 3ds style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)