Smogon Tournament #8 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon

Lost game two because Eternal decided to join say something that was false. Which cost me the game.

Game three lost on a misclick.
I just popped in and told your opponent that the paralysis didn't matter because Gliscor would've lived Scald anyways. Of course I thought your Gliscor was the common defensive Gliscor with 252 HP EVs. If it was, it would've taken:
4 SpAtk XYZ (his Pokemon, not gonna reveal) Scald vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Gliscor: 61.86% - 73.73%

Meaning, you would have had a 100% chance of living the Scald after SR damage.

But instead your Gliscor was the offensive variant, which takes:
4 SpAtk XYZ Scald vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Gliscor: 75.26% - 89.69%

A 15.2% chance of OHKO with SR up (so you got pretty unlucky there and I shouldn't be blamed for saying that Gliscor could actually live). Unless if XYZ had some more SpAtk investments (which I doubt), it would have had a greater chance of OHKO. Not only did you risk that when switching, you also risked getting burned. You also previously risked sending Gliscor in on Scald.

So yea, no reason to blame it on me bro :/

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I just popped in and told your opponent that the paralysis didn't matter because Gliscor would've lived Scald anyways. Of course I thought your Gliscor was the common defensive Gliscor with 252 HP EVs. If it was, it would've taken:
4 SpAtk XYZ (his Pokemon, not gonna reveal) Scald vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Gliscor: 61.86% - 73.73%

Meaning, you would have had a 100% chance of living the Scald after SR damage.

But instead your Gliscor was the offensive variant, which takes:
4 SpAtk XYZ Scald vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Gliscor: 75.26% - 89.69%

A 15.2% chance of OHKO with SR up (so you got pretty unlucky there and I shouldn't be blamed for saying that Gliscor could actually live). Unless if XYZ had some more SpAtk investments (which I doubt), it would have had a greater chance of OHKO. Not only did you risk that when switching, you also risked getting burned. You also previously risked sending Gliscor in on Scald.

So yea, no reason to blame it on me bro :/
maybe you shouldn't talk in other peoples matches

Eternal got banned by someone without a ultra ball, lol. also trying to contact Wraith again to knock out the last two battles.

I'm sorry, I just don't have the time I thought I would, I'm dropping out. Good luck to everyone!

Pokemon

Lost game two because Eternal decided to join say something that was false. Which cost me the game.

Game three lost on a misclick.
I always have friends watching my battles etc, you shouldn't even be listening to others outside of the battle anyways it isn't their battle. If you were going to be in finals you would have to deal with it or choose to ignore spects, it was really your own fault.

Indra

DACODBOSS
is a Past WCoP Champion
I always have friends watching my battles etc, you shouldn't even be listening to others outside of the battle anyways it isn't their battle. If you were going to be in finals you would have to deal with it or choose to ignore spects, it was really your own fault.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
theduzzmaster isnt the most active of users so he appears difficult to find at the right time. activity post.

edit: his last activity on his account was three days ago but we scheduled to battle sooner than that.

I will try with my opponent (bubbly ) to play Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, since we have 6 hour time difference I have those days free

lost the 3rd match gg.

forgot to give my ninetales drought, couldn't see the pokemon sprites, a few paralyzes screwed me.

good luck bharmalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)