Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
| 35 | Aromatisse | 7.443% |

FUCKING DIE

| 35 | Azelf | 6.112% |

Alright, this is insane. Why 6.7 for rise and 1.7 for drop? I get that there aren't supposed to be as many changes in-between the main updates, but how is ANYTHING supposed to change in 6.7 and 1.7? Quagsire got extremely lucky. Azelf was used more than half of OU yet it's not OU thanks to 6.7.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the quickrise/drop numbers are based on the "regular" 3.41%. Mons need double/half this (ie 6.8%/1.7%) to quickmove in the first month, and 1.5x/0.66x this (ie 5.1%/2.2%) to quickmove in the second.

The quick-rise and drop percentage cutoffs are based on the 50% chance you see a given Pokémon at least once in N number of battles.
The standard three month usage is set to N = 20 battles (3.41%);
the first quick rise/drop month is set to N =10, 40 battles (6.7%, 1.7%), respectively;
and the second quick rise/drop month is set to N =15, 30 battles (4.52%, 2.28%), respectively.

Musharna doesn't have space to run Wish. Between Calm Mind, Psyshock, Signal Beam, Heal Bell, Baton Pass, Barrier and Stored Power it just doesn't have the room.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Why are you pissed at Aromatisse's usage?
Hi and welcome to Smogon, it seems you are unfamiliar with our forums so let me give you a tip. We have this thing called an edit button so you don't have to make consecutive post like that. Please use it. And if you don't, people will think your a dick for giving off another notification right after they checked it. Have a good day

| 20 | Donphan | 8.583% |

From the UU stats. Surprised no one is complaining about this. Its C-ranked after all, and above some of the tier's most influential mons. It does compress a lot of roles though (albeit not very well), so I guess its a "necessary evil" for a lack of a better term.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
NGL I almost exclusively play Azelf HO and I've never even used xtra chirps

Hi and welcome to Smogon, it seems you are unfamiliar with our forums so let me give you a tip. We have this thing called an edit button so you don't have to make consecutive post like that. Please use it. And if you don't, people will think your a dick for giving off another notification right after they checked it. Have a good day

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
WTF Cacturne to PU? I have swept whole OU teams with this movepool and good timing:

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Also, Tangrowth jumping 2 tiers up is pretty suprising. I wonder why?
Cacturne is kinda bad actually. It might have a niche to catch un-prepared teams off-guard but that's it. Having to rely on sucker punch as its dark stab, makes it easier to play around. Its overall mediocre stats and speed leave it susceptible against many common offensive threats and revenge killers. It also finds it hard to find set-up opportunities. Finally, it needs a ton of support for it in order to work, which makes the team give up some important slots.
Edit: It's OU that I'm talking about.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If we're going off of usage stat trends, it's not going anywhere outside of RU anytime soon. Virtually no one uses it in UU, and in RU it still sees a really solid amount of usage and is no where even close to dropping, so it's probably never going to fall to NU. Considering the sixth generation is almost over, and we're starting anew with a brand new generation as Sun and Moon are on the horizon, we only have two months of usage shifts left and Aromatisse is probably never going to drop for the generation. Bottom line, if usage trends stay the same (and they most likely will), Aromatisse is going to be RU to stay.

So if you're looking to see Aroma drop to NU, it unfortunately is likely never going to happen, so wishing for it to drop is but a distant dream.

Hippowdon was UU before i don't see any realistic reason it would be busted in the current meta if it did drop (referring to Sand Stream)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Free Hippo so Stoutland is amazing in UU again imo

Please ladder! Let it drop! It's not in favor in OU anyway!

You know what I've noticed? Every time someone says "if this Pokemon drops to x tier then it would destroy x tier" or something along those lines, and then it drops, where does it go? B+. It's always B+.

Examples:

Conkeldurr to UU
Sylveon to UU
Aggron to NU
Gastrodon to NU
Gurdurr to NU
Pelipper to PU
Shaymin to RU
Slurpuff to RU

| 52 | Venusaur-Mega | 3.121% |

I don't want this thing in UU. Not in the slightest.
Really want Combusken to happen, though it could just end up being banned

Just you wait

Hey Antar.

Mix and Mega is the second most popular OM ladder of all time (excluding 1v1, first is Monotype). If you're unfamiliar with it's mechanics, basically any Pokemon can use any Mega Stone / Primal Orb. I was wondering if you could make an exception and not tier Megas / Primals separately for Mix and Mega. Currently you get two entries for real Megas, one for the Mega with its relevant Mega Stone and one for the base form with all other Mega Stones. Both myself and the current leader of Mix and Mega would like it to just have a single entry. This makes the usage stats more consistent because non-real Megas don't have separate entries.

This is relevant because Mix and Mega will be receiving a (semi) permanent ladder starting next generation. It's also the current OM of the Month so if you can make this change before the usage stats are generated for September, that will be appreciated.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Antar.

Mix and Mega is the second most popular OM ladder of all time (excluding 1v1, first is Monotype). If you're unfamiliar with it's mechanics, basically any Pokemon can use any Mega Stone / Primal Orb. I was wondering if you could make an exception and not tier Megas / Primals separately for Mix and Mega. Currently you get two entries for real Megas, one for the Mega with its relevant Mega Stone and one for the base form with all other Mega Stones. Both myself and the current leader of Mix and Mega would like it to just have a single entry. This makes the usage stats more consistent because non-real Megas don't have separate entries.

This is relevant because Mix and Mega will be receiving a (semi) permanent ladder starting next generation. It's also the current OM of the Month so if you can make this change before the usage stats are generated for September, that will be appreciated.
Antar cause ti tagged the wrong one

atomicllamas The Immortal, not for September, no. I'll look into doing it for October. But you sure you don't want something more along the lines of Blastoise-Mega-Venusaur? Or combine by Mega-forme?
Yes, I'm sure. Splitting up every Mega like that is too much. It's definitely more user friendly to just see all of Mew's used stones, for example, at once rather than looking up several Mew-Mega's. And combining the Megas doesn't really work. Different Pokemon using the same Mega Stone don't do the same thing - they each have their own stats, typing, and move pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)