Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2015 (See Post 222 for April Quick Rises/Drops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm still waiting for the day when Zapdos drops

I'm excited to see that Mamoswine may drop though. UU could use another good Ice-type, especially when you see Flying- and Dragon-types everywhere.

Also it has Freeze Dry so fuck Suicune (but mostly Swampert I guess)

Don't forget Mandibuzz dropping from OU. Definitely not on the same level of this garbage, but always felt like not belonging to OU since the day Aegislash was banned.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm still waiting for the day when Zapdos drops

I'm excited to see that Mamoswine may drop though. UU could use another good Ice-type, especially when you see Flying- and Dragon-types everywhere.

Also it has Freeze Dry so fuck Suicune (but mostly Swampert I guess)
Zapdos isn't dropping because its good in OU

Scrafty in RU ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Flygon in RU ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Noivern in RU ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kingdra in RU (ノಠ_ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Looking forward to trying out Noivern most personally. As we've seen though, RU doesn't like Hurricane (Mega Pidge + Moltres bans). Not so excited for facing Kingdra, though, to be honest. Losing Cress, Doublade and (potentially) Aboma will be equally as big changes to the tier as the drops too.

Will be interesting to see what happens anyway. I'd also like to see Trevenant drop, just to see how it fairs in RU (might be bad, might be average, can't see it being good though) but I don't think it will happen yet.

Can you guys like, stop shitposting?

This thread is for stats, if you wanna discuss specific rises/drops why not discuss them in their respective metagame discussion?
Do you even know what shitposting is or do you think it makes you look cool to call people out? Because commenting on rises/drops (maybe they are off-topic in this specific thread idk) isn't shitposting in the slightest. People are having a genuine discussion, shitposting is just spamming a thread about random garbage.

Terrakion, Heracross, and Pinsir dropped I believe 2 months ago, and they are great in OU.
The difference is that they took an hit in viability(greater opportunity cost for the two bugs, faster speed tiers and the lead set ruined by Mega Sableye for Terrakion), while if anything Zapdos' viability rose since it's one of the best checks for stuff like genies, Excadrill, Talonflame, normal Gyarados and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)