CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 10

What will be the name of our new pokemon?

• Aufylus

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Dorylus

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Syclant

Votes: 132 53.7%
  • Apocritz

Votes: 21 8.5%
  • Vishicle

Votes: 38 15.4%
  • Eiskungia

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so Poll 9 didn't really serve any purpose except to point out that we don't need a signature move. Whatever.

As you may have noticed, for the past two months, we've had to refer to this new pokemon as "this new pokemon" or "this guy" or "that thing." Frankly, it's really annoying. So in this poll, we'll be voting on names as suggested by people who are you/just like you. I picked six of my favorite names from Poll 9 and am going to give everyone the chance to vote. This is going to be a double poll, with the top three names making it to part 2. I'm expecting that this won't take very long, because as apparent in the picture poll, it doesn't take very long for a frontrunner to get way ahead. This is a two day poll.

For those of you that aren't in the know, this is what the pokemon (see? It's annoying!) looks like:

Here are what the lists of names represent/come from, as told by the creator:

Aufylus - Sunday or Hyra (a collaborative effort?); combines the words for "ice that form in arctic waters" and "the genus ants belong to"

Dorylus - Sunday or Hyra (not collaborative, I don't remember who suggested it); the genus ants belong to.

Syclant - Lawman; combines Icicle and Ant.

Apocritz - Zenigame; play on the suborder of ants

Vishicle - Tsukikage; play on CyzirVisheen, who drew the picture

Eiskungia - sanjay120; largest species of ant

So get voting! We need a name for this pokemon before I go insane. If your name was not put on the list, I apologize. I gave everyone the chance to comment on my list, and no one seemed to have a problem with it. This poll will close in two days.

Syclant is my favorite fo shizzle...
I predict that this is going to be a lot closer than the rest of the polls...

Voted Aufylus.
I wouldn't mind Syclant, though.

Wasn't Dorylus just an idea for making a name, not an actual name suggestion?

Eiskungia is from eis, German for ice, and Namkungia, the genus of the largest species of ice bug. It's not a real word.

Also Dorylus was not a name suggested. It's the root word of Aufylus.

EDIT: Pronunciations:

Aufylus: Ow-fee-lus
Syclant: Sickle-ant
Eiskungia: Ice-KOON-jee-a

Need help on the stress syllables and Apocritz, if the creators would step up.

Thanks. I didn't want people to be confused as what a sickle has to do with... this pokemon, lol.

You're right, it is pretty annoying =P

And think about all the pokemon names and which one's are complicated like that?

All pokemon names are relatively easy to say in english, or to read in general. Those names just don't suit a pokemon

No harder to pronounce than Pachirisu. Besides this will probably end up the Japanese name since we're sending this directly to Nintendo, and the dubbers will give it something stupid.

if nintendo even considers using our pokemon...
i know that if we contact shoddy they will definately consider using our pokemon... and if nintendo uses our pokemon it will be in an event =/.
we really do need to get figuring out the prevo also

I personally think that Ninty e.t.c won't use this pokemon, Maybe JSC's or KoA's but CyzirVisheen's doesn't have that pokemon look.

Nevermind that his Abilities don't make sense or don't work (Does it have Compound Eyes? No. As for Mountaineer Let's make it immune to rock, aswell as no fire pokemon can even outspeed it to wipe it out, And let's give him Most TM's

I personally think that Ninty e.t.c won't use this pokemon, Maybe JSC's or KoA's but CyzirVisheen's doesn't have that pokemon look.

Nevermind that his Abilities don't make sense or don't work (Does it have Compound Eyes? No. As for Mountaineer Let's make it immune to rock, aswell as no fire pokemon can even outspeed it to wipe it out, And let's give him Most TM's
KoA's is a sprite of Czir's. And it has little blue dots on its head which are extra eyes, and real ice bugs live in the mountains. Plus the idea is that it has a hard shell, strengthened by ice, granting it some immunity to Rock.

I think you might want to just stick to one poll because it is pretty apparent that Syclant is going to win at the moment. But you never know, things could change. It's all up to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)