CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 11

Whose art will we use for the Syclant sprite?

• KingofAnime - KoA

Votes: 128 57.7%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 84 37.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Poll 10 isn't even over yet. I know. But Sanyjay way gnawing on me, and people were going off topic, and I just didn't have any choice! Peer pressure got to me, but you guys will never get me to smoke.

We're getting to the end of the voting. All we have left to do is decide on a sprite and an evolution line for the newly named Syclant. Here's what it looks like so far:

Syclant
Bug/Ice
Ability: Compound Eyes/ Mountaineer
70/ 116/ 70/ 114/ 64/ 121

Mountaineer: This pokemon takes no indirect or direct damage from Rock type attacks upon switching in. This doesn't block additional effects.

And here are the sprite and animation choices:

KingofAnime - KoA:
Sprite:

Animation:

Cyzir:
Sprite:

DougJustDoug:
Sprite:

Animation:

Yep, pretty good. If either of the two delinquents who didn't pay attention to my posts want to send me anything to put into their profile, they can send it to me. Otherwise you'll be voting on these three. This poll will close in two days, even though it'll finish in only one and I'll be pressured to making the new one prematurely (like I am now).

I'd also like to give an honorable mention to Lord_Sunday and me for creating this kick-ass sprite and animation (which are spin-offs of Doug's):
and
. You can't vote on them, but man, if you could....

I had to back up Cyzir. Not only does his look most like a pokemon sprite (sorry Doug, not working for me), it's really well done and has a great pose. I'd also vote for my own, if I could.

Um, am i supossed to be seeing a Poll? Because if i am, then why isn't it showing up?

Edit: Im assuming that my copmuter isn't working and/or there is no poll. So i'll just post: Cyzir. I agree with your reasonings Cooper. I have always loved Cyzir's. Also, the design of DJD looks like what Nintendo would make the doll into, no offense. I like them all, except Cyzir's just a little more. Also, don't we need to decide on Dex entries?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
DougJustDoug wins...even if his pogey isn't pokemon like. Cyzir's sprite has such a gigantic abdomen, the actual picture of it is a lot better. I believe Cyzir made a sprite before that, and I think that one's the best, despite the lack of wings.

I think KOA's looks more like a Pokemon. And no offense to Cyzir, but I think KOA's is better made as well.

I love Cyzir's, but KoA has just stuck with me. It's slightly more unique, seems more threatening, to me, and believably quicker. Doug's is an awesome sprite, but I don't see it moving as fast as Syclant will.

Cyzir's is simply a brilliant sprite. Plus, Cyzir created the first art, so why not let him give the sprite as well?

KoA is my least favorite. I like the colors for the shiny one tho, and the back is cool

Really tough call between Cyzir and Doug.. I'll go with Cyzir.

Just remember, as much as we like Absur'd, we need to stick to the same formula. The first polls are voting on Pokemon types, remember?

Just remember, for whoever runs it, to not put Ice or Bug in the running. No reason to for a repeated typing on only our second creation.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Doug's sprite's abdomen is bigger than both Cyzir's and KoA's, which are about the same size.
What I meant was the head to body proportion. Doug's has a bigger head, making the abdomen look more proportionate. I don't really know...but what seems to bother me the most about Cyzir's sprite is the pose.

The gold wouldn't look as appealing on KoA's. The thing that tied it together was the idea of green glass wings, which do so nicely on Czir's due to the rough ice effect he gave it.

EDIT: Doug's has a slightly bigger head and a slimmer, more visable midsection, making it look kinda weird imo. Like an overly hourglass shape.

I do hope KoA's wins, its filled with "i'm the best". Cyzir's is just too complicated and the abdomen is huge, Doug's doesn't resemble it enough nor does it look that cool...

My vote goes to Cyzir. He manages to capture the Pokemon art style best, and his looks the most like it could fit into one of the games without looking awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)